Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
May 4, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #1,966 of 2,966

This all comes down to source volume. IIRC, Scan's Stoner Acoustics DAC has about 50% more output voltage (like 4.5V or so, compared to Mojo's 3V line level). FWIW, 4.5V is a crazy high source level. 

As you know the Mojo line level out is for all intents and purpose adjustable, I prefer a lower level: 1.9v out, when feeding the LC.

MBP → SDragon → Mojo → AQ Sky → LC → HD 800S (WW Platinum)

May 4, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #1,967 of 2,966
As you know the Mojo line level out is for all intents and purpose adjustable, I prefer a lower level: 1.9v out, when feeding the LC.

MBP → SDragon → Mojo → AQ Sky → LC → HD 800S (WW Platinum)

Yup

May 4, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #1,968 of 2,966
I sold my LC Gen 1 simply because I could not enjoy my lower impedance/efficient HPs due to the known hum. I experienced said him with my Focal Spirit Pros, B&O H6s, B&W P5.2, etc. So I'm glad they have come out with 2nd gen with a quiet power supply. As much as I enjoy my balanced headphones, I would like to enjoy my single ended ones as well; maybe even iems too. So am looking forward to this Upgrade of the LC for $200.00. I hope it'll be worth it.

May 4, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #1,969 of 2,966
My LC was from the first batch. The SE output had a big hum at volume. I contacted Alex Cavalli who had me send mine in. He had it for only two days and sent it back. It no longer hums. I was only told that mine was 'modded'. I do not think a new power supply was put in. I'm very happy with the result. I think a better power supply could result in sonic benefits. So could the nicer power cable now included.

May 4, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #1,970 of 2,966
My LC was from the first batch. The SE output had a big hum at volume. I contacted Alex Cavalli who had me send mine in. He had it for only two days and sent it back. It no longer hums. I was only told that mine was 'modded'. I do not think a new power supply was put in. I'm very happy with the result. I think a better power supply could result in sonic benefits. So could the nicer power cable now included.

Happy to hear that was resolved for you.

May 4, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #1,971 of 2,966
Very happy with the synergy of the LC with the zmf omni. The bass is very tight and controlled. The mids take the foreground more than with anything I've tried with the omni so far.

May 4, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #1,972 of 2,966
Very happy with the synergy of the LC with the zmf omni. The bass is very tight and controlled. The mids take the foreground more than with anything I've tried with the omni so far.

I hope to make the same pairing eventually.  But my needs are for a DAC first.  May I ask what DAC you use?

May 4, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #1,973 of 2,966
The nm24 from monarchy. It's a tubed multibit using the pcm1704. It's sounds amazing with both the Lyr and the LC

May 4, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #1,974 of 2,966
I sold my LC Gen 1 simply because I could not enjoy my lower impedance/efficient HPs due to the known hum. I experienced said him with my Focal Spirit Pros, B&O H6s, B&W P5.2, etc. So I'm glad they have come out with 2nd gen with a quiet power supply. As much as I enjoy my balanced headphones, I would like to enjoy my single ended ones as well; maybe even iems too. So am looking forward to this Upgrade of the LC for $200.00. I hope it'll be worth it.

My current amp has a low hiss/hum but only with my more sensitive headphones.

I was hoping the LC would solve that problem but sounds like it won't.

May 4, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #1,975 of 2,966

Listening to the Omni, mostly with the MicroZOTL, but have the balanced cables for the LC as well, will get to that one of these days...

May 4, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #1,976 of 2,966
My current amp has a low hiss/hum but only with my more sensitive headphones.

I was hoping the LC would solve that problem but sounds like it won't.

My SE 1/4 output now has a black background just like the balanced output. Mine was easily adjusted. The new amps have a better power supply. Contact Cavalli if you are having an issue and allow him to rectify it.

May 5, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #1,977 of 2,966
I am secretly hoping the new power supply and general parts/process review might result in slightly stronger bass but I will never know the difference anyways... I will be very happy to just have a solid amp that lives up to the past reviews/feedback and performs free of any defects.

LAST DAY TO ORDER!

I jumped on the bus yesterday, now the waiting begins :)

Going to see if I can raise some extra bucks for a new headphone or two while I pass the time.

May 5, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #1,978 of 2,966
  I am secretly hoping the new power supply and general parts/process review might result in slightly stronger bass but I will never know the difference anyways... I will be very happy to just have a solid amp that lives up to the past reviews/feedback and performs free of any defects.

LAST DAY TO ORDER!

Going to see if I can raise some extra bucks for a new headphone or two while I pass the time.

Congrats.  I think you will be very pleased.

May 5, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #1,979 of 2,966
  LAST DAY TO ORDER!

Jumped on the bus on the last day! Just checking to see what the buzz is over here. I'm giddy with anticipation.

Can't wait for the day I get to pull on the t-shirt and wire up the new box. :)

May 5, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #1,980 of 2,966

Jumped on the bus on the last day! Just checking to see what the buzz is over here. I'm giddy with anticipation.

Can't wait for the day I get to pull on the t-shirt and wire up the new box. :)

Congrats! It's a killer amp. I jumped on late in the first run (#448/500), and I'm really glad I did. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back