Cast Your Votes For the European Meetup
Apr 21, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #3 of 18
Berlin - what a great place to hold the first European meet. I know a great place for fantastic beer :-D

Apr 21, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #4 of 18
How on earth did that end up being a shortlist?

Not that it matters. A Euro meet up will be held in whichever city has a group of people who get off their arses and put an event together. That is the only prerequisate. Users here saying that they all want it at the city closest to them is just the hot air.

One person or a few people in London, Berlin, Amsterdam who get the finger out and hammer an event together. And that's where it'll be. Polling a popular choice from a shortlist and then expecting someone there to get on with it is doing it backwards.

Apr 22, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #5 of 18
Duggeh,
Those were the only two places where people had already stepped up and said they would organise it if it was there, so the way I see it is those are the two options.

There is no point putting a long list of locations with no knowledge whether or not anyone can actually take it on.

Apr 22, 2010 at 8:48 AM Post #6 of 18
Either one seems just fine to me - but I put my vote for Copenhagen since there are a few members down there who are used to arrange meetings.
Hence I suspect they may be able to pull it off.
smile.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #7 of 18
EddieE, apologies. I didn't know that teams had stepped forward.

I have no preference per se between the two locations. Although from my perspective the better the ubiquity of english-speaking the better. That's also a factor if you hope to have a number of people hop the pond from North America.

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #8 of 18
I doubt that would be a problem, headfiers all speak english and both of these cities are quite international and all service personnel will also speak english.

Also, both CPH and Berlin have quite big international airports.

Apr 23, 2010 at 6:30 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I doubt that would be a problem, headfiers all speak english and both of these cities are quite international and all service personnel will also speak english.

Also, both CPH and Berlin have quite big international airports.

That is correct - for both Berlin and Copenhagen!

Apr 23, 2010 at 7:05 AM Post #10 of 18
Both work well for me but I put my vote on Copenhagen, for convenience. And the fact that the Copenhagen crew has some experience putting meets together nods in their direction.

Apr 23, 2010 at 7:21 AM Post #11 of 18
As much as I would love it to be in Copenhagen, I think Berlin would stand a better chance of attracting vendors. It's true there has been meets in Copenhagen, but this would be a different scale anyway. For a step up I think Berlin would be a fine choice.
Regarding arranging the event, basically just copy cat the CanJam 2010 setup. They have done a fantastic job as I see it.

Apr 23, 2010 at 8:44 AM Post #12 of 18
Well, I think Berlin would be best, simply becuase there are almost as many people in Berlin as in all of Denmark, and lets face it, for most people in the EU, its just as difficult to get to either Copenhagen or Berlin, so Id say go where there are more locals.

Apr 23, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #13 of 18
I think it should be in Kliplev..

And I am not saying that just because I would be able to walk..

Well maybe a little..

One of the big European producers should arrange one and show the nerds the crownjuwels, that would be cool..

I know I would travel quite far to se, how the things we love are made..

Apr 24, 2010 at 7:26 AM Post #14 of 18
I have also voted for Berlin as I have never been there and want to at some point. However Copenhagne will also be fine in which case I'll probably end up being one of the organizers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back