Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
Jun 14, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #2,148 of 2,966
Got mine goin' again for the first time in awhile tonight.
INSANE how dynamic and musical this damn amp is...

Beyond ANY of our expectations
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #2,149 of 2,966
Owner of lucky #7 checking in:

I must say this DAC pairing with the Liquid Carbon has been giving me goosebumps for a week now.  The Musette is labeled on the front "NOS Mini DAC", but it looks like a giant compared to the tiny amp.  This is my only setup, but I could totally see this as an office or bedroom rig for some of the bigger spenders here.

Great combo for anyone considering.  Its true the Liquid Carbon is totally worth overspending a bit for its source...

Jun 17, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #2,150 of 2,966

I must say this DAC pairing with the Liquid Carbon has been giving me goosebumps for a week now.  The Musette is labeled on the front "NOS Mini DAC", but it looks like a giant compared to the tiny amp.  This is my only setup, but I could totally see this as an office or bedroom rig for some of the bigger spenders here.

Great combo for anyone considering.  Its true the Liquid Carbon is totally worth overspending a bit for its source...

+1

Jun 17, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #2,152 of 2,966

Oh, that's the Carbon 2nd batch? Does it look any different than the first batch? Can you take a pic of the feet?

Jun 17, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #2,153 of 2,966

Oh, that's the Carbon 2nd batch? Does it look any different than the first batch? Can you take a pic of the feet?

That is definitely not the 2nd batch, which hasn't been built yet.

Jun 17, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #2,155 of 2,966

Yeah, I refer to my Liquid Carbon as "Lucky #7" because of its serial number (0000007 or something like that).  Its a first run LC, as there are no second runs in the wild yet...

Oh, I see! Any idea when the 2nd batch start to ship from Austin?

There is still quite a bit of wait left for the second batch to ship.  The ordering stopped in May I believe?  And somewhere I thought I read 12 to 14 weeks from that point?  @warrenpchi would be the man to ask for an estimate, and remember it would be an estimate.  Things always can change...

Jun 17, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #2,157 of 2,966
I have both in the house (Omni a loaner for a review), great pairing imo! Listening to hi rez Dylan, "Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again", great sound. It's not my primary amp (or headphone), but they do indeed sound fine together.

Jun 17, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #2,159 of 2,966
Listening to jazz, same set up, Maria Schneider's Orchestra's CD, The Thompson Fields, rich, tuneful, involving, don't think you'll go wrong. Have to spend a good bit more to scale up, I'd say.

Cool!Tx so much for your thoughts!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back