Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
Feb 16, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #1,546 of 2,966
@warrenpchi

You're going to refresh the entire lineup of Cavalli amps right?

Yes.  
smile.gif

@warrenpchi

Could you give us a hint where Cavalli Audio are heading in the future?

I really wish I could.  
redface.gif
  But beyond the known fact that the Liquid Spark portable is coming soon, I really don't want to say too much right now.  It raises expectations with specific details that may or may not make it into the final products, and that's a bad thing.  That said, I can tell you guys what will not happen...

We will not be releasing successors, for any of our current amps, until - at the very earliest - the Spring of 2017.  And even then, I wouldn't necessarily call them successors as there's going to be a re-alignment of products within our line-up.  This is why I'm encouraging everybody to consider getting in on our final production batches of Crimsons, Glasses, Golds and Lightnings.  These are known quantities, and if you've heard one and liked it, well... just something to consider is all.

We're leaving the ordering period open until the close of AXPONA, so that every body who attends CanJam SoCal 2016 and Ear Gear Expo (at AXPONA 2016) will get a chance to squeeze in a final audition before making a decision.  
smile.gif

Okay fine, I'll give you a little hint.  We are thinking about bringing a very raw prototype to CanJam SoCal for private auditions by appointment only.  If we do end up doing that, I'll post about it in the CanJam SoCal thread.  

@warrenpchi

LC really sold me on Cavalli sound - I certainly want to upgrade to higher tier Cavalli amps in the future.

Hopefully, with the LC loyalty/upgrade discount, you'll be able to!  
wink.gif

New website looking good.

Thanks!  
smile.gif

Folks......did a little review of the Cavali.....apologies, I don't do video reviews so it's a bit amateurish!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJt_o0wWoLI

Thanks for that!  You were honest, and spoke your mind, what more could anyone ask for?  
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 16, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #1,547 of 2,966
Warren, hoping the talks earlier in the thread from Dr. Cavalli about the DAC happens. Personally the top tier cavalli amp can wait but a Cavalli DAC would be a cherry on freaking awesome ice cream. If something remotely happening in that direction just let me know and im willing to wait.

Feb 16, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #1,548 of 2,966
Warren, hoping the talks earlier in the thread from Dr. Cavalli about the DAC happens. Personally the top tier cavalli amp can wait but a Cavalli DAC would be a cherry on freaking awesome ice cream. If something remotely happening in that direction just let me know and im willing to wait.

+1. It would even be helpful to hear Alex's thoughts on DAC design in general, vis-a-vis R2R and the approach Chord has taken (i.e. Mojo).

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #1,549 of 2,966

Yes.  
smile.gif

I really wish I could.  
redface.gif
  But beyond the known fact that the Liquid Spark portable is coming soon, I really don't want to say too much right now.  It raises expectations with specific details that may or may not make it into the final products, and that's a bad thing.  That said, I can tell you guys what will not happen...

We will not be releasing successors, for any of our current amps, until - at the very earliest - the Spring of 2017.  And even then, I wouldn't necessarily call them successors as there's going to be a re-alignment of products within our line-up.  This is why I'm encouraging everybody to consider getting in on our final production batches of Crimsons, Glasses, Golds and Lightnings.  These are known quantities, and if you've heard one and liked it, well... just something to consider is all.

We're leaving the ordering period open until the close of AXPONA, so that every body who attends CanJam SoCal 2016 and Ear Gear Expo (at AXPONA 2016) will get a chance to squeeze in a final audition before making a decision.  
smile.gif

Okay fine, I'll give you a little hint.  We are thinking about bringing a very raw prototype to CanJam SoCal for private auditions by appointment only.  If we do end up doing that, I'll post about it in the CanJam SoCal thread.  

Hopefully, with the LC loyalty/upgrade discount, you'll be able to!  
wink.gif

Thanks!  
smile.gif

Thanks for that!  You were honest, and spoke your mind, what more could anyone ask for?  
bigsmile_face.gif

Warren, it deeply saddens me that i am unable to have my hands on the Liquid Carbon. I have a brief chance of auditioning it with Ether C coupled with Mojo, and it was beyond words what Cavalli has achieved here in its price range. I am disgruntled that this happened on the brief period during my absence for college, i was so focused that i withdraw myself from any hobbies that i might have until i graduated. I am sure i spoke for many, please do hear the pleas of your loving and loyal customers.

Make another batch of Liquid Carbon available. I implore you. *sob

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #1,552 of 2,966
Make another batch of Liquid Carbon available. I implore you. *sob

Dude, there's one for sale right now in the forums.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/799379/fs-cavalli-liquid-carbon

Mint condition Liquid Carbon + transferable lifetime warranty = just as good! I bought mine from the for sale section as well a number of weeks ago, and have seen a number since. If you really want one, and have a little patience (much less than it would take to wait for another production run) you can absolutely get one :)

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #1,553 of 2,966
  It seems he is unwilling to make sale for me due to my location, which is Indonesia. I have connection in the states which can make purchases for me usually, but the seller had opted not to reply to my messages, so, that's that...

Oh well, maybe next time...

Feb 26, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #1,556 of 2,966
Since there's a hum/buzz noise out of the SE output, would a RSA/4pin XLR-to-6.35 mm converter plug fix the problem since the balanced outputs are clean?

Feb 26, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #1,558 of 2,966
Since there's a hum/buzz noise out of the SE output, would a RSA/4pin XLR-to-[COLOR=252525]6.35 mm converter plug fix the problem since the balanced outputs are clean?[/COLOR]

Never. Ever. Feed a single ended headphone from a balanced output. Ever.

Feb 26, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #1,559 of 2,966

Do not do this. Please, don't.

Never. Ever. Feed a single ended headphone from a balanced output. Ever.

LOL Loud and clear. But that would mean there's a legit reason for RMA here, no? From what I've read in this thread this buzz/hum noise occurs even on 32ohm heaphones.

Feb 26, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #1,560 of 2,966
LOL Loud and clear. But that would mean there's a legit reason for RMA here, no? From what I've read in this thread this buzz/hum noise occurs even on 32ohm heaphones.

I think that this buzz/hum is a well known issue with this the SE output into <32ohms. It has been a huge annoyance for me. I own so many headphones that are under 32ohms and I can detect this hum with all of them even in lo gain.The HP's that I use that I can detect this sound with are the Focal Spirit Pro, B&O H6, Phiaton MS500, VModa M100, Cardas EM5813, and Noble Savant. With my 62ohm AKG K712&K702 Annies and MrSpeakers Alpha Dogs no hum detected. Oddly enough I get a completely black background with my 32ohm Grado RS1i. I have a thicker medical grade power cable powering the LC and the buzz does not change with the source being connected or not and becomes more apparent after the LC has warmed up. I get no hum from my Schiit Asgard 2 which cost me substantially less money. So I guess I will just be sure my next headphone will have to be balanced to compliment my Alpha Dog which I purchased specifically for the LC with a Bal. termination. If this hum/buzz issue is something that can be remedied by sending the LC back and paying a fee to correct or lower the amps overall gain; I would gladly do it instantly. CEntrance offered a factory modification on the HiFiM8 Dac/Amp that lowered the overall gain level but allowed for the amp section to be totally black with virtually any impedance. I'm thinking that I will just have to buy the Liquid Spark for my SE low impedance cans/iems and hope that it has a black background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back