Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available
Dec 25, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #1,186 of 1,195
I thought this was the standard connection arrangement for TRRS headphone jacks:

Are there different arrangements in use?

The one you show looks like the pin out for 2.5mm (AK DAPs).

Most of the 3.5 TRS/TRRS that I have seen have the pin as L(+), ring 1 is R(+), ring 2 (TRRS only) is L(-), sleeve is R(-) or common ground on TRS.

Have also seen "mic" in there on either ring 2 or sleeve depending on what standard is used (CTIA or OMTP).

So to answer your question, yes there are different ways to wire it up, you just need to know what standard applies.

Dec 25, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #1,187 of 1,195
I'm not gonna get my balanced cable for HD650 in time for LC arrival I think so should I wait using the LC or can I just use it single ended untill I get balanced cable? I plan to just use it naturally but I don't know...

Dec 25, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #1,189 of 1,195
  I'm not gonna get my balanced cable for HD650 in time for LC arrival I think so should I wait using the LC or can I just use it single ended untill I get balanced cable? I plan to just use it naturally but I don't know...

How soon before your cables arrive?

My take - it would be weird to have one side of the LC, fully burned, and then to plug in the other side once you get your cables. However what is more likely, just a couple of days usage, and not listening through SE all day (and letting it continue to burn in without the headphones, when you are not listening).

You should have no problems.

Dec 25, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #1,190 of 1,195

Remember, balanced burn-in is better than SE and you can do it without headphones. So my suggestion is to burn-in without headphones in balanced mode when not listening to it in SE. 

Dec 25, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #1,191 of 1,195
Mine is apparently stuck in limbo.  Number 1194 and was supposed to ship 12/18.  FedEx shipping notice same day that shipping info had been submitted to by Cavalli to FedEx, but a week later FedEx is still showing that they have not yet received the actual package.  Weird and disappointing.  Was hoping to have for Christmas vacation to set up, break in and enjoy.  Cavalli says this is case with several orders and they are checking in with their fulfillment center to try to figure out what is happening.  Stay tuned....

Dec 25, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #1,192 of 1,195
LOL I can't think of a less significant issue regarding audio, then a SS equipment burn in. The energy spent on this figuratively, and literally could probably power the LC for a month. :D

Dec 27, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #1,193 of 1,195
  Mine is apparently stuck in limbo.  Number 1194 and was supposed to ship 12/18.  FedEx shipping notice same day that shipping info had been submitted to by Cavalli to FedEx, but a week later FedEx is still showing that they have not yet received the actual package.  Weird and disappointing.  Was hoping to have for Christmas vacation to set up, break in and enjoy.  Cavalli says this is case with several orders and they are checking in with their fulfillment center to try to figure out what is happening.  Stay tuned....

Order 1196 status is the same here.

Dec 27, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #1,194 of 1,195
Well at least yours isn't going to a different address.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back