Cat-Fi
Dec 24, 2009 at 6:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,382

Necrolic

1000+ Head-Fier
Somebody mentioned it in Dog-Fi, so I figured I might as well start it up. Any cat owners here on Head-Fi?

This is my Ragdoll/Himalayan cross, Dixie. Runt of the litter, she's fully grown in that and if you can't tell by the picture, she's tiny. I love her to death though.
smily_headphones1.gif

029.jpg

Dec 24, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #2 of 1,382
I don't have any pictures right now, but I am more of a cat man myself. I am not allowed to have one in my house, but my mom has plenty. They are all rescues from random a-holes dropping them off by our house.

Dec 24, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #3 of 1,382
I can't post photos from the phone, but I've got two cats. Both black and white kitties and they're sisters. I love them to pieces and am very much a cat person.

Dogs are great, but cats are endlessly quirky and have loads of personality. It's not a big deal to get a dog to love you. Winning over a cat is something entirely different. Once you do, they're incredibly affectionate.

Mine follow me around and don't pass up an opportunity to get attention.

Dec 24, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #4 of 1,382
I haven't been able to explain why I am a cat person, but I think Uncle Erik hit the nail on the head with his statement. I rarely find a dog that will not immediately like me as long as I pet it. With cats, they are contrary and their affection has to be worked for.

Dec 24, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #6 of 1,382
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Somebody mentioned it in Dog-Fi, so I figured I might as well start it up. Any cat owners here on Head-Fi?

This is my Ragdoll/Himalayan cross, Dixie. Runt of the litter, she's fully grown in that and if you can't tell by the picture, she's tiny. I love her to death though.
smily_headphones1.gif

029.jpg

I actually do NOT like cats but that is one hell of a good looking moggy.

Dec 24, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #8 of 1,382
I have two cats, Harry and Zoe. I love them to pieces! And they LOVE my record player, speakers...they use them as perches to look out the window. BRATS! But I love them regardless.

Zoe is the smaller of the two. She doesn't meow so much, as she "PRRRRRR!" (chirps) all day long. She sounds like an Imperial Space Probe! The two of them follow my partner and I around the house all the time. And they love to sleep in our bed. Harry is a big baby, and Zoe is a princess who does bad things and gets away with it, because she's so darned cute.

This pic was taken after feeding them teeny tiny pieces of catnip covered CHEESE!

harryandzoe.jpg

Zoe likes to sit like a person on the couch, LOL

zoeflop.jpg

Harry is a bit of an angry diva sometimes:

harrypissed.jpg

Dec 24, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #9 of 1,382
I don't have any pictures at the moment but we've got a himalayan as well. I'll try to get some and post them later.

Dec 24, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #10 of 1,382
Quote:

Originally Posted by punkaroo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zoe likes to sit like a person on the couch, LOL

zoeflop.jpg

HAHAHAHA!

And yeah my cat "loves" my speakers too, I've gone through 6 dustcovers since I got her.

Dec 25, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #13 of 1,382
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dogs are great, but cats are endlessly quirky and have loads of personality. It's not a big deal to get a dog to love you. Winning over a cat is something entirely different. Once you do, they're incredibly affectionate.

Mine follow me around and don't pass up an opportunity to get attention.

Uncle Eric nailed it. Feed a dog and he's your BFF. Cats, not so much. We have four at the moment. Much to our dismay, our Maine Coon, Cosmo (my avatar pic), has been diagnosed with lymphoma, as well as being FeLV positive. One of our other cats, Nicky, is also FeLV positive. The other two are negative, and are immunized, so we hope for the best.

Cosmo pics:

The day we brought him home, about five months

27684854_A3dXu-XL.jpg

130846215_69SRh-XL.jpg

Abby:

134672919_bwSMF-XL.jpg

Nicky, aka Little Guy:

Adoption pic

273562221_VNe26-XL.jpg

539065541_EdqJi-XL.jpg

Shelby:

Shelby came to us after having spent 49 weeks in a cage.
frown.gif
At first, she was mostly a loner, didn't groom at all, and had little or no contact with either us or the other cats. In the two years we've had her, she has blossomed amazingly well, and has become fairly affectionate. And she even grooms now.

539065297_GPuh5-XL.jpg

Dec 26, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #14 of 1,382
Beerguy, your cats are beautiful!

Dec 28, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #15 of 1,382
Our Holy Birman. She is a very social and friendly cat. The kids love it:

web.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back