Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
Sep 10, 2022 at 4:09 AM Post #2,161 of 6,642
The covid has increased the sales of our speaker home audio product line significantly, we didn't expect that, and a lot of items in our product line were sold out and our production line was in 100% capacity in the past 12+ months. Unfortunately, several products cannot be refilled promptly because of production scheduling and supply-chain delays. The HA-300MK2 was delayed for 6 months as we have all aware, and the little brother HA-6A was not much better as there was roughly 8 months period that Cayin didn't have any HA-6A in stock. That was a happy problem but was also a very tough time for everyone in Cayin. We finally decided to bite the bullet and extend our manufacturing plant by adding a new building block ASAP.

So this is Cayin as-is, a 4-story building that covers our 95% operation from R&D, production, logistics, and sales. We have a small remote office in Zhuhai city center covering corporation communication and marketing.

1662792637399.png
1662792673758.png

We have completed the project planning and tendering process of the new Cayin block. We shall move the R&D facilities to the new building and carate a new production line that is good for more demanding and delegated products. Hopefully, the new facilities will be completed by 2023, our 30th anniversary. Hopefully, our operation efficiency will be enhanced when the new facility is ready and we shall be able to serve our customers better in the long run.
1662792708975.png

1662792734061.png

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 10, 2022 at 4:12 AM Post #2,162 of 6,642
The covid has increased the sales of our speaker home audio product line significantly, we didn't expect that, and a lot of items in our product line were sold out and our production line was in 100% capacity in the past 12+ months. Unfortunately, several products cannot be refilled promptly because of production scheduling and supply-chain delays. The HA-300MK2 was delayed for 6 months as we have all aware, and the little brother HA-6A was not much better as there was roughly 8 months period that Cayin didn't have any HA-6A in stock. That was a happy problem but was also a very tough time for everyone in Cayin. We finally decided to bite the bullet and extend our manufacturing plant by adding a new building block ASAP.

So this is Cayin as-is, a 4-story building that covers our 95% operation from R&D, production, logistics, and sales. We have a small remote office in Zhuhai city center covering corporation communication and marketing.

We have completed the project planning and tendering process of the new Cayin block. We shall move the R&D facilities to the new building and carate a new production line that is good for more demanding and delegated products. Hopefully, the new facilities will be completed by 2023, our 30th anniversary. Hopefully, our operation efficiency will be enhanced when the new facility is ready and we shall be able to serve our customers better in the long run.

Wow congrats to Cayin, business is really thriving for you guys in difficult times. Hope you keep on producing amazing products for many years to come.

Sep 10, 2022 at 4:32 AM Post #2,163 of 6,642
Got two new sets of tubes for my Mk2: a pair of Takatsukis TA-300B and some Linlai Elites E-6SN7. Both are obviously a nice improvement over stock tubes although I have to admit this is prob the only amp where I thought stock tubes were more than just ok. I'm feeding the Cayin from a Holo Spring 3 KTE with preamp and for headphones I'm using Susvaras.

The Linlais have way more extension in both directions, and bring added definition, soundstage and definitely improve the bass. Whereas with stock tubes the bass was strong but not very well defined, with the Linlais it is super sculpted and it's easy to discern all bass levels and nuances. For someone like me who doesn't want to deal with the complexities of getting NOS, these are a great buy.

The Takas are also extremely nice and bring most of the above attributes, though the effect is not as pronounced as the 6SN7s, as is to be expected. The most obvious differences are a larger and better defined soundstage, also better bass, and a more pronounced treble, which I'm actually not sure I prefer. Don't get me wrong, these are amazing tubes and they are deserving of their large price, but I purchased this amp to get an impactful yet non fatiguing SET tube sound, and while the Takas add to the impactful part, they also take away from the effortlessness that is present with the stock tubes. I will give these some more time to settle and for my brain to get used to them, as I do like them overall. But if I can't get used to their relative brightness I might have to let them go and try the PSVANE Acmes, which from what I read are more in line with what I'm looking for.

Oh and both fit with the cage on, as per the pictures below.

Cheers!

11840398.jpeg
Thanks for your feedback. As a result, I'm leaning heavily towards getting a pair of those Linlai Elites E-6SN7 for my Cayin with the Elrogs 300Bs. Where did you get yours? Was it at Premium Vacuum Tubes?

