Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available
Oct 3, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #811 of 1,195
I thought a little bit about canceling the LC and going with a Crimson.  I got to spend almost a week with the LC a few weeks ago and was very happy with what I heard.  I have had the opportunity to listen to the Crimson on two occasions and it is clearly superior.  But the Crimson is not an end of the line amp choice for me so an intermediate stop on the way to the end of the line would just cost me extra money.  I will be happy with the LC while I chew on an end of the line decision.

Oct 3, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #812 of 1,195
Sorry, but this makes me laugh. Skipping out on it simply because it's not balanced... We've been debating that topic in the LC DAC thread for months and clearly some people just need to hear it to believe it.

Reddog, good luck with your decision. The Crimson with the Ether C and gmb/Yggy is a fantastic setup.

I don't really care about bal vs unbalanced inputs (though as far as outputs go schiit themselves say the rag was designed primarily for balanced output) but I'm using balanced interconnects with the yggy so.

I'd never disregard an amp purely because it was SE, LOL. I might start saving for a liquid gold anyway and sell the rag. honestly selling gear is a PITA though

Oct 4, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #813 of 1,195
I wanted to write about one of the best experiences I had at RMAF. Please keep in mind this was actually my first time listening to Cavelli and this was my first impressions about Cavelli Audio as a company and their products.

There are a lot of audio companies either incorrectly representing themselves or saying things that just aren't true. Cavelli Audio is not one of those companies. Please keep in mind I have never met Alex Cavelli but I have to say after meeting the guy he reminded me a lot of the Schiit team. He was very open and honest about his products and like Schiit he really cares about the audiophile community. He cares about the people he sells products to and I think that is important. Anyway after sitting down with Alex I was able to listen to the liquid carbon. I know on Head-Fi there have been some snafus with the shipping of the carbon but I assure you after listening to one you won't be disappointed. That and he created the first batch of carbons specifically to give back to the audiophile community so he has kudos from me there ($599 price point). I listened to the carbon and for the price point I have to say this is definitely worth the $600 I felt that it did a great job with detailing, delivering a clear and concise soundstage, and tight, punchy bass as it should since the technology is similar to that of their higher end products the Liquid Crimson and the Liquid Gold Balanced SS Amps.

Anyway onto what I currently thought was the best setup at show. I felt the Liquid Gold Balanced SS Amp with the Abyss 1266 setup was the best thing I heard at the show so far. On this setup I not only tested Hotel California but I also tested Dire Straits Walk of Life track. Honestly just completely amazed by the speed and clairty of the tracks and unlike other booths he was running what I believe many people listen to digitally which are 16bit/44 FLAC files (yes I am a flac guy deal with it). It honestly was the best experience talking with Alex and listening to this setup so for me a win win.

Oct 4, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #814 of 1,195
A FLAC! A FLAC! A FLAC GUY!!!

Haha!

But in all seriousness (as I'm having trouble falling asleep) I agree that Cavalli is super nice and a class act (Schiit is more crass-y than classy, but also nice). The liquid carbon is also soooooo good, that's a relief that makes waiting easier. I've read all sorts of complaints about Sennheiser HD800 faults and how it's (and all of Sennheiser's) kinda wild impedance responses make them very amp picky, but I heard an HD800 + Liquid Carbon + Audio GD DAC19 and the memory keeps me awake or dreaming. Wish tomorrow was longer, but I don't want to wear out the exhibitors, who have all universally been great and very forthcoming!

Oct 4, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #815 of 1,195
Alex is a very nice guy, he knows his stuff and he honestly cares. I could talk shop all day with him. (and I did for a good period of RMAF the last two days). 

But still, the Schiit crew is a lot of fun. I got to hang with them most of last night at an event and had a blast.

