Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Jan 14, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #2,416 of 2,728
Hello guys, I received today my Cascade's (many thanks @carboncopy! :)).
I'm enjoying these greatly so far, very engaging and fun. I don't find them overly bassy or boomy with leather pads (carboncopy did remove white filters).

My only complain, and I must be in the minority here, but I don't find the clamping force strong enough, just like with my Meze Neo. I guess I don't have such a big head after all.

Is there any demo to bend the headband and increase clamping @KB? I tried with caution but it didn't do much. I prefer the sound I get when I press a bit on the earcups.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #2,417 of 2,728
Hello guys, I received today my Cascade's (many thanks @carboncopy! :)).
I'm enjoying these greatly so far, very engaging and fun. I don't find them overly bassy or boomy with leather pads (carboncopy did remove white filters).

My only complain, and I must be in the minority here, but I don't find the clamping force strong enough, just like with my Meze Neo.

Is there any demo to bend the headband and increase clamping @KB? I tried with caution but I didn't do much.

Thanks!
Mine were almost new, and their really don't have a lot of clamping force, just enough to be comfortable, but they are certainly on the weaker side of clamp force.
I find they comfortable on the pads, the bad part is the headband, certainly could be more closed.
There's someone showing a extremely bended headband. I wouldn't be to hard on them, but Ken certainly suggested that the headband is made from a metal that can be bended without too much worry

Jan 14, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #2,418 of 2,728
Mine were almost new, and their really don't have a lot of clamping force, just enough to be comfortable, but they are certainly on the weaker side of clamp force.
I find they comfortable on the pads, the bad part is the headband, certainly could be more closed.
There's someone showing a extremely bended headband. I wouldn't be to hard on them, but Ken certainly suggested that the headband is made from a metal that can be bended without too much worry
Been wearing them for roughly 2 hours, I'm really pleased, even wearing glasses.

I saw about the bending but it makes me anxious (new toy!) and uncertain about how I should proceed. I tried to do the same as the ZMF video but well no success.

Jan 19, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #2,419 of 2,728
Today was my first time going out with my Cascade.

I got to say I was pretty disappointed with this experience. This might be linked to the low clamping force, but the isolation, with stock pads, sure doesn't seem enough to me. The bus engine sound was annoying to the point I had to raise the volume by 5 or 6 steps on my iBasso DX160... I could still hear people talking around me...
On the contrary, when I use my Fibae 7, I put a volume when I go out and I almost never turn it up or down, and I really feel in a bubble.

It's a shame because when the external noise is moderate, I'm delighted by the Cascade. It is so lively, engaging and fun!

Any chance the XL pads would make the isolation better...?

@KB still no tip to increase clamping force...? :frowning2:

Jan 26, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #2,422 of 2,728
Hey yall, can anyone with the cascades and argon mk3 tell me the difference in sound between them?
I had both of them. The Cascades are a monster bass canon. A very V-shaped signature. Unbeatable bass. Argon MK3 is a bass canon too. But compared to the Cascades, Arogons have much more controlled bass. Sometimes I used EQ with Argons to boost the bass and highs a bit. Also, Argons would be a bit more resolving, more balanced, less V-shaped, more laid-back. Both headphones are about a lot of fun. You should try both of them. They are really unique.

Jan 26, 2022 at 1:09 PM Post #2,423 of 2,728
I had both of them. The Cascades are a monster bass canon. A very V-shaped signature. Unbeatable bass. Argon MK3 is a bass canon too. But compared to the Cascades, Arogons have much more controlled bass. Sometimes I used EQ with Argons to boost the bass and highs a bit. Also, Argons would be a bit more resolving, more balanced, less V-shaped, more laid-back. Both headphones are about a lot of fun. You should try both of them. They are really unique.
I already have the cascades :sweat_smile:. I love them for fun listening, thing is, the headband is soo uncomfortable. I already put like 4 Dekoni nuggets, while it did help a lot, the same thing happens after like 2hrs of listening. Also because the bass is soo strong, it kinda overpowers the mids and treble, so I can only straight-up use them for EDM, rock, hip-hop, metal. Plus the soundstage feels sort of small and intimate, I do not recommend this for gaming, everything sounds soo close,

I'm looking for another 'fun' type of headphones where it is more comfortable and I can game with it. I heard the argon mk3 has a huge soundstage and just sounds like what I am looking for. Was wondering if this would be worth adding to my collection.

