Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Oct 21, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #1,653 of 2,988
To be more specific first few days it was lacking details and stage vs sp3000 . Now it’s at least on par but has more dynamic and slam per say. Only thing I wish it has more elevated bass. I know I'm wishing for coloration. I only listen music for fun so neutral sound is not my priority.

Oct 21, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #1,654 of 2,988
To be more specific first few days it was lacking details and stage vs sp3000 . Now it’s at least on par but has more dynamic and slam per say. Only thing I wish it has more elevated bass. I know I'm wishing for coloration. I only listen music for fun so neutral sound is not my priority.

Which mode are you using and IEM/headphone?

Oct 21, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #1,655 of 2,988
Which mode are you using and IEM/headphone?
Hyper is always on, Tube modern . As far as IEMs, seems like exactly same as you lol. Technically I also have a Raven but I am waiting on exchange.

Attachments

• IMG_0041.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 0
Oct 21, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #1,656 of 2,988
Hyper is always on, Tube modern . As far as IEMs, seems like exactly same as you lol. Technically I also have a Raven but I am waiting on exchange.

I hear more coloration in Tube Classic which is my primary timbre mode with Hyper + M/H gain for both FiRs and UM.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2023 at 7:34 PM Post #1,657 of 2,988
I hear more coloration in Tube Classic which is my primary timbre mode with Hyper + M/H gain for both FiRs and UM.
yep I like mid / high gain too . if you don’t mind oftopic question. What is Fit E12 ?

Oct 21, 2023 at 9:26 PM Post #1,659 of 2,988
I have tested different modes and found that Hyper mode sounded a little bit too aggressive for me on my set of IEMs. It can provide a fuller sound but sometimes I start to detect some siblance and make it a little bit fatiguing in long listening sessions.

My fav 2 modes:
Vocals/ Violin: Tube (Classics) + Class A + Mid gain
EDM/ Rock: Solid state + Class AB + Mid gain

Still keep exploring though.

Oct 21, 2023 at 10:19 PM Post #1,660 of 2,988
I have tested different modes and found that Hyper mode sounded a little bit too aggressive for me on my set of IEMs. It can provide a fuller sound but sometimes I start to detect some siblance and make it a little bit fatiguing in long listening sessions.

My fav 2 modes:
Vocals/ Violin: Tube (Classics) + Class A + Mid gain
EDM/ Rock: Solid state + Class AB + Mid gain

Still keep exploring though.
Even on Tube (classic) + Class AB + Low gain, it sounded a bit too aggressive with my 64Audio A18t. But after 50-60 hours, it settled down nicely

Oct 22, 2023 at 3:30 AM Post #1,661 of 2,988
Some people may think it's nonsense but I am interested in N30LE performance using Overears especially DCA Stealth and Verite Closed.
Being a perfectionist I didn't even dare using such headphones directly out of DAPs without additional amping and after testing DCA Stealth out of Sp3k CU at around volume 105/150 and 300 Ohm Verite Closed out of N7 on high gain at around 45/100 I was quite impressed.
Not saying a good Desktop stack isn't better but I felt it's also not a night and day difference compared to my Ferrum-Holo stack.
As I was investigating into a night desk solution also for Overears I am seriously wondering if a TOTL DAP is sufficient plus I am seeing tuning preferences using N7 with VC even compared to my desktop stack

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2023 at 5:56 AM Post #1,662 of 2,988
Guys, forgive me if I ve missed it but I am missing some more thorough tuning comparison between N7 and N30LE.
Technicalities aside I think N7 has taken some special approach with the 1-Bit DSD approach and characteristic of N7 for me is also quite distinct from other DAPs with an organic tonality similar to R2R but more airy on top and a nice heft in bass.
How is the tuning of N30LE side by side as it's not using the same DA converter approach?
Haven't heard N8II to get some orientation from other comparisons so far but currently owning only N7 and Sp3k CU

Oct 22, 2023 at 6:40 AM Post #1,663 of 2,988
Guys, forgive me if I ve missed it but I am missing some more thorough tuning comparison between N7 and N30LE.
Technicalities aside I think N7 has taken some special approach with the 1-Bit DSD approach and characteristic of N7 for me is also quite distinct from other DAPs with an organic tonality similar to R2R but more airy on top and a nice heft in bass.
How is the tuning of N30LE side by side as it's not using the same DA converter approach?
Haven't heard N8II to get some orientation from other comparisons so far but currently owning only N7 and Sp3k CU
a comparison that I am also eagerly awaiting.

Oct 22, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #1,665 of 2,988
Some people may think it's nonsense but I am interested in N30LE performance using Overears especially DCA Stealth and Verite Closed.
Being a perfectionist I didn't even dare using such headphones directly out of DAPs without additional amping and after testing DCA Stealth out of Sp3k CU at around volume 105/150 and 300 Ohm Verite Closed out of N7 on high gain at around 45/100 I was quite impressed.
Not saying a good Desktop stack isn't better but I felt it's also not a night and day difference compared to my Ferrum-Holo stack.
As I was investigating into a night desk solution also for Overears I am seriously wondering if a TOTL DAP is sufficient plus I am seeing tuning preferences using N7 with VC even compared to my desktop stack
I have used Hiby RS6 + AK 10 PA with Ananda and Celstee and it sounded better than my desktop gustard stack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back