Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available
Oct 3, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #796 of 1,195
I'm sorry for your wallet but theres NO competition there. The Crimson is way better and at this price is a no brainer if you have the money. I'm at a show full of some of the best headphone amps money can buy and I just want to hear more Crimson...

Arg. My wallet is running away in fear lol. I must maintain control and not abuse a credit card lol. But its such a deal and imagine how it would/ will sound through the Yggdrasil. Arg I need to go take a walk before I make a spontaneous purchase lol.

Oct 3, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #797 of 1,195
Arg. My wallet is running away in fear lol. I must maintain control and not abuse a credit card lol. But its such a deal and imagine how it would/ will sound through the Yggdrasil. Arg I need to go take a walk before I make a spontaneous purchase lol.

Throw your wallet out the window and lock all doors 
biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #798 of 1,195
Oct 3, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #799 of 1,195
I want order but the cavalli website will not let me login lol.

Oct 3, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #801 of 1,195
@reddog you're insane lol. Seems you get new gear every couple of months / weeks. I don't really get why you have a GMB AND a yggy? Different rooms? I say sell the GMB and fund the Crimson with it. I'd go for a Crimson if it were balanced, myself.

Well, I'm also a college student and already have a Ragnarok too.

Oct 3, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #802 of 1,195
@reddog you're insane lol. Seems you get new gear every couple of months / weeks. I don't really get why you have a GMB AND a yggy? Different rooms? I say sell the GMB and fund the Crimson with it. I'd go for a Crimson if it were balanced, myself.

I need to set up a second headphone station to watch my mother who has dementia. My uncle is taking my MJ2 and wants the Asgard 2 for his porch. Please have a good morning. And yes I am crazy.:)

Oct 3, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #803 of 1,195
I need to set up a second headphone station to watch my mother who has dementia. My uncle is taking my MJ2 and wants the Asgard 2 for his porch. Please have a good morning. And yes I am crazy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Don't know if a headphone setup on the porch is the best idea, at least not here where it rains all the time

Oct 3, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #804 of 1,195
Don't know if a headphone setup on the porch is the best idea, at least not here where it rains all the time

His porch is screened in and is part of the house his headphone station is covered and he brings it in, when not using it.
P.s I starting to get buyer's remorse. I might cancel the order lol. I have not slept cor days and not to rational. I will sleep on it I can, then go from there. Impulse buying is stupid, especially at the price I pulled the trigger. I am a dancing fool sometimes lol.
Well night all

Oct 3, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #805 of 1,195

Sorry, but this makes me laugh. Skipping out on it simply because it's not balanced... We've been debating that topic in the LC DAC thread for months and clearly some people just need to hear it to believe it.

Reddog, good luck with your decision. The Crimson with the Ether C and gmb/Yggy is a fantastic setup.

Oct 3, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #806 of 1,195
Gotta say... I've never heard a Sennheiser HD800 before RMAF, I've heard great things about soundstage but not-so-great things about treble brightness and bass that's not enough. I got to hear an HD800 in a private room with a DAC-19 (and crazy $500 nordost cables) with no distractions except my fiancée looking at me funny, and had an Aaaaah-mazing experience listening to "Diamonds on the heels of her shoes" and Adel's "Skyfall" (which is like the unofficial test track of RMAF, it's on most of the test stations! Who sent the memo, haha!). Detailed yet smooth, so much even soundstage + wow, bass had some meat and was just enough where I liked it... I had no treble heat issues or weak bass that I've read from others, except for the funny suede-like EarPads I that are still unusual to me and fact that my fiancée commented that I've never looked more like a Cyberman.

Later, I heard the HD800 for the second time in my life on ALO's proudly overbuilt Stage-6 tube amp (if I'm recalling the name right). I browsed through their server till I found Daft Punk's excellent "Random Access Memories" album (and saw mmscott58 listen to the same a little after me!) which sounded amazing and very tactile. The ALO/Campfire audio booth guys and gals said that their stage-6 is pretty much overkill for anything, and people that complained of a strident yet thin HD800 usually are under powering it, with amps unable to manage the voltage needs along Sennheiser's wildly varying impedance curve.

Show conditions vs private room and all that caveat, the LC + DAC-19 sounded just as good and cost like 1/6th as much. DUDES! Ether and Ether C is muy bueno as well! Cavalli's stuff is really easy to love, and the wait just got a lot easier for me :)

Oct 3, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #807 of 1,195
Sorry, but this makes me laugh. Skipping out on it simply because it's not balanced... We've been debating that topic in the LC DAC thread for months and clearly some people just need to hear it to believe it.

Reddog, good luck with your decision. The Crimson with the Ether C and gmb/Yggy is a fantastic setup.

My uncle says he will buy the crimson from me. I got him into the hobby. He will order a GMB to go with the crimson. This is a win win for me bec a use he is buying a house close to me and I will be able to listen to it. I do not care if crimson is not balanced. But I have learned my lesson and no more spontaneous purchases. I hope everyone has a great time jamming out, and your cans put a big old smile on your face.:)

Oct 3, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #808 of 1,195
Stillheart,
What is the name of the DAC that Alex is using with the Liquid Gold. He told me, but I did not write it down and now just can't remember. I have pictures... but they don't show anything but a lower case r on the front.

Oct 3, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #809 of 1,195
Stillheart,
What is the name of the DAC that Alex is using with the Liquid Gold. He told me, but I did not write it down and now just can't remember. I have pictures... but they don't show anything but a lower case r on the front.

Resolution Audio Cantata.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/resolution2/1.html

Cheers

Oct 3, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #810 of 1,195
Resolution Audio Cantata.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/resolution2/1.html

Cheers

Thanks for that !
After listening to that combo with the Abyss headphones for close to 40 minutes with music I know well... all I could say was WOW! A bit out of my reach at right around $20K for all of it, but very, very impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back