Edit = Also I will say the cascades were sort of L shaped if that exists, rather than V shaped. I am treble sensitive so not really any complains from me other than obviously it would only be for certain use being the bass cannons they are

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #2,424 of 2,728
Hey yall, can anyone with the cascades and argon mk3 tell me the difference in sound between them?
I have the Cascades and the T60 Argons. I prefer the Cascades by a large amount. They are a wall of bass, but it is fun and I still find it pretty articulate with various genres. Jazz on the Cascades is interesting and fun. I wouldn't wear them for a week straight, but they do give you a different perspective.

I like the T60's, but I find that they lack the clarity and bass of the Cascades. Which is maybe to be expected with the lower price point. They are fun with rock and pop, but I never think to myself, "These are keepers". They are also a lot harder to drive than the Cascades, which sounds great off of anything. The only place I prefer the Argons is the headband and big,comfy pads.

A year from now I will still own the Cascades and the Argons will likely be gone.

Jan 26, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #2,425 of 2,728
Jan 26, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #2,426 of 2,728
I have the Cascades and the T60 Argons. I prefer the Cascades by a large amount. They are a wall of bass, but it is fun and I still find it pretty articulate with various genres. Jazz on the Cascades is interesting and fun. I wouldn't wear them for a week straight, but they do give you a different perspective.

I like the T60's, but I find that they lack the clarity and bass of the Cascades. Which is maybe to be expected with the lower price point. They are fun with rock and pop, but I never think to myself, "These are keepers". They are also a lot harder to drive than the Cascades, which sounds great off of anything. The only place I prefer the Argons is the headband and big,comfy pads.

A year from now I will still own the Cascades and the Argons will likely be gone.
Thx for the input, I have heard that the T60 are more neutral than the T50 Argons though.

Jan 26, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #2,428 of 2,728
Thx for the input, I have heard that the T60 are more neutral than the T50 Argons though.
I have heard the same. That is why I chose the T60's. I used them for a about a month and really liked them. Then I sent them to Modhouse. I heard the T50's were a lot "boomier" and I didn't want that. The T60's are certainly not boomy, but Really take to bass boost on my iFi.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #2,429 of 2,728
Today was my first time going out with my Cascade.

I got to say I was pretty disappointed with this experience. This might be linked to the low clamping force, but the isolation, with stock pads, sure doesn't seem enough to me. The bus engine sound was annoying to the point I had to raise the volume by 5 or 6 steps on my iBasso DX160... I could still hear people talking around me...
On the contrary, when I use my Fibae 7, I put a volume when I go out and I almost never turn it up or down, and I really feel in a bubble.

It's a shame because when the external noise is moderate, I'm delighted by the Cascade. It is so lively, engaging and fun!

Any chance the XL pads would make the isolation better...?

@KB still no tip to increase clamping force...? :frowning2:

Isolation with the XL pads is worse than the original pads. They provide a more open feeling. I assume that it can change depending on your head shape... But I would find very rare that you get a better isolation.

Jan 27, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #2,430 of 2,728
Isolation with the XL pads is worse than the original pads. They provide a more open feeling. I assume that it can change depending on your head shape... But I would find very rare that you get a better isolation.
Good to know, thanks.
I guess I'll keep them as my desk headphones, replacing my Elear.

Leaning toward Ultrasone (edition 8, signature dxp or dj) for my portable headphones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back