Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
May 11, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #1,997 of 2,966
  Hi guys, I would just like to ask for any suggestions regarding the best cable to use in connecting the Hugo to the LC? :)

@Hansotek got an Audioquest Big Sur interconnect to use with his Mojo and it's pretty decent.  I guess it's the cheapest one they make with their top-of-the-line copper.  You can swap between it and a cheap cable and hear the improvement.

May 11, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #1,998 of 2,966
Originally Posted by Stillhart /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@Hansotek got an Audioquest Big Sur interconnect to use with his Mojo and it's pretty decent.  I guess it's the cheapest one they make with their top-of-the-line copper.  You can swap between it and a cheap cable and hear the improvement.

Hey Stillhart,

What's your opinion on the pairing between the HD700 and the LC? 

May 11, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #1,999 of 2,966
@Hansotek
 got an Audioquest Big Sur interconnect to use with his Mojo and it's pretty decent.  I guess it's the cheapest one they make with their top-of-the-line copper.  You can swap between it and a cheap cable and hear the improvement.

Yeah, pretty compelling differences when I A/B'ed that cable with the Monoprice. I'd say the Big Sur really changed my whole mindset on cables. In comparison, the generic cable had a bunch of weird little spots where it would be sort of "pinched", harsh, sibilant or poorly separated. The Big Sur felt easy and musical in comparison.

Mind you, these differences are not night and day. They are subtle, but noticeable. And they become more noticeable as you scale up surrounding gear.

If you are looking for something that is solid, but at a lower price point than the Big Sur, I also think the Wireworld Luna is quite good.

May 11, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #2,000 of 2,966
How does the LC compare to the iCAN SE pairing with the HD800, using only single ended non-balanced output? Also, how does it compare to the BH Crack w/ speedball using TS5998 and CBS/Hytron 5814A tubes?

May 11, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #2,001 of 2,966
Yeah, pretty compelling differences when I A/B'ed that cable with the Monoprice. I'd say the Big Sur really changed my whole mindset on cables. In comparison, the generic cable had a bunch of weird little spots where it would be sort of "pinched", harsh, sibilant or poorly separated. The Big Sur felt easy and musical in comparison.

Mind you, these differences are not night and day. They are subtle, but noticeable. And they become more noticeable as you scale up surrounding gear.

If you are looking for something that is solid, but at a lower price point than the Big Sur, I also think the Wireworld Luna is quite good.

Does the Luna come in a 3.5mm to RCA design? I've only seen RCA to RCA.

May 11, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #2,002 of 2,966
  Hi guys, I would just like to ask for any suggestions regarding the best cable to use in connecting the Hugo to the LC? :)

I've been real happy with these Forza's.  Bought them from a fellow Head-fier, but I do know they are a silver/copper hybrid.

May 11, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #2,005 of 2,966
Thank you for the recommendations! :thumbsup_tone2::smiley:

Would an rca to rca be better than the rca to 3.5mm?

Presumably. AxelCloris was asking because he and I both have the Mojo, which is 3.5mm only.

May 11, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #2,008 of 2,966

Hey Stillhart,

I haven't heard the pairing, sorry.  I sold the HD700 well before I got the LC.  However, I suspect it will pair about as well as the HD700 pairs with anything (meaning if you can deal with the treble peak, it'll sound quite good otherwise!).  This guess is based on how well the LC paird with the HD800.

This is the first thing that comes to mind any time someone uses that word like that.  

May 12, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #2,010 of 2,966

Hey Stillhart,

I'm not Stillhart, but I do have the HD700 and the LC.

In short, it's a pretty good combo. Not the widest soundstage I've heard out of the HD700 (though with this pairing it's still pretty wide) but very deep, and very much allows the HD700 to show off its imaging and layering capabilities. I think the LC does a good job of making the HD700 sound not as fatiguing, but the LC is neutral enough that if you're really sensitive to treble this won't entirely help the headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back