Cayin HA-6A Class A KT88/EL34 Tube Headphone Amplifier
Jan 27, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #931 of 1,985
Does anybody know if the KT170 works in the HA-6a without causing a major meltdown. Forgive me if that has been discussed before ...

Sorry for the late response, I can confirm that HA-6A cannot cope with KT120 and KT170.

HA-6A Tube rolling Guide.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 27, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #932 of 1,985
All members in Cayin will start our Chinese New Year holiday today. During the holiday, all orders, inquires and after sales service will be processed immediately when we resume office on 10th February. 2022.

Thanks for all the support and we wish everyone to stay safe, healthy, and to have a wonderful Year of Tiger.

2022 Chines New Year.jpg

PS. Unlike previous years, I'll will take a break during the Chinese New Year vacation. I'll only check on forum occasionally. Please pardon me if I didn't resposne to your exchanges or PM promptly.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 9, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #933 of 1,985
I have the HA-6A on order and it should be shipping in the next couple of days(after shut down for CNY is over). Can anyone offer any tips for initial setup? Also, I will be powering it with a 220V step-up transformer. I ordered a 220V model because the 110V is currently out of production and I failed to find one in the US. Anyone using theirs in a similar situation? Thanks for any insight!

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #934 of 1,985
New member of the HA-6A family here. I was lucky to get a used unit of this beast amp from my new friend @Nikols with stock tubes (I plan on trying different ones)

After all I have read I expect 0 hum with my D8000 Pro, I will connect using RCA and SE, if this is really a step up from my Kinki THR-1 and the Feliks Elise I used to own I will be so very happy.......

José

Feb 11, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #935 of 1,985
New member of the HA-6A family here. I was lucky to get a used unit of this beast amp from my new friend @Nikols with stock tubes (I plan on trying different ones)

After all I have read I expect 0 hum with my D8000 Pro, I will connect using RCA and SE, if this is really a step up from my Kinki THR-1 and the Feliks Elise I used to own I will be so very happy.......

José
I'd be interested to hear how you think it compares to the Feliks Elise. I had the Euforia SE for a short while to compare to the HA-6A and found it to be to very neutral, almost SS like, although it had a huge soundstage.

Feb 11, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #936 of 1,985
I'd be interested to hear how you think it compares to the Feliks Elise. I had the Euforia SE for a short while to compare to the HA-6A and found it to be to very neutral, almost SS like, although it had a huge soundstage.
The Feliks Elise with stock tubes was similar to Kinki THR-1 but then with RCA 6080 and CV181 MKII it was next level in detail, clarity, resolution and accuracy of the soundstage but to be honest I enjoyed the Kinki THR-1 more

Will give a short review as soon as I get the Cayin, probably next Tuesday/Wednesday

Feb 11, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #937 of 1,985
The Feliks Elise with stock tubes was similar to Kinki THR-1 but then with RCA 6080 and CV181 MKII it was next level in detail, clarity, resolution and accuracy of the soundstage but to be honest I enjoyed the Kinki THR-1 more

Will give a short review as soon as I get the Cayin, probably next Tuesday/Wednesday
Hi there,
1. Congratulations! You'll like it - even if 0 hum is rare :)
2. Did your THR-1 run free of issues??

Feb 11, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #938 of 1,985
Hi there,
1. Congratulations! You'll like it - even if 0 hum is rare :)
2. Did your THR-1 run free of issues??
Hello,

1. I cannot wait!
2. I bought it used here, one of the first units produced by Kinki, the relay came broken (left channel), I replaced it with a new one and fixed, 0 problem since then. The circuitry is very simple and accesible

Feb 11, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #939 of 1,985
Hello,

1. I cannot wait!
2. I bought it used here, one of the first units produced by Kinki, the relay came broken (left channel), I replaced it with a new one and fixed, 0 problem since then. The circuitry is very simple and accesible
Roger that! Wednesday is only roughly 120 hours away ...

