Cayin C9: Dual Nutube, Fully Balanced Class A/AB Portable HeadAmp
Feb 23, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #1,531 of 6,248
Just as I though. Where did you buy 300 from ? May ask them for warranty on the whole player or the amp Module ?
From Hifi Go, I am in touch with Paul for now so hopefully he can send a replacement amp module if need be.

Feb 23, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #1,532 of 6,248
I also find the Broadway and C9 to be in the same league for driving the Diana V2. Broadway may edge C9 a slight bit in its tuning and soundstage that is done specifically with the Diana, but they are really close.
I find the Broadway sounds better than the c9 in class a non timbre mode.
the c9in class a timber/tube mode is where it is at for me! It makes my Diana’s sound so sweet.

Feb 23, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #1,533 of 6,248
Congrats and welcome to the club! :)

Eagerly waiting for my Verite Closed ATM. With your input, now I am confident that C9 and VC will sound excellent together!

As for uploading pics, can you try just drag the pic to the text input box? Alternatively, you can try use the “attached file” function right below the text input box.
OK...thank you...I appreciate it! I think you will like the VC and the C9 Amp together. ZMF also sells several different types of pads, that will allow you to somewhat tailor the sound to what you like.

Feb 23, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #1,534 of 6,248
OK...thank you...I appreciate it! I think you will like the VC and the C9 Amp together. ZMF also sells several different types of pads, that will allow you to somewhat tailor the sound to what you like.
Just got my VC today, and it sings really well with C9 in tube mode!

Feb 23, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #1,535 of 6,248
I really enjoy Diana with c9 in tube(timber) mode. the Diana’s and all the abyss’s in general are on the slightly bright side of the spectrum.
in timber mode,I find it takes the edge off,and is more musical. The c9 has more than eneough power for Diana V2’s tho not as much as
my romi bx2+,ifi Idsd sig... the xi audio broadway about the same power, but the Broadway has a wider soundstage(by a little)
while the romi bx2+ is an excellent value for the money,it is not in the same league as xi Broadway and cabin c9

Holy crap. Is that a LP6 TI and a P6 Pro? Impressions please! Ive been super curious how they stack up but there are like 0 English reviews of the LP6 TI. Also, just in general, holy hell is that the holy land of portables...... Basically the only sumit-fi source I can even think of not on that desk if the HM1000 and you have an r2r2k using the same chips....

Pure curiosity, maybe you have said elsewhere, how do you like the C9 and/or BX2+ with Susvara? TBH, I really want to pick up a pair, but I can't expect I will be able to actually power them since I am only portable.

Would you pick BX2 over C9 ? If given 2 instances, cost-performances is a factor, or Cost is no objection ? Why ?

Well posed questions!

I also find the Broadway and C9 to be in the same league for driving the Diana V2. Broadway may edge C9 a slight bit in its tuning and soundstage that is done specifically with the Diana, but they are really close.

That's really intriguing. Having a viable way to power diana V2s portable will be quite nice. You dont feel you are loosing out on dynamics going with the C9?

So,as far as cost performance,you can pick up romi bx2+ for $745.00 on Ali express. For a class A,great sounding high powered portable that does not get real hot,light as a feather,not bad battery life. Not sure any thing can touch it at this price.with my my Diana V2’s I cannot get past 1pm. past 1pm and my head will explode. The c9 to me is absolutely worth 2k. Discrete,class a,tubes,long battery life,(a lot more transportable than my xi Broadway).
when comparing bx2+ to c9 the 1st thing that sticks out to me is,bx2+ has that opamp sound vs that clean smooth discrete sound of c9.
c9 is more detailed than the romi,and the tube/timbre of c9 is the icing on the cake.
I think c9 is not over priced,nor is it under priced.just my opinion.
both are great amps

If you have a C9, do you think there is any reason to get the BX2+? This is kind of my main question right now. If I get the C9, will I still want the BX2+? Or be fine with just the C9 (running off of a P6 Pro FWIW)

EDIT: Anyone with higher end desktop tube experience mind commenting on how the nutubes compair?

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #1,537 of 6,248
Holy crap. Is that a LP6 TI *and* a P6 Pro? Impressions please! Ive been super curious how they stack up but there are like 0 English reviews of the LP6 TI. Also, just in general, holy hell is that the holy land of portables...... Basically the only sumit-fi source I can even think of not on that desk if the HM1000 and you have an r2r2k using the same chips....

Pure curiosity, maybe you have said elsewhere, how do you like the C9 and/or BX2+ with Susvara? TBH, I really want to pick up a pair, but I can't expect I will be able to actually power them since I am only portable.

Well posed questions!

That's really intriguing. Having a viable way to power diana V2s portable will be quite nice. You dont feel you are loosing out on dynamics going with the C9?

If you have a C9, do you think there is any reason to get the BX2+? This is kind of my main question right now. If I get the C9, will I still want the BX2+? Or be fine with *just* the C9 (running off of a P6 Pro FWIW)

EDIT: Anyone with higher end desktop tube experience mind commenting on how the nutubes compair?
Absolutely no loss in dynamics to my ears when moving from the Broadway to C9. Sound stage and tuning are what changes somewhat to me. In SS mode V2 sounds a bit sharp, in tube mode V2 is more smooth. Broadway is the perfect balance in-between, but they are again really close.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #1,538 of 6,248
Absolutely no loss in dynamics to my ears when moving from the Broadway to C9. Sound stage and tuning are what changes somewhat to me. In SS mode V2 sounds a bit sharp, in tube mode V2 is more smooth. Broadway is the perfect balance in-between, but they are again really close.
Don’t forget that you can tune some what with interconnect and cables as well as batteries with C9 :wink:. Every little bit count

Feb 23, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #1,540 of 6,248
Don’t forget that you can tune some what with interconnect and cables as well as batteries with C9 :wink:. Every little bit count
Iliad and Plato interconnects are already on the way! :smile:

Feb 23, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #1,541 of 6,248
Feb 23, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #1,542 of 6,248
Welcome to Head-Fi and thanks for all your thoughts! And welcome to the C9 club too!
Thank you...I appreciate it! When I first saw the price of the C9 Amp I was surprised that is was $2K (as I was expecting around $1.5K or so). But after receiving it, I understand why as this is a really nice amp that can be used in multiple configurations.

Feb 23, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #1,544 of 6,248

Attachments

• 57FC3E32-1920-47B8-86FB-85EF7DBC2DBA.jpeg
    57FC3E32-1920-47B8-86FB-85EF7DBC2DBA.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #1,545 of 6,248

Users who are viewing this thread

Back