Cat got your tongue
Jul 5, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #16 of 32
20090625at.jpg

here's mine...he doesnt really take an interest in my room or my gear luckily...

Jul 6, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #20 of 32
I have to keep our cat 'Luke' away from the headphone rig. He is too much a fan of chewing on wires. Especially those swinging from your head!

On more than one occasion, he has attempted to make a cable mod. Usually the Grados for some odd reason. I guess he likes the ultra thick cable of the SR225i.

Anyway, no bonding while listening anymore.

jk

Jul 6, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #21 of 32
Ok here's the scoop after a bit of interrogation and a threat of only 1 feeding a day.

Me "[size=medium]Ok guys what the fxxx have you guys been up to[/size]"

Cat #1 "It wasn't me it was Laya"

Cat #2 [size=medium]" Hold on there, it was your idea that there has to be some headphones around here with all that gear laying around"[/size]

Cat #1 "Ya but you said, I'm sure they're in those boxes hidden away in storage"

Cat 2 " All right all right"

Cats "merde, but with us laying around all day we thought it would be fun to party without the neighbors getting suspicious while your away"

Me "You could have kept the volume to the stereo to a minimum"

Cats " anyway we got carried away, when we discovered there were not any Grados in the box we checked the Senn box, same thing.

Cat #1 to Cat # 2 # "ya but by then you really lost it and let it out on the AKG box"

Cat#2 [size=x-small][size=xx-small]" Ya, well at least he didn't notice that tweeter you popped in on the Dynaudio Contour while chasing a fly"[/size][/size]

Me " [size=medium]what was that[/size]"

Cats "oh crap"

Jul 6, 2009 at 8:20 AM Post #22 of 32
My husky loves iBuds. There was not one pair of iBuds (I've had 5 in total, got them with iPods and iPhones) that she hasn't chewed through. I then keep my Fabreeze around, and when my dog gets anywhere near my electronics with dangly wires I start spraying in her direction and she backs off immediately.

It took a couple of days and she learned her lesson quickly. My room smells fresh too.
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by salannelson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's why you don't get a cat..............

People never learn.

Mate's dog peed over his speakers, ran into them and toppled them over.

Jul 6, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #24 of 32
and kids are just as bad ... one of my mate's (to use the operative aussie nomenclature) kids put a slice of bologna in his cd player -- i guess if you're a kid it makes sense (it just fits perfectly)

Jul 6, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #26 of 32
My dog ate and digested the boom mic on 3 pairs of headsets - I would get on vent...WHY ISNT THIS WORKING? And then I would notice the little wires and no mic...

Kids have ruined 1 laptop completely, another 90% and a G15 keyboard...

Jul 7, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #27 of 32
I won't even go into what happened with my cat and my last set of Magnepans.....

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #30 of 32
fish FTW

when i was 3 i stuck a pencil in the VCR and did some damage
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back