Casework: Share Your DIY Enclosures
May 3, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #392 of 400
Hi All, just found this topic. Awesome devices you built guys!
I thought I share my one too. It's a SE OTL and I'm about to purchase high impedance headphones.
Enclosure is made of two IKE@ Stockholm serving bowls. 6N1PE and 6S13S Russian tubes.

This is possibly the coolest case design I've seen.  I'm such a sucker for mid century modern. I'm going to have to get creative with mine now,  that's just... that's great

May 3, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #393 of 400
Thanks Guys, I'm blushing :)
(Un)fortunately, we often go to IKE@ with my wife for bits an pieces. We have a different point of view about shopping :)
It's not really headphones amp but I'm using this small DAC/preamp for feeding my amp. It has a DAC with optical in, 2x analog inputs, Bluetooth and volume control with relais (6bit, 63 step). OLED display and RC5 remote. Still hasn't been finished, some acryllic work an anodising left.

Of course, IKE@ too, it's a candle holder.
Both designed, planned, programmed and made by me. Except raw PCB for preamp, I let it make as it is too complex to have a good result with home etching.
Hope you like it too, if interested,I can put a youtube link about it.
Thanks again for nice words.
Cheers,
Dez

Jul 8, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #394 of 400
Has anyone of You tried to make enclosure out of clay (I mean proper ceramic-burned clay)? Just an idea that jumped into mind...

Oct 1, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #398 of 400
  nice. Tempered glass or acrylic?

the top is acrylic. i would have preferred glass, but with all the drilling would have been expensive. the acrylic was cheap and i could do the drilling myself. in hindsight, i would have opted for a light tint on the acrylic.  the base is a piece of 3/8" aluminum plate from work, so i have a total of $10 in the case. i will likely fab some kind of front plate and call it done

Apr 1, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #400 of 400
Hello folks, sorry it's been a while [I'm the OP]..  

I completely forgot but my imageshack account, it expired and all my images got deleted.  I managed to salvage a few photos of my DIY cases and reposted them in post #1.  

Great job with your cases guys, keep them coming -- Cheers!

-zk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back