Case for PSU to match Gilmore Lite
Aug 21, 2009 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

skitlets

500+ Head-Fier
As you all know, the DPS for the Gilmore Lite is just about impossible to find now, so my friend offered to build a Sigma 22 for me. Now, the problem for me is finding an enclosure that will match the Glite. I'm pretty sure the Glite uses the Lansing MicroPak but that isn't quite large enough to house a Sigma 22. (I could always use the original Dynalo psu design, which I believe is smaller.)

Not quite sure where to source a front panel also. I've tried the FPE design tool but I'm completely new to design software. Should be relatively simple though, as I don't need anything drilled, just some engraving done to it. (What is HGPL? I saw that the AMB logo was an HGPL object) I know Par-Metal cases have an additional front panel that can be ordered through them but I've read that the quality isn't the best. I've also looked into the Hifi cases sold through Teko in the US. Teko Enclosures, Inc. - Dissipator, but I'll have to get the thicker front panel from Italy.

I've scoured hundreds of pages of threads so far and I've come across some cases that have really stood out to me. Here's a PPA case although I wouldn't need something as large. Another case which I think looks pretty sexy. One of Ferrari's builds, which I'd like in the Aluminum anodized color, not black.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? The easier to order, the better, so I hope someone recognizes where those cases are from and pray they aren't a custom size. Budget wise, I'd like to keep the case and front panel totals around $~120 shipped. Thanks for any help!

Aug 22, 2009 at 10:05 AM Post #3 of 9
Aug 22, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #6 of 9
Thanks for the help guys! I'm not particularly fond of the Hammond cases. Economical but not quite the professional look I'm going for.
The Teko cases are quite limited. The dissipator is only 1.6" high, whereas the Galaxy cases are about 3" tall. I'll see what the cost is to import cases from Italy. If it's too much, I might opt for the Lansing MicroPak and go with a smaller psu design, or go with the Par-Metal and figure out how to configure a panel with FPE. (Thanks AMB for links and the template!)

Any other suggestions are welcomed!

Aug 22, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #7 of 9
Quick question on the Galaxy front plates. Do they come plain or can I have engravings/silkscreening done by them?

Aug 23, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #8 of 9
The front panels come plain. I believe they will do machine work on them for you, but from what I recall they were quite expensive (compared to FPE for example). Note that FPE will use user-supplied material, so you could send the hifi2000 panel in to them for machining.

Aug 24, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The front panels come plain. I believe they will do machine work on them for you, but from what I recall they were quite expensive (compared to FPE for example). Note that FPE will use user-supplied material, so you could send the hifi2000 panel in to them for machining.

Thanks for the info. If Mudo is on the expensive side, I might just bring it to a local shop to have it done. I recall FPE charging a fee for user-supplied materials which puts it close to simply ordering the panel itself from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back