Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
Oct 15, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #1,126 of 6,242
Yes, we have revised the output transformers, so the output power will be revised as well. However we have to make sure the Focal Steller or LCD-MX4 or Denon 9200 users will also be very happy with the new HA-300. So we are working on the output power and volume control as one complete move.
I appreciate calling out specific headphones in this manner. It helps to show that the designers are not out of touch with their target audience. :)

I can corroborate from personal experience that both the D9200 and the Stellia sounded really, really good out of the HA-300.

Oct 15, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #1,127 of 6,242
I can confirm there is no benefit to drive Susvara from the HA300 speak taps. The speaker output from HA-300 delivers 8Vrms, the Low impedance XLR4 headphone output delivers 7.59Vrms, which is very close to the speaker output already. If you change to Mid impedance, the XL4 headphone output will deliver 18.17Vrms, which is more than double of the speaker taps output. Since the Susvara is rated at 60ohm, you should try the Mid impedance, it might works better. Pay special attention to the bass response, linear and articulate bass reproduction is the key factor to decide which is a better impedance setting to match with your headphone.

I didn't know you can turn the umbilical cord plugs upside down and yet screwed into the connectors.

The male / female connectors on the unbilical cord sockets have a diamond shape with 2 pins / holes at the top and bottom so you have to know the notch needs to be on the top. It’s clear in the manual, you can see the notch needs to be on top in

Anyway we have received some feedback on the very "bulky" power connectors between the Main Unit and the Power supply unit, so revise the connectors was one of the agenda during MK2 development. I have no idea whether they have identified an alternative connector for that purpose, we'll have to wait and see about that.

The umbilical cord can be fiddly to attach and detach. I have the HA-300 at the top of a stack on my desk with the power unit and the main unit side-by-side and the force required to screw and unscrew the socket can make the units slide around. I find I have to screw it in a bit and then push the plug into the socket, screw it in a bit more, the. wiggle the plug a bit further into the socket, it takes a while.

12 o'clock on low impedance for Susvara is on the low side, I remember I turned the HA-300 to 2 o'clock (at least)

I try to protect my ears. I start at 12:00 and

Oct 16, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #1,129 of 6,242
Just curious if any headfiers are at the show this weekend and able to listen to the Mk2? any initial takes on the build, looks, sound qualities?

Oct 18, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #1,130 of 6,242
Yes, definitely. Please be rest assured.

Cayin always provide detail product explanation and specification. You can take a look at our HA-300 product page HERE and expect the new MK2 amplifier will have similar if not better treatment in terms of being informative and transparency.
I think I’m going to order the MA 300 Mk2 in black when it’s available, I have solid state now however a vacuum tube driven little system is more appealing to me . I came very close to purchasing a Woo Audio WA 33 JPS edition a couple weeks ago then decided against it partly over thinking about diminishing returns on this $9000.00 plus the $3000.00 select tube upgrade owners of the standard edition of the WA 33 seemily need to have to realize just how good this amplifier can be along with another reason that turned me off about the owner and developer of JPS .

Andy I’m looking forward to ordering the MA 300 MK2 ,…

Oct 18, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #1,131 of 6,242
I think I’m going to order the MA 300 Mk2 in black when it’s available, I have solid state now however a vacuum tube driven little system is more appealing to me . I came very close to purchasing a Woo Audio WA 33 JPS edition a couple weeks ago then decided against it partly over thinking about diminishing returns on this $9000.00 plus the $3000.00 select tube upgrade owners of the standard edition of the WA 33 seemily need to have to realize just how good this amplifier can be along with another reason that turned me off about the owner and developer of JPS .

Keep us updated, whicv headphones will you be using with it?

Luckily I have no space for the Ha300 right now, that makes the decision easier.

Tonally I except it to be a little warmer and sweeter than the Woo Wa33.
However it's more affordable than even the base Version of the Woo

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #1,132 of 6,242
Keep us updated, whicv headphones will you be using with it?

Luckily I have no space for the Ha300 right now, that makes the decision easier.

Tonally I except it to be a little warmer and Sweater than the Woo Wa33.
However it's more affordable than even the base Version of the Woo
I like planer currently I use HifIman 1000SE and I like the Susvaras I once borrowed will see what 2022 has to offer in new models and updated versions of great performing headphones.
I do my listening from a lazy boy chair with my components in a solid maple stand with caster wheels and felt pads for easy mobility lots of space for something like the Cayin 300 .

Oct 18, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #1,133 of 6,242
Just curious if any headfiers are at the show this weekend and able to listen to the Mk2? any initial takes on the build, looks, sound qualities?

Yeah, I wonder about that, too!

Oct 18, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #1,134 of 6,242

Alright, you have set the hook and I will bite.

What is the other reason she thing you learned about the owner and developer of JPS?

Oct 18, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #1,135 of 6,242
Alright, you have set the hook and I will bite.

What is the other reason she thing you learned about the owner and developer of JPS?
Just a few weeks ago I strongly considered WA 33 JPS edition along with the Abyss 1266 TC as a packaged purchase , a friend forwarded a article by Headphonesty written by Trav Wilson, I never heard of this site nor Trav Wilson , the article titled The Abyss headphone controversy was published earlier this year and has recently been updated . Further to the article in the comment section you will find some not so pleasant purchase dealings with Joe the owner and developer of Abyss and JPS . Joe has not taken legal action against the publisher or the online site. Of course everyone is free to believe what they want to in the article and comment section, myself I got a whiff of some stink so here I am wanting to purchase Cayin amplifier and another brand of headphones.

Oct 26, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #1,138 of 6,242
Hi,

Two questions:

1. Price of the MK2 version already known?
2. Cayin HA-300 has good synergy with ZMF Verite?
Price is not known yet

Oct 27, 2021 at 5:44 AM Post #1,139 of 6,242
2. Cayin HA-300 has good synergy with ZMF Verite?
Spend a bit of time with this combo a few years ago in a pretty noisy environment so take my opinion with a pinch of salt. I do think its a decent pairing just not my cup of tea. A bit too rich for my liking if you will. Does have great punch though as I recall so hoping to spend more time in future shows/meets.

Oct 27, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #1,140 of 6,242
Spend a bit of time with this combo a few years ago in a pretty noisy environment so take my opinion with a pinch of salt. I do think its a decent pairing just not my cup of tea. A bit too rich for my liking if you will. Does have great punch though as I recall so hoping to spend more time in future shows/meets.
Interesting, could you elaborate on what you mean by rich? Too bloomey in the mids maybe? Or something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back