Cayin C9: Dual Nutube, Fully Balanced Class A/AB Portable HeadAmp
Dec 13, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #5,116 of 6,212
I ordered a nice case for my Cayin C9 and DX300Max. Not as bulky as the peli case 1170. It is only 53mm inside height. Everything fits like a glove. I am very happy with it.

If anybody is interested: TAF case 103
Are you happy with the 300Max and C9 combo?

Dec 14, 2021 at 2:03 AM Post #5,117 of 6,212
Are you happy with the 300Max and C9 combo?
Very much so. I am not the audiophile guy, who can pinpoint the finest changes in all the audiophile terms. I only hear music and want it to sound great in my ears. The 300Max is excellent all alone, but the C9 sometimes gives the music an extra kick. Even some really cheap cans (planars under 200€) sound really good with the C9.

Am I happy? You bet i am. :gs1000smile:

Dec 14, 2021 at 2:10 AM Post #5,118 of 6,212
I tested the miter case for DAPs (see amazon):

81sDcjbdkgS._AC_SX522_.jpg

Unfortunately it is not fitting the C9 with its case by a millimeter or two in height. Without the case its a snug fit, but you can't get the C9 out of its compartment without removing the dividers. Thats a bummer, because the miter looks much nicer than the elephantcase. But i will stay with elephantcase for now. The miter case is going back.

Dec 14, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #5,119 of 6,212
I tested the miter case for DAPs (see amazon):

Unfortunately it is not fitting the C9 with its case by a millimeter or two in height. Without the case its a snug fit, but you can't get the C9 out of its compartment without removing the dividers. Thats a bummer, because the miter looks much nicer than the elephantcase. But i will stay with elephantcase for now. The miter case is going back.
Way ahead of me there. looks like i will be returning mine once it arrives and getting the indestructible one.. about half the price of the Miter as well.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #5,122 of 6,212
Finnaly I complete my setup after waiting for 4 months.
I choose "telescopic" ( connect one GND) shield implementation for my IC and I think it is OK now. Nightmare about connecting GND is gone now. Haha
FB_IMG_1639542332427.jpg

FB_IMG_1639542342380.jpg

20211127_213839.jpg

Dec 15, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #5,124 of 6,212
Finnaly I complete my setup after waiting for 4 months.
I choose "telescopic" ( connect one GND) shield implementation for my IC and I think it is OK now. Nightmare about connecting GND is gone now. Haha
FB_IMG_1639542332427.jpg
FB_IMG_1639542342380.jpg
20211127_213839.jpg
What is that IC wire?

Dec 15, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #5,125 of 6,212
i can definitely see why people want longer IC cables for the C9... unit runs rather hot, especially hot when running when the batteries are charging (obv). hot enough where i lay my LPGT to the side of it. makes a nice dual purpose hand warmer for these colder office days but yes, i will be looking into a longer IC cable... FAW likely.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #5,126 of 6,212
i can definitely see why people want longer IC cables for the C9... unit runs rather hot, especially hot when running when the batteries are charging (obv). hot enough where i lay my LPGT to the side of it. makes a nice dual purpose hand warmer for these colder office days but yes, i will be looking into a longer IC cable... FAW likely.
haha use a mini fan as passive cooling and it will be OK.

Dec 15, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #5,128 of 6,212
Qua2k

Yes, most Interconnects of quality IMO are too short.
Example, the Eletech Iliad I have (and selling because it’s short and no longer want to use it) the cable portion is just a shade over 4”, and overall length is just short of 6”.
I had several interconnects made at 12” (30.5 cm) and it’s a nice length for the cable portion of an Interconnect.
Not too long that I think it’s introducing a new variable or change in electrical resistance (changing the sound quality) due to too long of a cable, but long enough that you can position the Lotoo DAPs without having to flip the screen in the settings menu ( I use the lotoo PAW 6000, that has the same config settings as your LPGT). Also the extra length allows you to make gentler curves when positioning, and even allows you to stand up your Lotoo DAP for easier control via the touch screen and not put extra strain on connection ends.

Having an high quality interconnect does make a difference with the C9.

Sorry this is not meant to be a plug for the different Interconnects I have up for sale, but rather wanted to just confirm to you having a longer interconnect on the C9 makes a difference of usability on the C9 with the Lotoo DAPS.

Dec 16, 2021 at 2:30 AM Post #5,129 of 6,212
Qua2k

Yes, most Interconnects of quality IMO are too short.
Example, the Eletech Iliad I have (and selling because it’s short and no longer want to use it) the cable portion is just a shade over 4”, and overall length is just short of 6”.
I had several interconnects made at 12” (30.5 cm) and it’s a nice length for the cable portion of an Interconnect.
Not too long that I think it’s introducing a new variable or change in electrical resistance (changing the sound quality) due to too long of a cable, but long enough that you can position the Lotoo DAPs without having to flip the screen in the settings menu ( I use the lotoo PAW 6000, that has the same config settings as your LPGT). Also the extra length allows you to make gentler curves when positioning, and even allows you to stand up your Lotoo DAP for easier control via the touch screen and not put extra strain on connection ends.

Having an high quality interconnect does make a difference with the C9.

Sorry this is not meant to be a plug for the different Interconnects I have up for sale, but rather wanted to just confirm to you having a longer interconnect on the C9 makes a difference of usability on the C9 with the Lotoo DAPS.
Yes I certainly agree with you there. I have flipped the screen on my LPGT for easier navigation but do agree also that longer than 6" is preferable for exactly those reasons you mentioned. I love FAW and will likely get a IC made by Matt soon.

Dec 16, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #5,130 of 6,212
Just got a gently used C9 today. Loving it!! Paired with HiBy RS6 & Audeze Euclid. Considering getting the Audeze LCDi4 as well.

Gonna be using it more of a compact bedside/desktop amp to drive my iems, headphone wise I do have my decade old AKG 601 Pro & Alessandros.

My main big headphone system is Estat - HifiMan Shangri-La Jr

Attachments

• 20211216_104707.jpg
    20211216_104707.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back