Cayin C9: Dual Nutube, Fully Balanced Class A/AB Portable HeadAmp
Feb 1, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #5,312 of 6,212
Thanks for the tip. I did not know yet. I was looking for something like that.

I have just looked around on the website. Sounds good at reasonable prices.

I will write Matt an email...
Have to agree with @dadracer2 here - if you're in EU, Forza is the way to go. I just received a Hybrid Noir 0.5m IC with Furutech plugs for my C9/N6ii, and I couldn't be happier. Notable upgrade from stock. Recommended!

P1100813.jpg

Feb 1, 2022 at 6:13 PM Post #5,314 of 6,212
Have to agree with @dadracer2 here - if you're in EU, Forza is the way to go. I just received a Hybrid Noir 0.5m IC with Furutech plugs for my C9/N6ii, and I couldn't be happier. Notable upgrade from stock. Recommended!

P1100813.jpg

very nice photo, really cool..... and thanks for sharing your experience.

I'll definitely check with Forza.

You also have your headphone cable from Forza? Also satisfied with it?

Do you also have experience with the Forza USB cable? I would also need one.

Feb 1, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #5,315 of 6,212
If I may ask, how does it work for you? Are you happy?
Works very well. I picked it up as it was reasonably priced but thinking I'd end up upgrading to something more expensive. Hasn't happened. Very noticeable upgrade in sound over the included cable that came with the C9.

Feb 1, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #5,316 of 6,212
Works very well. I picked it up as it was reasonably priced but thinking I'd end up upgrading to something more expensive. Hasn't happened. Very noticeable upgrade in sound over the included cable that came with the C9.
I didn't find a lot of tonal difference with the ifi 4.4 cable over the Cayin C9 standard cable but the soundstage was significantly improved. It seems like really great value when you see the pricing on some 4.4 IC cables.

Feb 1, 2022 at 9:19 PM Post #5,317 of 6,212
Hi,

I have the C9 since a few days and would like to connect it balanced with my A&K SP2K, but not via an adapter 2.5 to 4.4 but directly via interconnect cable male 2.5 to male 4.4.

Especially for the A&K I found this cable: Brise Audio Yatono mini LE 2.5 3.5 to 4.4 mm, but this is hard to get in Europe and not cheap either.

Do I need the combination 2.5/3.5 on the side of my A&K or does it also do a direct interconnect cable male 2.5 to male 4.4?

If so I have not found such an interconnect cable male 2.5 to male 4.4.

Does anyone know a good cable, not too expensive, preferably with a source of supply in Germany/Europe or who makes such a cable on order?

I hope you understand my problem. My English is not so good and have not read through the whole thread. That would take days with my English.

I would be happy if someone could help me.

Thanks
Claus
Actually, you don't need the GND from the 3.5 pole. Just 2.5 to 4.4 can work.
In my experience, when connecting the GND it has the impact that cannot judge is better/worse.
But for AK product line, line out through phone out is not the optimal way to input for C9, other device with proper lineout option is better.

Feb 2, 2022 at 12:22 AM Post #5,318 of 6,212
Hi,

I have the C9 since a few days and would like to connect it balanced with my A&K SP2K, but not via an adapter 2.5 to 4.4 but directly via interconnect cable male 2.5 to male 4.4.

Especially for the A&K I found this cable: Brise Audio Yatono mini LE 2.5 3.5 to 4.4 mm, but this is hard to get in Europe and not cheap either.

Do I need the combination 2.5/3.5 on the side of my A&K or does it also do a direct interconnect cable male 2.5 to male 4.4?

If so I have not found such an interconnect cable male 2.5 to male 4.4.

Does anyone know a good cable, not too expensive, preferably with a source of supply in Germany/Europe or who makes such a cable on order?

I hope you understand my problem. My English is not so good and have not read through the whole thread. That would take days with my English.

I would be happy if someone could help me.

Thanks
Claus
I would still recommend the use of an adapter. For two reasons. One is that if you have a short interconnect it is easy to stress the cable connection when you move either the C9 or the DAP. And 2.5mm plugs can be somewhat fragile.

The A&K adapter is rather useful as it also allows for 4.4mm IEMs should you go down that path in the future.

Feb 2, 2022 at 5:15 AM Post #5,319 of 6,212

That's very good to hear, thanks for your feedback!

You also have your headphone cable from Forza? Also satisfied with it?

We do, a bunch of them in fact. FAW is our go-to company as far as headphone cables go. Very good price-to-performance ratio and very comfy non-microphonic products (Noir) in general.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Feb 2, 2022 at 5:34 AM Post #5,320 of 6,212
Actually, you don't need the GND from the 3.5 pole. Just 2.5 to 4.4 can work.
In my experience, when connecting the GND it has the impact that cannot judge is better/worse.
But for AK product line, line out through phone out is not the optimal way to input for C9, other device with proper lineout option is better.

Thanks for your experience with GND from the 3.5 pole. It is interesting. I think it makes it easier just to get a 2.5 to 4.4.

Yes I know line out is not the best connection. I started with the SP2K 2 years ago and didn't know where it was going then. But I need/needed a powerful amplifier for my SP2K.

Feb 2, 2022 at 5:49 AM Post #5,321 of 6,212
Thanks for your experience with GND from the 3.5 pole. It is interesting. I think it makes it easier just to get a 2.5 to 4.4.

Yes I know line out is not the best connection. I started with the SP2K 2 years ago and didn't know where it was going then. But I need/needed a powerful amplifier for my SP2K.
If you want to keep the sp2k, I think you should use it as a source to output the digital signal, pair with chord TT2 for example.

As my experience, If your IC have shield, does not connecting both, connect the shield to the GND pole of the 4.4 connector only.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #5,322 of 6,212
Yes, the system illustrated above is safe AS LONG AS C9 is not being charged, only connected to the upstream DAC (R8) by analogue/audio connections. In fact, if you have the system on hand, you can try to charge C9 to validate our speculation. With you setup, the safe mode will response promptly and won't cause any damage. If you proved us wrong, you have more flexibility in using the system.
I can confirm no issues with my setup. I use the LPGT in USB/DAC mode via USB-C to a computer which charges the LPGT during USB-C use connected to the C9 not charged. I have had no issues with this. To be honest, I did use the C9 a handful of times with this setup plus being charged with no issues but stopped charging the C9 simultaneously due to the posts/recommendations in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back