Caught a mouse, what to do with it?
Sep 5, 2006 at 4:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 75

Pepsione1

1000+ Head-Fier
So we spotted a mouse in the house tonight. Later in the evening we were sitting at the table, the mouse decided come out again.

So we spent two hours moving things and sealing the basement off. We chased the sucker for a good 45 mins. Finally we had him cornered and I put a bucket over it.

To confirm the catch we drilled several holes on top to see. Now the pale has 20lbs of weights sitting on it with our friend inside.

So what should I do with the mouse tomorrow? It's going to be tricky transporting or killing it. Although I do have an idea already. Feed the fella some rat poison. hehe
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 5, 2006 at 4:25 AM Post #2 of 75
well, first call pest control to see if there are more hanging about. sad to say, i'd go w/ the rat poison; you set it free, chances are that it'll come back.

Sep 5, 2006 at 5:37 AM Post #9 of 75
Put a peace of cardboard under the bucket and take it outside. Set it free a few hundred yards from your place. Peace

Sep 5, 2006 at 5:54 AM Post #11 of 75
If you are going to try to call pest control to try and get any others you have, use traps, not poison. The trap will painlessly snap its neck and it won't feel a thing. Poison will kill them a lot more slowly either by an overdose of anticoagulants which causes severe internal bleeding or by increasing the levels of calcium which forms crystals which destroy blood vessels and other organs. That's just what's on wikipedia. Poison is not a pretty way to go.

Sep 5, 2006 at 6:38 AM Post #14 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325
you could do the right thing and call animal control

but thats the californian in me talking

I'm from California and I say kill it with the method of your choice.

Sep 5, 2006 at 6:43 AM Post #15 of 75
In honor of Steve Irwin, do the right thing: find a nice place in the backyard and set it free, or go out further into the woods and let him go. Cruelty is never cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back