Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
Jan 10, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #3,046 of 6,561
You may claim that it is a still a "fake" being manufactured by another tube manufacturer, but how does that manufacturer produce such a similar tube?
The same way the produce very Real looking counterfeits to popular NOS tubes.
Also, when Linlai was challenged as to the origin of those "fake" tubes (according to a person writing in that Audiogon thread), they never stated that they did not manufacture those tubes.
True, they simply don't know if it's a original from the Chinese market or some counterfeit.
And there Is nothing they would gain from thoroughly investigating it

https://linlaiglobal.com/index.php/category/buyer_beware/

These tubes could sound good
They could be originals
Or not ... you'll never know.

If that's fine for you give them a try

Jan 10, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #3,047 of 6,561
Some photos of my system)

IMG_6149.jpg

DSC03753.jpg

DSC03842 копия.jpg

Jan 10, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #3,049 of 6,561
Jan 10, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #3,050 of 6,561
Would like to hear it with the WE 300B. Elrog ER are good but to me, nothing super special.

Jan 10, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #3,051 of 6,561
Would like to hear it with the WE 300B. Elrog ER are good but to me, nothing super special.
Crazy! WE are pretty underwhelming and technically muddled but I am quite the unabashed Elrog ER/Mo and TM300B fan.

Jan 10, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #3,052 of 6,561
Crazy! WE are pretty underwhelming and technically muddled but I am quite the unabashed Elrog ER/Mo and TM300B fan.
Many do not feel that way about the WE 300B. And so much depends upon the driver.

Jan 10, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #3,053 of 6,561
Many do not feel that way about the WE 300B. And so much depends upon the driver.
Not even close for myself. I say godspeed.

Jan 10, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #3,054 of 6,561
Not even close for myself. I say godspeed.
I only have what read about the 300B WE. The Elrog are good, but to me, nothing spectacular. Maybe I will try some driver tubes with round plates again.

Jan 10, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #3,056 of 6,561
So have you actually heard both Elrogs and WE? (We pretend that Elrog TM don’t exist.)
No, I have read about them, that is the information I have. And I have the Elrog ER.

Jan 11, 2023 at 12:11 AM Post #3,057 of 6,561
It looks like your speaker has picked up some crosstalk inside the amplifier. What is the sensitivity and nominal impedance of your speaker? Technically, the amount of audible crosstalk is related to the sensitivity of your speaker, the higher the sensitivity, the more likely you'll hear crosstalk when there is multiple output path in the amplifier.
Ahhh interesting. My speakers on my desk are just KEF Q150s. Looks like they are 86 db sensitivity and 8 ohm impedance. The inconvenience of it certainly doesn't outweigh the performance and value of the amp. I love the amp. I can always get my butt up and unplug speakers.

Jan 11, 2023 at 12:14 AM Post #3,058 of 6,561
It is my understanding that the new Linlai CV181-H tube has only been produced for the Chinese market.

However, I cannot understand what it means to label any Linlai 6sn7 tube as a fake because there are apparently very few tube manufacturers in China who could produce a 6sn7 tube. It could well be that the Linlia Elite 6sn7 tubes sold in China are inferior in quality than the ones sold in the USA and Europe, but I strongly suspect that they are actually manufactured by Linlai.

There is a long Audiogon thread discussing this issue - https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/linlai-e-6sn7-tubes

It is interesting to me that although the Linlai manufacturer doesn't offer warranty for those unauthorized Linali Elite 6sn7 tubes being sold in China, they have never categorically stated that they did not manufacture those tubes.

Here is a link to those Linlai Elite 6sn7 tubes being sold in China - https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...tewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US

I can accept the fact that they are unauthorised by Linlai, but how can they be a "fake tube" manufactured by another tube company, considering the fact that there are apparently very few tube manufacturing companies in China?

Interestingly, a number of USA tube amplifier owners have purchased those tubes and have stated that they were very impressed with their sound quality.

I have ordered a pair of those Linlai Elite 6sn7 tubes out-of-curiousity just to hear how they sound compared to the NOS RCA smoked glass V231 6sn7 GT and NOS Sylvania V231 6sn7GT tubes that I have recently purchased.

Jeff.
I'm not sure if this is the same link I bought, but I got mine on Ali Express for about the same price for a matched pair. They came in that same red box. They sound fantastic. I'm really enjoying them and put them toward the top of the 6sn7s I've tried with my current system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back