Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Sep 17, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #1,037 of 2,982
Question for users with hiss issues:

Do all of you have issues with headphones or also IEMs? Sorry of that has been answered already.

Thanks
The N30LE #31 Amber Pearl IEMs are perfect. The problem I have using Focal Utopia headphones is with Cardas Clear cables. Both hiss & distortion on all settings. The Utopia Stock cables work fine.

Sep 17, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #1,038 of 2,982
I did the OTA update the morning it popped ... had no issues. That said, I had the unit powered off entirely before I did it as I'd been charging it ready for another day of testing.

Do all of you have issues with headphones or also IEMs?

I only tested with IEMs (EE Odin, IE600, Blessing 3 etc.) and got the major hiss and static issues with all of them.

Was the case with 3.5mm and 4.4mm sockets, and regardless of whether I used the stock cable or something else.

---

If I get a replacement unit, I'll obviously be putting it through the wringer with every IEM and headphone I have right out of the gate ...

I say "if" because they now show "sold out" with MusicTeck. No idea if that means they still have units on hand to handle replacements. I'm out if they don't and will take a refund instead.

Sep 17, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #1,040 of 2,982
It's tricky to tell if it is just a few (though a lot more than I would expect for such a small overall product run) units with issues (faults) ... OR ... if all units are affected, to varying degrees, and some owners use-cases/gear pairings haven't caused them to run into a problem "yet" (or they may never, even if the issue is latent).

I'm hoping its the former.

I do know that, had I not listened for long enough to get my unit nice and warm, I may not have known I had an issue at all yet. So, if I was an owner, or if I get a replacement, my first priority now would be stress-testing the thing with as many IEMs, cables, headphones and settings as possible.

Sep 17, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #1,041 of 2,982
Wow guys, I almost feel guilty having a unit that works so far. The charge light is a little wonky, but aside from that, no problems. I've used 5 different iems and about 8 different cables, and no hiss. Unit #106. My hope is that Cayin and dealers might stop distribution at a number well below 300, take that inventory back in for quality control testing, and hold back a number of them with dealers for prompt replacement to customers if necessary.

Sep 17, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #1,042 of 2,982
It's tricky to tell if it is just a few (though a lot more than I would expect for such a small overall product run) units with issues (faults) ... OR ... if all units are affected, to varying degrees, and some owners use-cases/gear pairings haven't caused them to run into a problem "yet" (or they may never, even if the issue is latent).

I'm hoping its the former.

I do know that, had I not listened for long enough to get my unit nice and warm, I may not have known I had an issue at all yet. So, if I was an owner, or if I get a replacement, my first priority now would be stress-testing the thing with as many IEMs, cables, headphones and settings as possible.
I'm thinking the same thing too, why there are so many problem with such a limited production unit like this? But then again the N30LE has a new circuitry design and with so many options in such a compact package might overcomplicate things for them, but that's just my opinion.

Sep 17, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #1,043 of 2,982
I got the Pearl Amber combo, and it sounds impressive.

Today, I tried the 3.5mm term, and it is not working. I connected EA cables and nothing, then the Cayin 3.5mm adapter with the Pearl Amber iems, and I got the same result.
Am I doing something wrong?

Sep 17, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #1,044 of 2,982
Obviously, this DAP caught my attention, but with two past hardware/software negative experiences with Cayin and at 5K I will sit this one out. It could be ear melting good, but I already don't have patience for what you guys are enduring. Always with these threads, it is gush, small reality bug checks, excuses for bugs, and then hard core reality about getting out while the getting is good. I will take a little lesser sound, and if I need driving power at home, use a portable/transportable amp. Generally, I say I will wait until @aaf evo sells his, but. I want to monitor still because maybe it is just a handful of faulty units.

Sep 17, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #1,045 of 2,982
@subguy812 It IS ear melting good :wink:

Wow guys, I almost feel guilty having a unit that works so far. The charge light is a little wonky, but aside from that, no problems. I've used 5 different iems and about 8 different cables, and no hiss. Unit #106. My hope is that Cayin and dealers might stop distribution at a number well below 300, take that inventory back in for quality control testing, and hold back a number of them with dealers for prompt replacement to customers if necessary.
I am like you, but overall it seems like there is a few units that have issues and it would be interesting to have all the serials affected and see if there are any patterns...

Obviously, this DAP caught my attention, but with two past hardware/software negative experiences with Cayin and at 5K I will sit this one out. It could be ear melting good, but I already don't have patience for what you guys are enduring. Always with these threads, it is gush, small reality bug checks, excuses for bugs, and then hard core reality about getting out while the getting is good. I will take a little lesser sound, and if I need driving power at home, use a portable/transportable amp. Generally, I say I will wait until @aaf evo sells his, but. I want to monitor still because maybe it is just a handful of faulty units.
Which is probably the case and there are a number of steps to make sure of the cause of what's happening too.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #1,046 of 2,982
I got the Pearl Amber combo, and it sounds impressive.

Today, I tried the 3.5mm term, and it is not working. I connected EA cables and nothing, then the Cayin 3.5mm adapter with the Pearl Amber iems, and I got the same result.
Am I doing something wrong?
Maybe you tried the PRE 3.5 output?

Sep 17, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #1,048 of 2,982
Thanks for your help!
I'm 100% sure I connected to the 3.5mm headphone socket.

The other possible "issue" I found was that using the dap at half of the volume and charging it at the same time, the battery drains even though you are charging it.
I think that was the case with n8ii on tubes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back