Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
Jan 17, 2021 at 5:36 AM Post #826 of 6,317
Has there been any silent revisions? Looking to pick one up again to cure my HD800S. Its the only amp that gave me goosebumps! Once you hear a proper 300b, its hard to be satisfied with anything else.
Very true on the HD800S. There is some kind of magic or witchcraft with this pairing.

Jan 17, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #827 of 6,317
I'm very surprised that the 6SN7W metal base tube didn't work out for you, but I found it to be a massive improvement over the previous Shuguang tubes, the Psvane CV-181-TII, and the 3-hole Sylvania bad boys I had. Then again, I did managed to get a NOS pair, but even the not as new pair I auditioned from my friend sounded fantastic. Coupled with the Psvane ACME 300b, I found the on my Audeze LCD-3F headphones, I had bigger soundstage, clearer air, faster/snappier more-defined texture, sweeter midrange voice, and tighter bass. I didn't have as much boy in the midbass and bass as I'd like, but the PS Audio Stellar Audio Power Plant 3 and the Sablon Audio 2020 Panatella Reserva USB cable added that while improving everything all around. Right now, I can't even listen to the Chord Hugo TT2's stock headphone amp without feeling like I'm missing a lot of special sound when I go through the HA-300 instead.

Same thing goes for me. I can't listen to my wa22 anymore... ha300 is in another league of course. I was also surprised that I did not like the 6sn7w tubes, but like I said the new owner of those tubes will definitely like them. I'm not worried at all. I'm glad you managed to improve your sound. I think one of my biggest upgrades lately apart from the driver tubes (6F8G) is my new cable for my headphones that I ordered from Trevor. He works for norne audio, and quite recently they released the brand new silvergarde S4. I highly recommend this headphone cable to anyone, I immediately noticed a difference the day I received it. Much much better instrument separation, bigger soundstage.. the s4 is not a cheap cable but it's definitely worth it.

Did anyone roll 7N7's or 6J5'S in their HA300? I read that 7N7 is electrically fully identical to 6sn7 apart from the loctal base, and the pin out is different. I plan on getting adapters on ebay and roll some 7N7'S while they're still cheap. For 6j5 I need 4 of those, two for each socket. I'm still unsure if they could work in the ha300 even with adapters.

Jan 17, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #828 of 6,317
Same thing goes for me. I can't listen to my wa22 anymore... ha300 is in another league of course. I was also surprised that I did not like the 6sn7w tubes, but like I said the new owner of those tubes will definitely like them. I'm not worried at all. I'm glad you managed to improve your sound. I think one of my biggest upgrades lately apart from the driver tubes (6F8G) is my new cable for my headphones that I ordered from Trevor. He works for norne audio, and quite recently they released the brand new silvergarde S4. I highly recommend this headphone cable to anyone, I immediately noticed a difference the day I received it. Much much better instrument separation, bigger soundstage.. the s4 is not a cheap cable but it's definitely worth it.

Did anyone roll 7N7's or 6J5'S in their HA300? I read that 7N7 is electrically fully identical to 6sn7 apart from the loctal base, and the pin out is different. I plan on getting adapters on ebay and roll some 7N7'S while they're still cheap. For 6j5 I need 4 of those, two for each socket. I'm still unsure if they could work in the ha300 even with adapters.
I wonder if I will someday switch also to a Ha300.
Currently I don't have the space for it and I don't know if it can match the satisfaction of the Ha6a with EDM.

Maybe with some EAT 300Bs

Also +1 to Norne cables. Can't wait to receive my new load

Jan 17, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #829 of 6,317

Do you have a link for his cables? I'd like to get new cables for my Lcd-3 and my Aeon 2 closed

Jan 17, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #830 of 6,317
Jan 23, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #833 of 6,317
I just got some Psvanne CV181 and they have a static low level. Are they bad? anyone have this experience. Vendor is claiming they need warm up, but this seems no good....

I'd give it a few hours warm up and if it still there, then I would demand a replacement or refund. Happened to me before and I just returned it to the ebay seller at my expense, but I did get a refund.

Jan 23, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #834 of 6,317
20210123_032405.jpg

Was bit too excited swapping dacs and forgot to turn it off! Good thing Cayin provided 2 spares! :sweat_smile:

Jan 23, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #835 of 6,317
I just got some Psvanne CV181 and they have a static low level. Are they bad? anyone have this experience. Vendor is claiming they need warm up, but this seems no good....

I had those before and never got the static low level. Doesn't sound like a good pair

Jan 23, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #837 of 6,317
By low level I just mean it isn't super loud. Just a constant, but very audible static hiss...

Yeah, mine is dead silent. Only time I can hear anything is when I select the XLR as source and XLR out to my Audeze LCD-3 with nothing playing and the volume knob at 99 or 100%. Everything below that is dead silent.

Jan 23, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #838 of 6,317
20210123_032405.jpg

Was bit too excited swapping dacs and forgot to turn it off! Good thing Cayin provided 2 spares! :sweat_smile:

I hear there are two fuses in the HA-300. How did you access them? I know there are audiophile fuses and I wonder if they'll make a difference.

Jan 23, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #839 of 6,317
I hear there are two fuses in the HA-300. How did you access them? I know there are audiophile fuses and I wonder if they'll make a difference.
11188578.png

Just the one located there.

Yeah, those "audiofool" fuses are a big waste of money and you're just paying for the snake oil look of them. I'd rather invest more on tubes!

Jan 23, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #840 of 6,317
11188578.png

Just the one located there.

Yeah, those "audiofool" fuses are a big waste of money and you're just paying for the snake oil look of them. I'd rather invest more on tubes!
I remember looking at that. How do you open it up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back