Cayin Fantasy Beryllium-plated DD IEM Worldwide Tour - Reviewers Wanted
May 25, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #46 of 70
Thank you, very excited to try these!

May 25, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #47 of 70
Can’t believe I was selected for the review tour. Big thanks to you Andy!

Jun 28, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #49 of 70
My sound synopsis before I post the review today:

From my sound synopsis, I likened the Fantasy sound to be one of the cleanest sounds with regard to clarity of the many flagships I have heard of late. Fairly close to Thummim level. But not analytic/antiseptic like many who have such a distinct clarity-driven orientation. Some flagships are so clear of note I find them antiseptic. The Fantasy is not that way.

I liken it to the kid who sits at the back of the room in class and doesn’t speak. But when he/she does you had better listen for they have taken it all in and present an honest interpretation of what they heard. Slightly less bass than I would like, and the treble can be a bit hot to me, what with my hearing; but that does not dissuade from a thoroughly satiating listen.

I like the Fantasy, and I like the price even more. As a flagship, it can hold its place among many more expensive ones, just like the Moondrop S8. Two very good affordable models, which show price should not be a determinant in a flagship alone.

Cheers.

Jun 28, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #50 of 70
Jun 29, 2021 at 3:50 AM Post #51 of 70
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 29, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #52 of 70
Several reviewers has asked about the price of the 4.4mm IEM cable included in the tour package. We have listed the cable in Cayin Aliexpresss store and you can find it HERE.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 29, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #53 of 70
Just safely got the package from @kmmbd . Fantasy/EU is in my hands now!

Jul 29, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #54 of 70
Pls reconfirm who is the next in line I need to refwd to when done, and PM me the exact postal address! Thanks in advance

Aug 16, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #55 of 70
Delivering the Fantasy to @szore today!

Aug 16, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #56 of 70
Confirming receipt of the Fantasy! Me and Icefalkon had a nice little visit!

Aug 16, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #57 of 70
Was great meeting you! See you next week!

Confirming receipt of the Fantasy! Me and Icefalkon had a nice little visit!

Aug 16, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #58 of 70
So initial impressions of the Fantasy... I didnt look at the stock cable, I put these right on my PWAudio Monile 50s, and I used the yellow spinfit tips, and it was a little hot...reading Twister6's review, he settled on Comply foams..yes, I know the baggage associated with foams, but I'm using the Audiophile foams with wax guard, and it sounds fantastic! Right now I am using the Questyle 12 DAC/amp, and the Fantasy really have surprised me...This PW cable removes any heat from the treble, and it sounds amazing... perfect sizzle on top, I hear it with high hats, etc. The mids are utterly perfect, and the bass, with the foam, sounds rock solid and great...slamming...it's got it all... I haven't processed it all yet...this is just initial gushing....everything is vivid and etched.....i guess its the berrylium driver...so tight and rich in texture....the sound stage, for me is great...

20210816_202621.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2021 at 2:15 AM Post #59 of 70
So initial impressions of the Fantasy... I didnt look at the stock cable, I put these right on my PWAudio Monile 50s, and I used the yellow spinfit tips, and it was a little hot...reading Twister6's review, he settled on Comply foams..yes, I know the baggage associated with foams, but I'm using the Audiophile foams with wax guard, and it sounds fantastic! Right now I am using the Questyle 12 DAC/amp, and the Fantasy really have surprised me...This PW cable removes any heat from the treble, and it sounds amazing... perfect sizzle on top, I hear it with high hats, etc. The mids are utterly perfect, and the bass, with the foam, sounds rock solid and great...slamming...it's got it all... I haven't processed it all yet...this is just initial gushing....everything is vivid and etched.....i guess its the berrylium driver...so tight and rich in texture....the sound stage, for me is great...

20210816_202621.jpg
You're using a cable that costs more than the iem isn't that disproportionate? Also, have you reviewed the monile cable?

Aug 17, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #60 of 70
You're using a cable that costs more than the iem isn't that disproportionate? Also, have you reviewed the monile cable?
It's not unusual to use high end cables on an IEM like this. Where is it written that the cable cannot costs more than the IEM?

I have not written a review of the Monile....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back