Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
Jun 30, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #1,726 of 6,563
Are they selling online? Web link?

Thanks
Their official store is on Taobao, but they don't ship outside of China, I bought from this (store), and there is also this (store) but I have never dealt with it.

Jul 1, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #1,727 of 6,563
HA-3A, a little brother of HA-6A and HA-300MK2. More information and photo next week. :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 1, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #1,729 of 6,563
HA-3A, a little brother of HA-6A and HA-300MK2. More information and photo next week. :beerchug:
Awesome! Excited to announce the new baby of the family, it would be a great solution for those struggling with space in the desk setup.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #1,730 of 6,563
Anyone with the Mk2 version can recommend some good upgrades for the 6SN7 tubes? Planning to get better 300Bs but not sure about the the 6SN7s. I know the Mk1 benefitted from upgraded tubes but since Mk2 now comes with some pretty well regarded Tung Sol tubes, I'm wondering if there are better tubes out there or if it would just be a lateral move to upgrade.
Thanks

Jul 3, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #1,732 of 6,563
There are Tung Sol and there are Tung Sol. I doubt those are NOS black glass round plates.
Thanks. So those are the ones you would recommend? Or are there even better ones?

Jul 3, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #1,733 of 6,563
Well I would recommend them, but the prices are exorbitant if you can find them. $500-$600 pair.

Ken Rad VT-231, RCA 5691 Red Base, Sylvania Bad Boy to name a few. Depends on what type of sound you’re looking for.

Here is an EXCELLENT thread on 6SN7 tubes and variants.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-reference-6sn7-thread.117677/

Jul 3, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #1,734 of 6,563
Anyone with the Mk2 version can recommend some good upgrades for the 6SN7 tubes? Planning to get better 300Bs but not sure about the the 6SN7s. I know the Mk1 benefitted from upgraded tubes but since Mk2 now comes with some pretty well regarded Tung Sol tubes, I'm wondering if there are better tubes out there or if it would just be a lateral move to upgrade.
Thanks
If you don’t mind me saying, I would let your new MK2 fully run in before swapping tubes , any changes are more readily heard and understood better. Just saying ..

Jul 3, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #1,735 of 6,563
If you don’t mind me saying, I would let your new MK2 fully run in before swapping tubes , any changes are more readily heard and understood better. Just saying ..
Of course. Just want to gather info for if/when I feel like tube rolling. But I'm sure stock tubes are good enough.

Jul 5, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #1,736 of 6,563
Hi, noise question here.

When using dynamic driver headphones using the single-ended out, I can hear a radio station. Sometimes, it's loud enough that I can almost make out the words being spoken (!). It's just about prominent enough to interfere with quiet passages in the music. Much like when you play with an antenna (like, the intentional kind, lol), it gets better "reception" when oriented at certain angles. As luck would have it, it just so happens to be it's at its worst when I'm in my usual sitting position relative to the amp. I think it's worse at night than during the day.

I have an OG HA-300, the headphone cable is a Norne Drausk, and the headphones are the Atrium. I've never noticed this phenomenon while using any other amp, tube-based or otherwise.

Anyone have ideas on how this can be mitigated? A headphone cable that uses teflon shielding, maybe? I may not motivated enough to address the problem by buying yet another new headphone cable, but yea...

FWIW, aside from the above, I've never had noise issues with the HA-300 that a quick re-seating of the tubes hasn't fixed :)

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #1,737 of 6,563
Hi, noise question here.

When using dynamic driver headphones using the single-ended out, I can hear a radio station. Sometimes, it's loud enough that I can almost make out the words being spoken (!). It's just about prominent enough to interfere with quiet passages in the music. Much like when you play with an antenna (like, the intentional kind, lol), it gets better "reception" when oriented at certain angles. As luck would have it, it just so happens to be it's at its worst when I'm in my usual sitting position relative to the amp. I think it's worse at night than during the day.

I have an OG HA-300, the headphone cable is a Norne Drausk, and the headphones are the Atrium. I've never noticed this phenomenon while using any other amp, tube-based or otherwise.

Anyone have ideas on how this can be mitigated? A headphone cable that uses teflon shielding, maybe? I may not motivated enough to address the problem by buying yet another new headphone cable, but yea...

FWIW, aside from the above, I've never had noise issues with the HA-300 that a quick re-seating of the tubes hasn't fixed :)
Is your power coming thru some kind of conditioner or direct from mains?

Jul 5, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #1,739 of 6,563
Hi, noise question here.

Years ago I once listen to a local AM station in the back ground of loud buzzing while testing my home’s receptacles using a Entech noise meter , it can be a real problem tracing these grid and home electrical issues like ground loop buzz so on and so forth ,….Sure I would try shield cable‘s . Our new place is night and day different the Entech meter readings are much lower with no AM radio reception and no ground loop issues thank God .

Jul 6, 2022 at 5:05 AM Post #1,740 of 6,563
Anyone with MK2 noticed the power supply transformer's hums, this is replacement unit I received and I don't recall the first unit having this noise?
When powering on, it will start out a little loud for a brief 2-3 seconds then settled down to steady hums that it audible standing 2ft. away.
I checked all the tubes making sure in sit nice and tight and also rearrange them to see if that would help alleviate the noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back