Cheers  

Oct 4, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #816 of 1,195
Liquid Crimson Gold?
First I've heard of it, but if it is a fully balanced Crimson, this is exactly what I'm looking for. Will have to do a bit of saving, sell the Carbon when I have the money saved up and buy this CCG

Oct 4, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #817 of 1,195
Liquid Crimson Gold?
First I've heard of it, but if it is a fully balanced Crimson, this is exactly what I'm looking for. Will have to do a bit of saving, sell the Carbon when I have the money saved up and buy this CCG

I think there is a "Liquid Crimson" (Listed as "All sold out") and then a "Liquid Gold" (which is pictured on the Cavalli Audio "products" page with the Abyss).  "Liquid Crimson Gold" is probably a typo...

At least no such product is listed on the Cavalli Audio "products" page...

http://www.cavalliaudio.com/index.php?p=products

If your post was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, then you may disregard my remarks.

Oct 4, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #818 of 1,195
I wanted to write about one of the best experiences I had at RMAF. Please keep in mind this was actually my first time listening to Cavelli and this was my first impressions about Cavelli Audio as a company and their products.

There are a lot of audio companies either incorrectly representing themselves or saying things that just aren't true. Cavelli Audio is not one of those companies. Please keep in mind I have never met Alex Cavelli but I have to say after meeting the guy he reminded me a lot of the Schiit team. He was very open and honest about his products and like Schiit he really cares about the audiophile community. He cares about the people he sells products to and I think that is important. Anyway after sitting down with Alex I was able to listen to the liquid carbon. I know on Head-Fi there have been some snafus with the shipping of the carbon but I assure you after listening to one you won't be disappointed. That and he created the first batch of carbons specifically to give back to the audiophile community so he has kudos from me there ($599 price point). I listened to the carbon and for the price point I have to say this is definitely worth the $600 I felt that it did a great job with detailing, delivering a clear and concise soundstage, and tight, punchy bass as it should since the technology is similar to that of their higher end products the Liquid Crimson and the Liquid Crimson Gold Balanced Amps.

Anyway onto what I currently thought was the best setup at show. I felt the Liquid Crimson Gold with the Abyss 1266 setup was the best thing I heard at the show so far. On this setup I not only tested Hotel California but I also tested Dire Straits Walk of Life track. Honestly just completely amazed by the speed and clairty of the tracks and unlike other booths he was running what I believe many people listen to digitally which are 16bit/44 FLAC files (yes I am a flac guy deal with it). It honestly was the best experience talking with Alex and listening to this setup so for me a win win.

I was actually commenting on this post where he mentions a Liquid Crimson Gold Balanced amp.

Oct 4, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #819 of 1,195
I was actually commenting on this post where he mentions a Liquid Crimson Gold Balanced amp.

Yes, I noticed you were, and it is that post I was referring to when I said the "Liquid Crimson Gold" is probably a typo.

Oct 4, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #820 of 1,195
Yes, I noticed you were, and it is that post I was referring to when I said the "Liquid Crimson Gold" is probably a typo.

The Crimson or the gold are notbalanced though. It's more than a typo.

Oct 4, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #821 of 1,195
I was just (thinking) maybe withe price drop on the single ended Crimson, a Crimson Gold may be on the way with blanaced inputs at the old regular price. I could be way out to lunch though.:)

Oct 4, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #822 of 1,195
The Crimson or the gold are notbalanced though. It's more than a typo.

The Liquid Gold is indeed balanced, and is called "Liquid Gold *Balanced* SS Amplifier" on the product page, as well as a "Fully balanced front to back, differential solid state amplifier" :

http://www.cavalliaudio.com/index.php?p=product_details&pId=9

Oct 5, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #824 of 1,195
Gold is fully balanced. Crimson is not, but has a balanced headphone connector for convenience (topology is still single-ended)

You are correct sir. I guess I keep my carbon as I need fuly balanced front to back, as i run two amps (ss and tube) from my dac. The dac has a single and a balanced output.My tube amp usesthe single out.

Oct 5, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #825 of 1,195
Yes sorry I fixed my comment I was speaking about my favorite amp/headphone combo as being the Liquid Gold Balanced SS Amp with the Abyss.  It honestly was a long day when you are critically listening to things at the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back