Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
Nov 14, 2015 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2,966

Mr Rick

Headphoneus Supremus
Thought I would start a new thread specifically for impressions from new Cavalli Liquid Carbon owners.

I just received mine a few minutes ago, so no comments as of yet. I'm putting it through it's paces using my Headphone / Amp test tracks on Spotify.

Nov 14, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #2 of 2,966
My first observation:

Adding balanced cables to my HD650 and using the balanced output of the LC has given my HD650s new life. Always seemed my HD650s were a bit flat. No longer. 

Later this evening I'll try my HD800 with balanced cables out of the LC.

Nov 14, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #3 of 2,966
It looks like Mr Rick did the right thing and created a separate impressions thread. Here is a copy and paste I just posted on the original thread:

Come on guys, I can't be the only one who has one up and running. I fell asleep listening to it last night with my Fostex TH900's. The sound was balanced, had good tone, and created nice sound staging. At this price point, I think the amp is a home run. What are the rest of you hearing??

Nov 14, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #4 of 2,966
Pretty sure this thread will fill up more in a couple weeks. Nice to have one started though, thanks. I know I'll be posting impressions. :D

Nov 14, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #5 of 2,966
I am connecting the iPhone 6+ (or 4s) to Cypherlabs Theorem 720 DAC amp (via OTG cable came with CL) >> what balanced cable do you suggest to pair with LC amp? Any links to get the cables would be appreciated?

Nov 14, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #6 of 2,966
I am connecting the iPhone 6+ (or 4s) to Cypherlabs Theorem 720 DAC amp (via OTG cable came with CL) >> what balanced cable do you suggest to pair with LC amp? Any links to get the cables would be appreciated?

I won't be using anything fancy. I found these on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DF925WO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3NNC30GS1KNTB&coliid=I1IOY0DULIXKN0&psc=1

Nov 14, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #7 of 2,966
Wow, an impressions thread and it made it to 4 posts before going off topic.:xf_eek:

Nov 14, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #8 of 2,966
Wow, an impressions thread and it made it to 4 posts before going off topic.
redface.gif

Welcome to Head-Fi.
wink_face.gif

Nov 14, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #12 of 2,966

Well, I have to be able to connect the sources to LC then give the impressions after long listening session, right?

Wrong, it's an impressions thread. Lots of threads on how to connect amps and sources.

It really doesn't matter to me that much. I was just amused by how long it took.

Nov 14, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #13 of 2,966
I have one on order but am considering cancelling. I find it hard to justify when I don't know why its supposedly better than other amps.  What makes it so awesome ? I am holding of cancelling until I have some real information. If its only 5% better than what I have its not worth it. Come on guys sell me on it. I feel I got a bit caught up in the hype. I remain open minded but am camping at the bit to know why its "awesome" one other person I read said the sound is orgasmic haha but in what way.. do tell . help me make up my mind.

Nov 14, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #15 of 2,966
I have one on order but am considering cancelling. I find it hard to justify when I don't know why its supposedly better than other amps.  What makes it so awesome ? I am holding of cancelling until I have some real information. If its only 5% better than what I have its not worth it. Come on guys sell me on it. I feel I got a bit caught up in the hype. I remain open minded but am camping at the bit to know why its "awesome" one other person I read said the sound is orgasmic haha but in what way.. do tell . help me make up my mind.

TBH I really like the SQ of the LC after listening at CanJam SoCal. Dr. Alex Cavalli told me if I got the right balanced cables (Wywire balanced cables from the sources all the way to HD800 via LC) the sound will be really good. That 60 minute long listening session have impressed me enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back