Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
Jul 19, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #1,876 of 6,288
Your defect is unique.

I'm waiting for you to dwell back into the Abyss. Glad you're happy with VC. Still one of my favorites. I like monkeypod the most. Drooling over the Macassar.

But it'd be lovely to have your amp running as functionally designed.
The African Blackwood hits hard like the Abyss (obviously not the same). I didn’t find this the same as the Sapele.

Well after having the Abyss two times, I’m now just in the Head Fi abyss.

I’ll try a couple of suggestions that the dealer made, but I’m philosophically against that as I shouldn’t have to put a Band-Aid on a problem that’s inherent with a component.

Jul 19, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #1,877 of 6,288
The African Blackwood hits hard like the Abyss (obviously not the same). I didn’t find this the same as the Sapele.

Well after having the Abyss two times, I’m now just in the Head Fi abyss.

I’ll try a couple of suggestions that the dealer made, but I’m philosophically against that as I shouldn’t have to put a Band-Aid on a problem that’s inherent with a component.
I can see the appeal for the harder woods.

Don't blink, don't stare.

If you can establish a temporary solution, you can identify the origin. It's very possible you have, say, a defective transformer or failed regulation, it's also very possible you have a ground fault and power variability isn't so cut and dry.

Jul 19, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #1,878 of 6,288
Well since there are others here with the same issue, I think it points to the amp. I never had this issue with any other tube amp. Also why would I hear it on the VC and not on a lower impedance ? Why would it be louder using XLR than using 4.4 mm? If the problem is external to the amp, then I should hear it all of the time with all headphones and connections.

With regards to the electrical side in my home. I ran 10 gauge Romex from the outlet to the panel and then a 20 amp breaker. The amp is the only item on the circuit. Every tube amp on this circuit has been dead quiet except for a slight hum externally from the transformers of the AR REF 75Se, which AR said was normal.

Jul 19, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #1,879 of 6,288
Well since there are others here with the same issue, I think it points to the amp. I never had this issue with any other tube amp. Also why would I hear it on the VC and not on a lower impedance ? Why would it be louder using XLR than using 4.4 mm? If the problem is external to the amp, then I should hear it all of the time with all headphones and connections.

With regards to the electrical side in my home. I ran 10 gauge Romex from the outlet to the panel and then a 20 amp breaker. The amp is the only item on the circuit. Every tube amp on this circuit has been dead quiet except for a slight hum externally from the transformers of the AR REF 75Se, which AR said was normal.
I'm unsure about the other user's circumstance.
You'd naturally pick up pollution more easily with the VC as it's the most sensitive. It's also why with Primavera, etc tube amps and former
1266 noise was not a consideration. At all.

It's easy enough to eliminate ground fault being cause and work back.

Jul 19, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #1,880 of 6,288

Is this similar to what you are hearing?

https://voca.ro/1et7cYEA6XAP

This was recorded from my headphone by putting the mic close to the earcup. It’s about 120Hz

Jul 19, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #1,881 of 6,288
I'm unsure about the other user's circumstance.
You'd naturally pick up pollution more easily with the VC as it's the most sensitive. It's also why with Primavera, etc tube amps and former
1266 noise was not a consideration. At all.

It's easy enough to eliminate ground fault being cause and work back.
What would be an easy way to eliminate ground fault?

Jul 19, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #1,882 of 6,288
Jul 19, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #1,889 of 6,288
To me, taking out noise can't be selective. I wonder what else it takes away that you don't want taken away?
It says between Friday and Monday. I wouldn't hold my breath. The USPS near me is somewhere between inept and a cluster f uck.

I also ordered the IFI Defender through Amazon and that will be hear tmw. I'll let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back