Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
Jun 7, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #2,131 of 2,966
The whole point is that I want it for the good price. Thanks for the responses though. I do appreciate the quick help. 

Jun 12, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #2,132 of 2,966
Okay, it seems most of the people responding want the upgrade, so when will the ballot be over? When is the upgrade program going into effect? This ballot thing can go on indefinitely... Am I the only one getting impatient with it? I want my upgrade already... So end the voting and take my money now! 
smile.gif

By the way, I just acquired a Metrum Acoustics Hex DAC, which arrived last week, and pairing it with the LC produces such great magic that I have a hard time believing that any other pairing can possibly top this one, even though I know better than that, or should.  By the way, I am rocking the pair with my HD 800, and while they have brought it to its detail retrieving best, the Hd 800 is also sounding very lush, meaty, euphonic, and digging deep into regions of sub-bass where i never imagined it could ever go, especially not from reading about the characteristics that are typically linked with the HD 800 by many headfi-ers, who are more likely to call it "hyper-analytical," "peaky," and sometimes, even "sterile."   Anyway, what I'm hearing on this rig couldn't be further from "sterile!"   Suffice it to say that I  have had the  HD800 on my head for almost 12 straight hours now, listening to my collection again, without any sleep, and without being able to take the damn thing off my head (except when I want to raid my kitchen, or fridge,  or go to the bathroom). That is how damn addicting the music is now... The legendary ear-piercing treble peaks are nowhere to be found... And fatigue?  What fatigue?  Everything is sounding as smooth as butter, not to mention "airy," spacious, and natural...

There are only two cons that I am seeing here:

1. The more I listen to the LC, the more curious I become about its bigger and pricier siblings in the Cavalli line-up, and I fear for my wallet, even though I am finding it difficult to imagine in practical terms how anything can top  what I am hearing now...

2.  I am in danger of becoming a prisoner of my listening station...I have Sunday chores to do, errands to run, and sleep to catch up on...   I need help! But don't call 911 just yet!
smile.gif

Jun 12, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #2,133 of 2,966
^^^

I'm having the same issue.  I just received my Musette Friday, and I'm drawn to my headphones more and more.  The Musette is small, just not Liquid Carbon small.  And I got to say Cavalli and Metrum should be an automatic consideration of amp to DAC.

If Warren announces some sort of "send your LC in for an upgrade" program.  Its going to be hard to break this pairing up....

Jun 12, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #2,134 of 2,966
I really enjoyed the Musette when I heard it with the ZOTL and Omni.  I've been bugging @zach915m to send me a review unit (he's an authorized Metrum dealer now!) because I really want to try it on my Crimson!

That said, I may be selling my Crimson in the very near future.  I need the money to fund an upgrade purchase and I'll be falling back on the trusty LC for a little while.  Consider this an interest check to see if anyone is interested in picking up a Liquid Crimson at the RMAF discount price of $1800 (plus PP+shipping).  Shoot me a PM if so, no need to clog up this thread.

Jun 12, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #2,135 of 2,966
Yes @zach915m (ZMF Headphones) is an authorized dealer, and he's the one I got mine from.  Can't recommend sending him a PM enough.  He just hasn't updated his web site yet to reflect his Metrum offerings yet...

Jun 12, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #2,136 of 2,966
  Yes @zach915m (ZMF Headphones) is an authorized dealer, and he's the one I got mine from.  Can't recommend sending him a PM enough.  He just hasn't updated his web site yet to reflect his Metrum offerings yet...

Yeah he just moved to a new house and he's been really busy getting his operation back up and running.  He's around though and always happy to help people out.  That personal touch is what makes him a really great guy to buy from IMO.

Jun 12, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #2,137 of 2,966

Liquid Carbon Upgrade Package Interest Check

Hi guys!  :smile:

A while back, when we announced the second and final run of Liquid Carbons, some of you mentioned that you would be interested in paying the price difference between the first and second runs in order to have your Liquid Carbon 1.0 units upgraded to our newer power stage... not to mention getting in on the bonuses (AudioQuest NRG-X3 cable, Amarra Hi-Fi, and Cavalli Audio tee).

If we offered a special upgrade package that includes:
  • Liquid Carbon power stage upgrade service
  • AudioQuest NRG-X3 cable;
  • Amarra Hi-Fi software; and
  • Limited-edition Cavalli Audio tee

...and it was priced at $200, would any of y'all be up for that?

Please let me know by posting here as we'd like to see if there is any interest for that, and whether there's enough interest in making it happen production-wise.

Thanks!

P.S. - Apologies to the mods for cross-posting, but the sheer number of Liquid Carbon threads made it difficult to avoid that.  :xf_eek:  
I am interested in the upgrade as well

Jun 12, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #2,140 of 2,966
Is there any chance to pick up a new, 2nd run LC at this point or has that ship sailed?

Hit up one of the two distributors that will be selling them once they're built:  @TSAVJason on the west coast or Jim Saxton on the east coast (forget his head-fi handle).  You won't get all the bonus stuff, but you can get a new second-run LC.

Jun 12, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #2,142 of 2,966
Jun 12, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #2,143 of 2,966
Nice, thanks will do. What "bonus stuff" will be missed btw? T-shirt?

The bonuses were the t-shirt, the Audioquest NRG-X3 power cable ($99) and the Amarra Hifi product liscense ($35).

Jun 13, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #2,144 of 2,966

Yeah he just moved to a new house and he's been really busy getting his operation back up and running.  He's around though and always happy to help people out.  That personal touch is what makes him a really great guy to buy from IMO.

The order Zach placed, for my Musette, also included an order for a Pavane.  Now that Head-fier is in for a serious treat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back