Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
Jan 5, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #1,066 of 2,966

Wind-what?  :p

OK for $39.99 I'll give it a try and report back.  Maybe later tonight.  Hopefully one license allows me to use it on more than one machine.

You get two machines with one license. I'm really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it! 

Jan 5, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #1,067 of 2,966
  Hi,

I got my LC today and something weird happened.
I listen to the amp for about two hours and got a buzzing/cracking noise on the right channel while using my HD800 in balanced. The noise is present even with the volume at 0.
I swapped cable and went to se and still the noise. I check to see if there is something wrong with the HD800 by plugging it in an other amp and I have no issue.
So I try the LC with my Audeze and I hear the noise.

I put it aside for around an hour, launch it again and everything is back to normal.
I proceed to put IsoTek - Full System Enhancer & Rejuvenation Disc for two run and then plug the LC to my main system again.
For a few hours, everything is fine and no I got the same buzzing/crackling noise in the right channel.

Does it happened to anyone else?

Having the same problem with the LC. Was working fine when it arrived. Thought I'd burn it in and have left the amp on since 48 hours. I can hear the clicking/buzzing/distortion on my left channel after the volume touches 11/12 o clock. Have changed the dac from DAC-19 to Chord Hugo, changed the RCA, changed headphone cables, changed headphones and went from SE to Balanced and have the same issue on the left channel with everything so I've concluded it's the amp. Turned it off and on again a few times (even during the course of making these changes) but the same problem. Going to give it a rest for a few hours and report back.

Edit: Tried with different combinations on the Gustard H10, and everything works great. So it's the LC. Let's see if letting it cool down does anything.

Jan 5, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #1,068 of 2,966
For me, the noise went away after a few hours unplugged.
Then in the last three-four days the issue came back once.
I'm waiting for a new power chord to see if this might be the issue (although I doubt it will be as I use my Taurus cable) but alex already offered me the option of returning it to him to see what the issue might be.

By pure curiosity @Jozurr, where do you live?

Jan 5, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #1,069 of 2,966
Honestly, I can't wait to get home from work and listen to my LC.

Jan 5, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #1,070 of 2,966
  For me, the noise went away after a few hours unplugged.
Then in the last three-four days the issue came back once.
I'm waiting for a new power chord to see if this might be the issue (although I doubt it will be as I use my Taurus cable) but alex already offered me the option of returning it to him to see what the issue might be.

By pure curiosity @Jozurr, where do you live?

I don't think it's the power cord for me either as I used the same one with the Gustard H10 just to have everything else in common except the amplifier.

I live in Dubai and had the LC forwarded to me from the US, so it's going to be a long and expensive process if I have to send this back and considering I've already spent good money on the shipping forwarding, I'm not liking this situation at all. Let's see how it works after a few hours. 

Jan 5, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #1,071 of 2,966
Seems like we both share the same voltage/frequency between the UAE and France.
Is there any other 230V users in this thread?

e/ Alex said to me that he will cover the shipping post, he'll probably do the same for you.

Jan 5, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #1,073 of 2,966
i hope i don't get the same problems with the channel buzzing...  

does this sound goes after 150-200 hours of burn in??

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #1,074 of 2,966
Also with Amarra the EQ for specific headphones makes a really audible difference.

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #1,075 of 2,966
Got mine today. Impressions comming 
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit/ LC and DAC-19 is putting a smile on my face.

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #1,077 of 2,966
  Got mine today. Impressions comming 
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit/ LC and DAC-19 is putting a smile on my face.

I have the LC with a new DAC-19. Phenomenal combo. Gets better each day.

Warms my heart to see so many satisfied DAC-19 + LC users.  
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #1,078 of 2,966
Warms my heart to see so many satisfied DAC-19 + LC users.  :)

Between your comments on the DAC-19 LC combo, and Amos's comments on the Liquid Carbon how could you expect less? :D

[VIDEO]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RugsJNy_nig[/VIDEO]

Jan 5, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #1,079 of 2,966
Between your comments on the DAC-19 and Amos's comments on the Liquid Carbon how could you expect less? :D

I was really liking that combo too until my LC started acting up. Hoping for things to get back to normal.

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #1,080 of 2,966
@Stillhart, I am less pleased with the Dac-19/LC combo, but only because it sounds so good I bought a Liquid Crimson. I'm just settling and listening to the Crimson. The carbon is quite similar, but the Liquid Crimson is something special. Anyway my only complaint with the Dac-19 and LC is that it can cost one additional money…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back