Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon 2.0 - Owners Impressions
Mar 14, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #91 of 233
  If you like the LC you'll love how they pair.  The LC might be end game enough.  I've had the Elear for about three weeks so they're hardly broken in, but they handle everything I've thrown at it.  Heck, I don't think my LC is broken in yet either.  Instead of listening to whole albums like I used to, I find myself jumping around so I can listen to how this album or that album sounds, and then after a song or two, I'm off again to listen to another one.  Currently, I'm using the stock Elear SE cable, using low gain, and my LC volume is usually between 9 and 10 o'clock.  As I write this I'm listening to Bob Marley's Catch a Fire, and the LC has got the stuff.

I've only had my LC 2.0 for a couple of weeks so I doubt its broken in either.  After your raving review, I think I'll start shopping around for a the Elear.  Thank for your feedback!

Mar 14, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #92 of 233
  I've only had my LC 2.0 for a couple of weeks so I doubt its broken in either.  After your raving review, I think I'll start shopping around for a the Elear.  Thank for your feedback!

You're welcome.  I'm not sure which I was raving about, but right now I'm listening to "Burning Hell" on Joe Bonamassa's Blues Deluxe album he's smokin'.

Mar 15, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #94 of 233

I'm excited for you.  I think you'll be really pleased with how they sound.  They sound great out of the box, and they only get better as they get broken in.   I bought mine in a local audio store that I have been using for years, so I didn't have to wait.   I went in there just to listen to the Elear and wound up buying one.  Let me know what you think.

Mar 15, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #95 of 233
I purchased mine from another head-fi'er, they were "LNIB" so i'm expecting some break in time.  Apologize if you already mentioned this but are you using a balanced cable or the SE out of the LC?

Mar 15, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #96 of 233
I started with a Cardas balanced cable with my HD650, but since I got the Elear I've been using the stock SE Elear cable, which sounds pretty good.  I've since sent off the balanced cable to have it re-terminated for the Elear.  So I should have the balanced cable back in about a week.  I talked to Alex Cavalli, and he said that the LC should really be listened to with balanced cables. 

Mar 15, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #97 of 233
I've heard that the LC should be used via balanced cables, I'll need to wait a couple weeks before I get a balanced cable for the Elear.  I'm assuming that the 3.5mm should make it easy to find cable options.  

Mar 16, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #98 of 233
To answer your question, yes I think using 3.5mm instead of proprietary opens the market up. There are so many people selling balanced cables it makes my head spin,  and the dollar range is unbelievable.   From under $100 to $4000 plus.

Mar 17, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #102 of 233
Hi guys,

My liquid carbon gets here next week, I havent bought a power cord for it yet do they really make any difference?

I'm in Australia by the way so most of the US aftermarket manufacturers dont make ones for here. I'm actually confused as to why cavalli dont just ship one with it for the cost thats a joke imho.

I was thinking this one https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers-tablets/accessories/belkin/belkin-computer2m-ac-power-cable/29151/ which is only 20$

Am I going to tell any difference or is it snake oil for the most part? Seems a bit that way but if you can point me in the right direction either way I'm open ears.

Mar 17, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #103 of 233
Snake oil mostly .. remember the hundreds of feet of cable in your walls and streets ... might want to look into power conditioners with just normal power cords ... something like this made for your country (if it exists)

https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16842111282&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile-_-pla-_-UPS+Accessories-_-N82E16842111282&gclid=CL3a_5qf3dICFRuBswodLToJJA&gclsrc=aw.ds

Mar 17, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #104 of 233
you'll have to let me know how it sounds.  Did they give you an ETA when you ordered the cable?

I had to contact them to correct a typo in my delivery address.. they responded quickly with additional info that since my order was 6ft ... they were pushing to get these shorter cables out by the end of next week

Mar 17, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #105 of 233
Hi guys,

My liquid carbon gets here next week, I havent bought a power cord for it yet do they really make any difference?

I'm in Australia by the way so most of the US aftermarket manufacturers dont make ones for here. I'm actually confused as to why cavalli dont just ship one with it for the cost thats a joke imho.

I was thinking this one https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers-tablets/accessories/belkin/belkin-computer2m-ac-power-cable/29151/ which is only 20$

Am I going to tell any difference or is it snake oil for the most part? Seems a bit that way but if you can point me in the right direction either way I'm open ears.

Use your own ears, but don't go crazy. I highly recommend you compare whatever cable you are planning to get, at a low and reasonable cost, against an ordinary cable.

I will not recommend the cable I am using because it is not a reasonable cost. But I found it by using my ears, and listening to the sound from the Carbon. As always, your mileage may vary. So please use your own ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back