Cayin iHA-8: Fully Balanced "Hyper" Class-A Headphone Amplifier
Apr 2, 2024 at 6:36 AM Post #76 of 112
Maybe I didn't explain myself well since my native language is not English, but my question was different... I wanted to know if using the Hyper function with the iHA-8 was preferable or not when used with headphones that require a lot of power (HE6/Susvara), as the iHA-6 (which I own) doesn't seem to benefit from using the high current setting with that type of headphones. I hope I explained myself better.

I can only advise you to wait for more user impressions and formal reviews before you make up your mind.

Technically, this is as close as I can get to without involving subjective opinion:
The Hype mode, on the other hand, can increase the current output of the amplification without decreasing the voltage output. We achieve this by changing the power supply condition, something that we can't achieve with iHA-6 high current mode.

On the other hand, my subjective experience is different from yours because I prefer high current mode when I pair HE-6 with iHA-6. So theoretically I'll prefer Hyper mode as well when pairing iHA-8 with HE6, but I can't confirm that until I receive my set of iDAC-8/iHA-8 samples by the end of April.

For these reasons, I don't think your question can be answered until we have a larger sample of users who can share their impartial experience with "headphones that require a lot of power"

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 2, 2024 at 7:08 AM Post #77 of 112
I can only advise you to wait for more user impressions and formal reviews before you make up your mind.

Technically, this is as close as I can get to without involving subjective opinion:
The Hype mode, on the other hand, can increase the current output of the amplification without decreasing the voltage output. We achieve this by changing the power supply condition, something that we can't achieve with iHA-6 high current mode.

On the other hand, my subjective experience is different from yours because I prefer high current mode when I pair HE-6 with iHA-6. So theoretically I'll prefer Hyper mode as well when pairing iHA-8 with HE6, but I can't confirm that until I receive my set of iDAC-8/iHA-8 samples by the end of April.

For these reasons, I don't think your question can be answered until we have a larger sample of users who can share their impartial experience with "headphones that require a lot of power"
What you say is absolutely right, I was basing it on my personal experience without considering that other users might have different impressions and preferences from mine.

Apr 2, 2024 at 7:14 AM Post #78 of 112
What you say is absolutely right, I was basing it on my personal experience without considering that other users might have different impressions and preferences from mine.

That why we need a bigger sample of user feedback before we can answer your question .... if you have the patient for that. :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 2, 2024 at 11:52 AM Post #79 of 112

I have a question regarding the iDAC-8 and iHA-8 pairing, I saw on the iDAP-8 and iDAC-8 thread that the iDAC when used as a pre-amp can provide up to 12v through it's balance outputs, my question is if the iHA-8 can handle those voltages if I decided to use this amp in it's pre mode without distorting if I decide to pair them together?.

Apr 2, 2024 at 12:16 PM Post #80 of 112
Hyper is less than a watt. Little misleading

Apr 2, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #83 of 112
Hyper is less than a watt. Little misleading
It's less than a watt at high impedance, but a lower impedance it can be more than two watts, so I wouldn't call it misleading.
1712074808108.jpeg

Apr 2, 2024 at 12:24 PM Post #84 of 112
Hyper got me excited like racing stripes on a car.

Apr 2, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #85 of 112
Hyper got me excited like racing stripes on a car.
I'm also excited for Hyper mode but even more excited for the iDAP-8 pairing with this amp given that this DAC can output up to 12v when used in it's pre-amp mode and if this amp can handle those voltages when use also in conjunction with it's pre mode engage, that is making this HP amp into a pure power amp, then it means that you will be able to get more gain from this pairing without distorting, but need confirmation from @Andykong if this is indeed the case.

Apr 2, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #86 of 112
I'm also excited for Hyper mode but even more excited for the iDAP-8 pairing with this amp given that this DAC can output up to 12v when used in it's pre-amp mode and if this amp can handle those voltages when use also in conjunction with it's pre mode engage, that is making this HP amp into a pure power amp, then it means that you will be able to get more gain from this pairing without distorting, but need confirmation from @Andykong if this is indeed the case.
Almost as exciting as bass boost.

Apr 2, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #87 of 112
Apr 2, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #88 of 112
You can always EQ a low shelf if you HP can handle it.
Huh? Eq? Hyper? More importantly how’s Mexico City water supply? Sounds like a disaster

Apr 2, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #89 of 112
Huh? Eq? Hyper? More importantly how’s Mexico City water supply? Sounds like a disaster
Don't know, don't live there.

It cannot be as bad as Toronto tho

1712079153494.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #90 of 112
Don't know, don't live there.

It cannot be as bad as Toronto tho

1712079153494.jpeg
Gee sorry you don’t know about Mexico City water shortage, maybe it’s too late to help your fellow country, good luck. It’s a dry spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back