Cayin iHA-6 - US Tour and reviews
Dec 23, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #736 of 751
I don't know about you, but for me the best way to listen to HE6 with the Cayin iHA-6 is not in current mode but in standard mode. Perhaps for other planars the current mode will give better results, but for the He6s brute force is needed and therefore (for me) it is better not to give up the 5.8 watts at 64 ohms of the traditional mode (3.6 watts are not enough). Obviously this is just my personal opinion.

11227571.png

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2024 at 9:06 AM Post #738 of 751
Solved the problem with the noise, hum of the amplifier? I'm thinking of buying one, but I'm confused by the reviews about these noises
The Cayin iHA-6 is an amplifier with almost 6 watts per channel into 32 ohms, among the quietest ever... it's probably better for the reviewer to change jobs. :wink:

Feb 29, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #741 of 751
It's kind of like a thread about real owners, not reviewers. Read the whole thread
I have three other friends besides me who own the iHA-6 and no one has noticed any noise... maybe someone has come across a defective example... I can't tell you. But what I heard today with the iBasso DC-Elite, the Cayin iHA-6 and the Sennheiser HD800S is pure magic.

purebliss.jpg

Mar 29, 2024 at 11:18 AM Post #742 of 751
i know that ZMF uses this for all expos I even tested it in CanJam NY a couple of weeks ago because I am planing on buying it. So this noise issue maybe existed maybe happened in some units but what more test than a manufacturer using the unit over and over again to demo headphones. People connecting and disconnecting stuff without issue. I even emailed power holdings and they assured me they did not have any concerns or warranties related to that in the recent years.

Mar 29, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #743 of 751
i know that ZMF uses this for all expos I even tested it in CanJam NY a couple of weeks ago because I am planing on buying it. So this noise issue maybe existed maybe happened in some units but what more test than a manufacturer using the unit over and over again to demo headphones. People connecting and disconnecting stuff without issue. I even emailed power holdings and they assured me they did not have any concerns or warranties related to that in the recent years.
We have the same amplifier and we are four audiophile friends and no one has ever had a problem. Then I can't guarantee for all the units produced, but for us 4 out of 4 are perfect.

Mar 29, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #744 of 751
I just bought it. Today it came on drop, I had some credits from previous purchases so I couldn’t resist jaja.

Mar 29, 2024 at 9:37 PM Post #745 of 751
No noise issues on the iHA-6 with my ZMFs or with my lower impedance and higher sensitivity Grado GH1! I am curious about the new iHA-8 but it looks like it doesn't have any high output impedance outputs so maybe it wouldn't necessarily be an upgrade from the iHA-6 for high impedance headphones

Apr 6, 2024 at 12:15 PM Post #746 of 751
What would be a decent DAC to pair the IHA 6 with? I have a Mojo2, IFI gryphon , zen dac v2 and an old maverick audio that I like because it has tube pre out. But since this will be a new setup I am not sure if anything that I have pairs well with the cayin. I was looking into the JDS Labs Atom Dac 2 but it is single ended.

Any suggestions?

Apr 6, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #747 of 751
What would be a decent DAC to pair the IHA 6 with? I have a Mojo2, IFI gryphon , zen dac v2 and an old maverick audio that I like because it has tube pre out. But since this will be a new setup I am not sure if anything that I have pairs well with the cayin. I was looking into the JDS Labs Atom Dac 2 but it is single ended.

Any suggestions?
I use it with all the dongles I have, and it's really amazing to be able to change the sound signature in 10 seconds by always taking a new dongle from the drawer. You might also think about starting to try some dongles. Lately I've been using it with the Astell & Kern AKHC4... really great synergy with an underrated and underpriced dongle.

Chris.jpg

Here with the AKHC4 driving the HE6... really good synergy.

Apr 6, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #748 of 751
Apr 6, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #749 of 751
Apr 6, 2024 at 2:44 PM Post #750 of 751
Ok so now I have questions 😂. So I am interested in both Cayin RU6 and RU7. Not only for this but also as an everyday carry on. Which one will you say it pairs better with the IHa6. I am more inclined to the ru6.
The RU7 is certainly preferable to the RU6 for use with the iHA-6 as well as for the more mature and refined sound, but also and above all for the presence of the line out which is not present in the RU6 and the fact that the balanced output of the RU7 is a true balanced output unlike the RU6 which is just a more powerful output. The iHA-6 much prefers truly balanced sources due to its type of implementation. However, they are two excellent dongles that I use regularly with the Cayin iHA-6 and if you decide to get the RU6 remember that you cannot set it to maximum volume because the way it is made it would distort and the setting recommended by Cayin is volume 76, while with the RU7 you can easily choose the LO (line out) setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back