Cayin C9: Dual Nutube, Fully Balanced Class A/AB Portable HeadAmp
Mar 2, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #1,906 of 6,248
I received the mini-rack from Amazon Japan mentioned earlier on this thread. I don't yet - of course - have the C9, but here it is with the BX2 Plus. Works very nicely both as trans-portable (i.e., room to room) and desktop set-up where I'm driving both the BX2 Plus and my Sparkos Aries from the Hugo 2. Look forward to stacking the C9 in this mix when it comes.

P1090094.JPGP1090101 (2).JPGP1090103 (2).JPG
20210302_211251.jpg

I have also received mine today but I just installed 2 layers to accommodate my DAP and C9. In case you do not know, you can peel off the protective sheets on both sides of the separators to make it fully transparent.

Mar 2, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #1,907 of 6,248
20210302_211251.jpg
I have also received mine today but I just installed 2 layers to accommodate my DAP and C9. In case you do not know, you can peel off the protective sheets on both sides of the separators to make it fully transparent.
Nice.

Mar 2, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #1,908 of 6,248
How many of you guys put your DAPs on top of the C9 (tube window) like @twister6 ? Won't that overheat your players?

R8 is already quite warm (almost hot) attached on the undercarriage in Class AB transistor, balanced.

That's not how I use it :wink: It was only for the picture. I usually have it on my desk, side by side, while I'm working. And since I have it in Low Gain and Class AB, it doesn't get too hot. Maybe warm, but not hot.

Mar 2, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #1,911 of 6,248
for a moment , I thought this isn’t the C9 thread , until I scroll up to read the title. Your questions is better asked in BX2 and Susvara thread instead

Those threads probably fit the question more, but only this thread has a pic of someone running a susvara off of a bx2+ (and the user isn't active in either other thread)

Mar 2, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #1,912 of 6,248
20210302_211251.jpg

Where are you getting these high quality interconnects?
I'm looking at iFi's 4.4 interconnect, but if there's a better option I'm always open to that.

Mar 2, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #1,913 of 6,248
I'm looking at iFi's 4.4 interconnect, but if there's a better option I'm always open to that.
Eletech is launching their interconnects. You can PM @Eric Chong for more details. I should receive mine in these two weeks.

Mar 2, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #1,914 of 6,248
Mar 2, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #1,915 of 6,248
Plussound do excellent high end interconnects.

Mar 2, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #1,916 of 6,248
Eletech is launching their interconnects. You can PM @Eric Chong for more details. I should receive mine in these two weeks.

Ditto! Waiting for one from Eric as well. Also, the trick here is not just interconnect of L+/L-/R+/R- but also a separate ground connection between TRRRS 4.4mm plugs. A lot of the times when you see 4 wire IC cables it could mean that ground will not be connected between plugs, while some partition it with a separate GND connection.

Mar 2, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #1,917 of 6,248
Ditto! Waiting for one from Eric as well. Also, the trick here is not just interconnect of L+/L-/R+/R- but also a separate ground connection between TRRRS 4.4mm plugs. A lot of the times when you see 4 wire IC cables it could mean that ground will not be connected between plugs, while some partition it with a separate GND connection.
Same here, I inquired about the added ground option but decided to go with the traditional setup (L+/L-/R+/R-) since only my WM1Z is able to utilize it.

@Andykong - Does the C9 utilize the 5th pole?

Mar 2, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #1,918 of 6,248
the WM1Z doesn’t use any ground for a reason :wink:.

Stock 4.4 Ic has no ground connected. There are also high end system that don’t use shielding for a reason. However, it will come down to the personal preferences. If you hear the differences ? What do You prefer ?

I personally prefer (Non ground, Non shielded) on these Interconnect, even heapdhones cables....unless it is longer than 50ft

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #1,919 of 6,248
the WM1Z doesn’t use any ground for a reason :wink:.

Stock 4.4 Ic has no ground connected. There are also high end system that don’t use shielding for a reason. However, it will come down to the personal preferences. If you hear the differences ? What do You prefer ?

I personally prefer (Non ground, Non shielded) on these Interconnect, even heapdhones cables....unless it is longer than 50ft

Wait a minute, DIY interconnect cable aficionado such as yourself uses ICs without proper grounding? Vince, I'm going to report you to head-fi sound science police, man! :D But seriously, I'm really curious about it because I heard that Eletech (@Eric Chong ) will be using 6W cables for this IC to have a proper TRRRS to TRRRS connection.

Mar 2, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #1,920 of 6,248
LOL!! Even those sciences police won’t be able to change my mind. Technically speaking, balanced connections with inverted phases can already cancel out the voltage differences between 2 polarities. The inverted phases with twisted braiding geometry can already cancel it in a short distances. There is no reasons to use shielded version for any of these cables unless it is 50ft in length.

My decision to not use shielded cables is just because my hearings prefer the non shielded versions :wink:...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back