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2022 at 5:58 AM Post #2,164 of 6,642

Mid-Autumn Festival is held on the full moon of the 8th month of the lunar calendar. In Chinese Culture, roundness symbolizes completeness and togetherness, therefore, the Mid-Autumn Festival is a time for friends and family to come together and appreciate the union and completeness of our life. This might be a small wish that we take for granted in the past, but COVID has taught us to treasure every moment of gathering and reunion, and we wish all our users and friend a Happy Mid-Autumn Festival.

I want to share a personal plan with all my partners and friends in HeadFi forum. I'll take a long break later this month, and this will probably last till the end of 2022. I'll stay out of the radar completely and will resurface when I feel confident that I am fit to handle my job again. @Cayin will take over my role for Cayin audio and I'll hand over my ongoing activities and responsibilities to them gradually next week. So if you need to PM me on a Cayin-related issue, please include or address your problem to @Cayin. I really enjoy my time with the HeadFi forum and am looking forward to meeting with you again after my long vacation.
Have a great break Andy! You have been so helpful to many, and it's been awesome to read through this thread and see how responsive and attentive you have been to all our questions. You will be missed and I hope your time off is a blast.

Cheers!

Sep 10, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #2,165 of 6,642
You can only fire up your speaker when your sons and wife are away? I am sure we all understand that feeling when we cannot afford a man cave in our house. The HA-300 (and MK2) is a very "delicious" speaker amplifier if pair it with a pair of sensitivity speakers. We are glad that our HA-300 has offered an extra musical experience on top of your regular headphone system. Keep it going.
Ha ha not entirely. It's just this time I have been able to remodel our living room to provide a better and more dedicated hifi listening environment without the distraction of so many sofas and such!

Sep 15, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #2,167 of 6,642
That's great those G.E.'s are working out for you!

As for some more rectifier talk and another one to keep an eye out for, I actually just finally received the first NOS 22DE4 tubes I ever purchased after a month long wait, and with what I am hearing they were worth the wait. Say hello to the Sicte 22DE4, of which I am running a full quad of and they seem to combine the incredible stage expansion of the the RCA's and the speed, impact, and detail of the Raytheon Black Plates, and they look cool as heck too.

These Sicte are NOS made in Italy from 61', and look so nice they look like they have been kept in a museum. The inner construction from tube to tube is very consistent, and the build quality looks first class. You can immediately tell upon first glance in person, these tubes were made with extreme care and high attention to detail, as even the labels are all on the same side.

20220903_045359.jpg

The tube glow from the Sicte 22DE4 is quite special as well, just like the sound. :grin:

20220903_053005.jpg

Happy Hunting, Rolling and Listening!
Hello there !
Thank you for sharing your experience on tubes rolling.
I am really new in this territory😊
My gear it’s a Spring 3>Cayin ha-300 mk2>Atrium.
After 2 months of burning in I still have a hum noise in the background when it’s no music playing with Atrium.
With other headphones like Arya(v1) it’s totally silent background without any hum noise.
Also I found Atrium punchier on my Oor+hypsos than the stock tubes.
I follow your tube rolling and luckily I found a new quad Ge 22de4 and pair of Ken-Rad vt-231. I am still waiting to be delivered.
I have in my basket a pair of Elrog 300b and a pair of 6n8s WF(RFT) , didn’t ordered them, are a bit pricey.

Sep 16, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #2,168 of 6,642
Hello there !
Thank you for sharing your experience on tubes rolling.
I am really new in this territory😊
My gear it’s a Spring 3>Cayin ha-300 mk2>Atrium.
After 2 months of burning in I still have a hum noise in the background when it’s no music playing with Atrium.
With other headphones like Arya(v1) it’s totally silent background without any hum noise.
Also I found Atrium punchier on my Oor+hypsos than the stock tubes.
I follow your tube rolling and luckily I found a new quad Ge 22de4 and pair of Ken-Rad vt-231. I am still waiting to be delivered.
I have in my basket a pair of Elrog 300b and a pair of 6n8s WF(RFT) , didn’t ordered them, are a bit pricey.
No prob and glad they were helpful!

