Cavalli EHHA Embedded Hybrid Headphone Amp
Apr 24, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #1,472 of 1,823
^^ thats just COLD man..we need to change that soon
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #1,475 of 1,823
Hey I think I found the problem with the BOM. The one Jeff sent me has r5 and r7 as 47.5 K ohms and the one on Cavalli audio is 47.5 ohms
frown.gif
... Should have verified... Thanks for the help I hope this would solve my issues. Liwei also had the same voltages so I had PMed him too that got me rechecking against Cavalli audio.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ am thinking you mean pin1 and pin6.

Those voltages seem to be around the right ballpark..you need to have about 2.5V less than rail on the plates of the tubes..so its alright. The voltage across the resistors is definitely off by 0.3-0.4Volts.

WE'll worry about this later.

Try going through the rest of the setup and see what you come up with.

Apr 25, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #1,478 of 1,823
Quote:

Originally Posted by aloksatoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey I think I found the problem with the BOM. The one Jeff sent me has r5 and r7 as 47.5 K ohms and the one on Cavalli audio is 47.5 ohms
frown.gif
... Should have verified... Thanks for the help I hope this would solve my issues. Liwei also had the same voltages so I had PMed him too that got me rechecking against Cavalli audio.

This will definitely mess up the amp. In fact, it will hardly work at all with 47k5 resistors. Your amps, if they make noise, must sound like crap.
smily_headphones1.gif

Maybe everyone should check this.

Apr 25, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #1,483 of 1,823
Thanks Erwin!

Another query, I’m wanting to chassis mount the tubes, to do so I’ll need to run a short length of cable. Would there be any foreseeable problem doing this? Cable length would need to be around 80mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back