Feb 12, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #940 of 1,985
Well, my order for a 220V unit fell through. The seller put me on hold until after the holiday(so two weeks wasted). They refunded my money yesterday and indicated that I will need to wait until May or June to get one. I think the guy is just confused and forgot that I was willing to accept a 220V. I know that no one has 110V models right now, but anyone know of a used one for sale anywhere of either voltage? I am pursuing vendors on Ali Express at this point. I found several that claim to have the 220V unit so I ordered one, for a higher price of course, and now the vendor is telling me it will be "factory shipped" and delivered on the 21st of this month. I'll bet 50k that this will NEVER happen, but I'm trying to be optimistic. I'm hoping to get some news today. Either way, I have definitely decided that this is the amp that I want. It's ridiculous that I have spent a month trying to buy one. You can't sell a product that you don't have. It's a shame that they can't seem to manage their inventory any better. Well, sorry for the rant, but I'm hoping to find one soon. Any suggestions welcome and thanks!

Feb 12, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #941 of 1,985
Well, my order for a 220V unit fell through. The seller put me on hold until after the holiday(so two weeks wasted). They refunded my money yesterday and indicated that I will need to wait until May or June to get one. I think the guy is just confused and forgot that I was willing to accept a 220V. I know that no one has 110V models right now, but anyone know of a used one for sale anywhere of either voltage? I am pursuing vendors on Ali Express at this point. I found several that claim to have the 220V unit so I ordered one, for a higher price of course, and now the vendor is telling me it will be "factory shipped" and delivered on the 21st of this month. I'll bet 50k that this will NEVER happen, but I'm trying to be optimistic. I'm hoping to get some news today. Either way, I have definitely decided that this is the amp that I want. It's ridiculous that I have spent a month trying to buy one. You can't sell a product that you don't have. It's a shame that they can't seem to manage their inventory any better. Well, sorry for the rant, but I'm hoping to find one soon. Any suggestions welcome and thanks!
Hi there Willie,

There's a unit available @ eBay from German seller https://www.ebay.com/itm/325044842752?hash=item4bae2eb100:g:rw0AAOSwNUBhVwMM try and send an offer ;D

One more: https://www.hifi-amplifiers.com/en/...class-a-headphone-power-amplifier-p-5534.html

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #942 of 1,985

Looking forward to your review!

I have to say i really enjoy this amp, the hum for me is a real conundrum. Ive used it with hd800s and susvaras with very different results. There was an audible noise floor with the hd800s, for me its like these headphones act like a stethoscope, i could hear the hum but also tubes heating up between songs. With music playing this wasnt an issue and i still enjoyed the ha-6a with these headphones.

The susvaras were another storey entirely. The soundfloor is absolutely black, completely silent, even on high gain. I really am enjoying this combination 95% of the time. The amp is pushed hard by the susvaras and sometimes it hits its limit.

Feb 12, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #943 of 1,985
Looking forward to your review!

I have to say i really enjoy this amp, the hum for me is a real conundrum. Ive used it with hd800s and susvaras with very different results. There was an audible noise floor with the hd800s, for me its like these headphones act like a stethoscope, i could hear the hum but also tubes heating up between songs. With music playing this wasnt an issue and i still enjoyed the ha-6a with these headphones.

The susvaras were another storey entirely. The soundfloor is absolutely black, completely silent, even on high gain. I really am enjoying this combination 95% of the time. The amp is pushed hard by the susvaras and sometimes it hits its limit.
The Susvaras will never cease to amaze me, it looks like a conspiracy theory when someone gets those cans to its full potential haha

I will probably enjoy it 100%, I enjoyed the Elise and this is probably way better with 2 sound signatures in 1 and of course, tube rolling game!

Thanks mate!

Feb 12, 2022 at 6:51 PM Post #944 of 1,985
I was eying this amp for quite long time, but the reported hum problems kept me on hold. I have ended up with McIntosh MHA200, and really happy with it. Depending on your HP you might give it a try.

Feb 12, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #945 of 1,985
This reminds me of how I ended up with the Cayin Ha-6a.
At First I wanted a Primaluna Evo 300 but just like for you now, that one wasn't available for months.
That's why I chose the Cayin instead...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back