The GE 22DE4 paired up with the Ken-Rad VT231 and stock Gold Lion 300B's is a fun ride no doubt. I think many could be happy with that combo, and call it quits. However, once you roll in the Elrog and RFT 6SN7 the increase in performance top to bottom is on a completely different level, and there is no going back for me. They are both pricey as heck, and I hate to say it but they are worth every penny once you hear what they can do. The Elrog are flat out incredible and that's no secret, but the RFT 6SN7 have just as much a positive impact, and are hands down the best 6SN7 I have ever heard. I have used RFT tubes in the past with my previous amp, and their early tubes from the 50's are some of the best tubes ever made. RFT actually bought the tooling from Telefunken back in the day and in my opinion improved on the sound by actually having killer bass as well as the magical mids and highs of the Tele's. The Germans really knew how to make some magical tubes in those early days, and RFT really had something special going on no doubt. Speaking of the Germans, I think it's kind of poetic that I would end up with a German made 300B too, and it seems they still have it going on over there now with the Elrog's.

Happy Rolling and Listening.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 5:53 AM Post #2,169 of 6,642
No prob and glad they were helpful!

The GE 22DE4 paired up with the Ken-Rad VT231 and stock Gold Lion 300B's is a fun ride no doubt. I think many could be happy with that combo, and call it quits. However, once you roll in the Elrog and RFT 6SN7 the increase in performance top to bottom is on a completely different level, and there is no going back for me. They are both pricey as heck, and I hate to say it but they are worth every penny once you hear what they can do. The Elrog are flat out incredible and that's no secret, but the RFT 6SN7 have just as much a positive impact, and are hands down the best 6SN7 I have ever heard. I have used RFT tubes in the past with my previous amp, and their early tubes from the 50's are some of the best tubes ever made. RFT actually bought the tooling from Telefunken back in the day and in my opinion improved on the sound by actually having killer bass as well as the magical mids and highs of the Tele's. The Germans really knew how to make some magical tubes in those early days, and RFT really had something special going on no doubt. Speaking of the Germans, I think it's kind of poetic that I would end up with a German made 300B too, and it seems they still have it going on over there now with the Elrog's.

Happy Rolling and Listening.
You really should try the MELZ 1578, a considerable step up from the RFT and all other 6SN7. However, yes, it is Elrog that is peerless.

Sep 16, 2022 at 6:18 AM Post #2,171 of 6,642
Looking at buying tubes from Hanoi tubes.com in Vietnam, I'm based in the UK, any one had any experiences buying from there ?
He has high prices but provides excellent service and has been selling for many years.

Sep 16, 2022 at 6:51 AM Post #2,172 of 6,642
You really should try the MELZ 1578, a considerable step up from the RFT and all other 6SN7. However, yes, it is Elrog that is peerless.
Curious, have you heard the earliest version RFT 6SN7 with welded plates and ceramic spacers? If so, I would love to know how they compare to the Melz, as that's the only 6SN7 I have not heard. I often see mention of the Melz compared to all but the RFT, so you might be one of the only people I know of that has heard both. I only know of one other person (of which is a kiler tube amp designer) who has heard both, and he preferred the RFT.

For reference, this is the version of RFT I am running pictured below.

20220907_042333.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 8:42 AM Post #2,173 of 6,642
As I wrote a few pages back I swapped stock tubes for Takatsuki 300Bs and Linlai Elites 6SN7S. While I got used to the new combo and appreciate the added refinement and clarity, I cant help but miss some of the body and bass impact that the stock tubes had over these (even if the sound was coarser). So I'm wondering, if I were to leave the Takatsukis in place, which I like, would there be a pair of 6SN7s that could give me the solidity and bass I'm missing now? The RFT 6SN7s and the Melz 1578 have been highly praised in the last few posts, would either of them do the trick?
Thanks

Sep 16, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #2,174 of 6,642
As I wrote a few pages back I swapped stock tubes for Takatsuki 300Bs and Linlai Elites 6SN7S. While I got used to the new combo and appreciate the added refinement and clarity, I cant help but miss some of the body and bass impact that the stock tubes had over these (even if the sound was coarser). So I'm wondering, if I were to leave the Takatsukis in place, which I like, would there be a pair of 6SN7s that could give me the solidity and bass I'm missing now? The RFT 6SN7s and the Melz 1578 have been highly praised in the last few posts, would either of them do the trick?
Thanks
I also have the Linlais, and from the tubes I have, I would say Kenrads VT-231 staggered plates, are by far the ones that have the hardest hitting bass.

I got the black glass variant, but from what I read, it doesn't matter, only parallel plates vs staggered construction makes a difference, apparently.

Sep 16, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #2,175 of 6,642
Thanks
I can't speak for the Melz or Takatsuki, but I can assure you the RFT's slam and have weight.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back