Case for RSA Amps?
Jan 19, 2008 at 6:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

attilahun

100+ Head-Fier
OK you guys have given me the sickness. I am breaking in my new RSA Predator, awaiting the arrival of new LiveWires, just ordered the Qable Silver dock connector. Lots of gear to manage.

Has anyone found a good solution or custom case for RSA amps? Is an all in one headroom style bag just too much bulk? If we keep separate cases for ipod and amp and headphones, then they can all tuck into a briefcase, etc. Please share some thoughts! Many thanks.

Jan 19, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #2 of 9
I don't know where you are but I saw some cases that would work great at Office Depot. One had two compartments, which I am tempted to get. I already have a good case but I designed it for my portable optical CD player, CD's, and then a compartment for the dac and amp. A true walk around reference system but now I am using the H120 for my digital feed.

Jan 19, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #3 of 9
Here's a case I recently got to carry my portable setup (iRiver ihp140, Larocco PRII mkII, iBasso D1, cables).

Got this air gadget organizer at a travel store in a mall nearby.

img_6416.jpg

img_6420.jpg

img_6421.jpg

Jan 19, 2008 at 7:24 PM Post #4 of 9
John,

Would you mind sharing a picture of that bag? Room for a pcdp, D1+P2 and a few CDs?????

Where did you get the case, or did you build it yourself?

Beautiful photos, by the way. Thanks for sharing those.

Jan 19, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
John,

Would you mind sharing a picture of that bag? Room for a pcdp, D1+P2 and a few CDs?????

Where did you get the case, or did you build it yourself?

Beautiful photos, by the way. Thanks for sharing those.

It seems like I have done a little of everything in my life. I am on the road right now with all my pro camera equipment but no real time to even take images and post them. If I take out my stuff and start shooting images I would face the wrath of the person I am with. She doesn't know I spend too much time on here typing but that I can get away with.

I used to also manufacture fine leather (very fine for high end New York stores) purses besides making saddles and boots and . . anyway all I did was modify a small case I got from Target but they don't carry them any longer. It is cool though. I will try and post images some time.

And here I sit getting ready to start at an intensive care unit. Life is an odd ride at times.

Jan 20, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #7 of 9
That's very cool all in one solution. Very handy. Has anyone found a case that holds an RSA amp by itself? That would be a great accessory for Ray to offer, I would gladly pay up for a nice leather or rubber case....

Jan 20, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems like I have done a little of everything in my life. I am on the road right now with all my pro camera equipment but no real time to even take images and post them. If I take out my stuff and start shooting images I would face the wrath of the person I am with. She doesn't know I spend too much time on here typing but that I can get away with.

I used to also manufacture fine leather (very fine for high end New York stores) purses besides making saddles and boots and . . anyway all I did was modify a small case I got from Target but they don't carry them any longer. It is cool though. I will try and post images some time.

And here I sit getting ready to start at an intensive care unit. Life is an odd ride at times.

Thanks, John. You are a wise man to not take out all your gear (so to speak!) for all to see, especially "she who doesn't know"!! Life is precious!!!....as you will so soon find out in ICU. As someone who spent 14 days in one, your work will be so important and so appreciated. All the best....but keep those reviews coming if you have time.

From all I see and read, you are truly a renaissance man! I'll keep looking for that bag.

All the best,

Kiwi

Jan 21, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #9 of 9
I saw some nice little bags that would just fit an amp and something like the H120 iRiver at REI made by LowPro. They are for a digital camera. I have also seen a number of two compartment bags at Walmart but I like the LowPro one better because it has a better belt loop and would be a nice snug fit.

I have done cardiac critical care for some time but this will be neura all traumas etc etc so it will be verrrryyyy challenging and interesting. Thank you for the kind words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back