Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Feb 16, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #1,486 of 2,734
The Cascade isn't a hard to drive headphone, perhaps your Idsd is set to lowest gain or has iematch turned on?
I think what you mentioned is a guitar effects pedal, so I can't imagine that would be a good idea to use it with headphones for various reasons.

iematch is turned off. All other settings is like recommended by guys from this forum.

Feb 16, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #1,490 of 2,734
I power on the iDSD before i connected it to the PC, this puts it in battery Power mode as it says in the manual, this is how i should have it right?, my iDSD just died and i cant listen to any music, is the battery dead how do i charge the battery?.

Edit: i pulled out the USB cable in the back of the iDSD and put it in again with the Power on and it worked again. I dont understand what the problem was? why did it shut down before?.

Edit: now it died on me again while listening to Music :frowning2: and it is blinking blue and red.

It turned itself on after a few minutes, guess its the beattery that needs chargeing, but then it turned itself off again, and this time it dont blink blue and red, it dont blink at all, so do i haft to let it charge without playing any music or what should i do?.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #1,492 of 2,734
I power on the iDSD before i connected it to the PC, this puts it in battery Power mode as it says in the manual, this is how i should have it right?, my iDSD just died and i cant listen to any music, is the battery dead how do i charge the battery?.

Edit: i pulled out the USB cable in the back of the iDSD and put it in again with the Power on and it worked again. I dont understand what the problem was? why did it shut down before?.

Edit: now it died on me again while listening to Music :frowning2: and it is blinking blue and red.

It turned itself on after a few minutes, guess its the beattery that needs chargeing, but then it turned itself off again, and this time it dont blink blue and red, it dont blink at all, so do i haft to let it charge without playing any music or what should i do?.
To run the ifi off of the usb power, you need to turn it on with it plugged in. To use the battery only you turn it on then plug in. The ifi only will fully work off usb in eco mode, normal and turbo will still use some battery when connected via usb.

Feb 16, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #1,493 of 2,734
iematch is turned off. All other settings is like recommended by guys from this forum.
These headphones also require a lot of burn in. The BL has gobs of power for the cades; normal should adequate after about 200 hours of play time. I got #598 this time last year and I set my cades to play pink noise overnight to expedite the process. Great headphones, definitely buy the cloth pads too. And I tried the XL pads today at CanJam NYC and they are fantastic as well.

Feb 16, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #1,494 of 2,734
These headphones also require a lot of burn in. The BL has gobs of power for the cades; normal should adequate after about 200 hours of play time. I got #598 this time last year and I set my cades to play pink noise overnight to expedite the process. Great headphones, definitely buy the cloth pads too. And I tried the XL pads today at CanJam NYC and they are fantastic as well.

I got #977! Maybe we should all post our cascade #'s for the hell of it. (I'm bored)

Feb 17, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #1,495 of 2,734
How did the XL pads sound? Would you say they are more like the standard leather or cloth pads in terms of bass?

Feb 17, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #1,497 of 2,734
Just like the standard pads; with a size increase. I never had a problem with the stock pads personally but these pads will satisfy all ear shapes and sizes.
Thanks for the feedback, I find the stock size comfortable too so don't need the bigger size. However I prefer the cloth pad sound but the leather feel, so was hoping for something that ticked both boxes.

Feb 17, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #1,498 of 2,734
Can someone tell me it is possible for me to use the turbo power mode on the iFi BL when using the USB power or will the battery always fail after a short time?. The last day for me to return it is tomorrow, so i need to know if i should look for another amp that can handle higher volume without problems, i think the volume of eco mode is to weak for my taste.

I welcome any tips of a better amp that works with higer volumes if this iFi amp dont work with turbo and USB.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #1,499 of 2,734
Crap, I didn't realize that they had the XL pads at CanJam. I wanted to try them out :triportsad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back