Cayin C5 Complaints
Dec 26, 2021 at 5:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

therock003

100+ Head-Fier
I got this like three years back and although it is supposed to be a good quality per budget option i find many things that annoy me. Mainly

-No USB or any modern port, all micro USB ports.

-Since all ports are micro you are confused on which cable goes where. It’s not a blind operation. You have to take a peak so as not to connect something to where it is not supposed to go. You also have to be mindful on if you want the dac or the charge option of the micro USB port and have to flip a switch

-Since usb out is a micro port and not a regularly human USB male port you have to use weird cable and converters. For example my phone has usbc. So i either have to get a microusb-usbc cable, or use a usb male to usb micro, connect micro to dac an use an otg adapter on the usb male part. Instead of using the common usb male to usbc cable we now use everywhere

-Ports on opposite sides

On one side you have line in and headphone out jacks and on other the 2x micro usb. This means you can’t have this on a pocket since cables come out from all sides no matter what setup you have

-Charging takes ages, i literally mean forever

-No easy on and off switch, you just rotate a dial to open, and you are always get confused from which is left to right depending on how you hold it

It’s almost like a toy, you never get used to it and you always have to fiddle around with it

These are the one that came up without having to think at all. Anyway i hear a new C6 came out don’t know if and how better it is, or if there is anything better at the 200 Euro category. Although I’ve spent 220 euros on it, and haven’t really used it this much due to all this quirks and I don’t want to feel as though I’ve wasted all that money.

Dec 26, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #2 of 3
One question: What is a Chain C5?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back