Case-fi: Reccomend me a case for my D40 and MBP
Jul 16, 2008 at 7:22 AM Post #17 of 25
Jul 16, 2008 at 1:10 PM Post #18 of 25
I just want to say that Crumpler is very dorky. It's just goofy. It looks like its trying really hard to be cool.

LoweAlpine is high quality function. I've used the same LoweAlpine backpack for seven years now.

Jul 18, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by gorgak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just want to say that Crumpler is very dorky. It's just goofy. It looks like its trying really hard to be cool.

LoweAlpine is high quality function. I've used the same LoweAlpine backpack for seven years now.

The website is a bit goofy but Crumpler bags are no joke. The build quality and design is excellent and I know many event photogs who own and use Crumpler bags.

Jul 18, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL. True. When I want to carry all my camera stuff (and I'm still just starting off with the photography thing) and my laptop (which is a huge Dell 17" model), I carry a Lowepro CompuTrekker Plus AW, which doesn't look too bad, but certainly isn't stylish or fashionable. (It looks a lot like the backpack that guy is wearing in the photo on the Lowepro homepage that reads "Over 40 Years Of Firsts.") They make a smaller version of it simply called the CompuTrekker AW.

If you have a smaller laptop, check out some of the other options on this page, some of which might reasonably be considered more fashionable or stylish than the boxy-but-rooomy CompuTrekker options.

I like Lowepro because all of the bags of theirs that I've used or own seem to protect the camera very nicely. The CompuTrekker Plus AW also seems to protect my laptop very nicely.

Heheh, you've seen my Tiny laptop, so it should be no surprise that my every day carry bag is the Maxpedition Colossus. It's nicely padded and has enough room for my Fujitsu P1610 and my Canon HF100, plus lots of other stuff.

-Ed

Jul 18, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #23 of 25
^ That is funny that you should suggest that. I have that exact bag and used it for my d40 and my powerbook 12". However, now the mbp is in town..and was looking for something new. It's a nice bag though.

Jul 23, 2008 at 10:57 AM Post #24 of 25
How about ANY bag of your choice with Domke inserts and a waterfield booqbag laptop sleeve (both are custom fit for your laptop) It's inconspicuous and provides maximum protection.

Jul 23, 2008 at 7:18 PM Post #25 of 25
This family of bags by Kata has my serious interest....

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

....but I don't think any of the pieces in this specific line from Kata will hold your MBP (their website didn't have the information on this specific new line the last time I checked).

That said, Kata makes some pretty cool looking cases that do hold camera gear and laptops together. Check out Kata's website. (I don't know that you'd call any of their gear particularly fashionable.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back