Case-fi: Reccomend me a case for my D40 and MBP
Jul 12, 2008 at 3:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

filipelli

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys,

I am in need of a nice case that will hold both my dslr and my laptop. Something along the lines of a messenger bag and low key and stylish if possible
biggrin.gif
. Any suggestions on there for me?

Jul 12, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #3 of 25
LOL, I would not put Lowepro and Stylish in the same sentence. At least if we're talking fashion friendly here.

It's very difficult to find a messenger type bag that offers enough space and protection for both a laptop and a DSLR. If it does, it ends up being quite boxy, and no longer looks or feels like a messenger bag.

Also, you didn't mention if you were going to need to carry other lenses.

I'd look into Crumpler, at the least, get their Padded Camera Insert Bucket thingy, and you can put that into any bag you want.

-Ed

Jul 12, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #5 of 25
Nope no other lenses. Just the d40 with lens attached and the notebook.

Yep! Looking into crumpler, but just wanted to see if there was anything I am missing. I am getting more help here than on macrumors surprise surprise.

Jul 13, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope no other lenses. Just the d40 with lens attached and the notebook.

Yep! Looking into crumpler, but just wanted to see if there was anything I am missing. I am getting more help here than on macrumors surprise surprise.

If you want stylish, Crumpler is where it's at. The other brands all yell out "PHOTOGRAPHER HERE!"

Hmm, maybe the National Geographic bags will work too? They look kinda like you're about to go off on a safari to Africa.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 13, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #8 of 25
Haha thanks roastpuff! I will check out crumpler. I saw those national geo bags too haha that is funny you said that.

In the mean time, I guess just a regular sleeve for my thinkpad and the d40 will go in one of those inserts I have from another photo case - both of which will go in a normal backpack. I found a brenthaven edge II for $35 on ebay. So I guess for now the MBP will be flying seperate. I originally wanted a bag to be ready when I fly back to school with 2 computers.

Jul 13, 2008 at 11:18 AM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL, I would not put Lowepro and Stylish in the same sentence. At least if we're talking fashion friendly here....

LOL. True. When I want to carry all my camera stuff (and I'm still just starting off with the photography thing) and my laptop (which is a huge Dell 17" model), I carry a Lowepro CompuTrekker Plus AW, which doesn't look too bad, but certainly isn't stylish or fashionable. (It looks a lot like the backpack that guy is wearing in the photo on the Lowepro homepage that reads "Over 40 Years Of Firsts.") They make a smaller version of it simply called the CompuTrekker AW.

If you have a smaller laptop, check out some of the other options on this page, some of which might reasonably be considered more fashionable or stylish than the boxy-but-rooomy CompuTrekker options.

I like Lowepro because all of the bags of theirs that I've used or own seem to protect the camera very nicely. The CompuTrekker Plus AW also seems to protect my laptop very nicely.

Jul 13, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #13 of 25
Damn...that Vaja stuff is DAMN NICE....but those prices are atrocious. Starting at $285 for a Touch case...no thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back