Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Jan 25, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #2,146 of 2,728
Snug, but fits. It'll relax a bit over time too.

Attachments

• 20210125_164056.jpg
    20210125_164056.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Jan 25, 2021 at 5:58 AM Post #2,148 of 2,728
Snug, but fits. It'll relax a bit over time too.

Does the pilot pad actually improve the comfort and remove the hotspot?

And how do you install the pilot headband? Need to remove the screws?

Jan 25, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #2,154 of 2,728
Hey all - long time reader, short time poster :)

Was thinking of picking up a pair of Cascades and was thinking of replacing my DT 177X Go and Mobius with them. Any comparison on how they sound compared to the 177X Go as the Mobius has a lot more 'other' applications to them so I'd probably keep them around. Mostly listen to Jazz, electronic, instrumental / metal, and rock

Thank you!

Jan 30, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #2,155 of 2,728

Was thinking of picking up a pair of Cascades and was thinking of replacing my DT 177X Go and Mobius with them. Any comparison on how they sound compared to the 177X Go as the Mobius has a lot more 'other' applications to them so I'd probably keep them around. Mostly listen to Jazz, electronic, instrumental / metal, and rock

Thank you!

The Cascade is kind of a different beast than the Mobius. If you use the right source, the Cascade will scale to great heights. Mobius is a good bluetooth headphone. The Cascade will beat it in every category with a wide margin. To get the most out of the Cascade, you may need a very good DAP like a Fiio M15. Many use it as a desktop setup. I take it to work with me everyday, and I love it.

Cascade works with pretty much all genre's of music. It's got great treble, very good mids, and insane bass. The soundstage and imaging are remarkable for a closed can with small driver. The oversize pads will give you more sense of space, so should be benefit your music interests.

One thing to know is that the Cascade is a little unforgiving. Poorly recorded tracks will get revealed, but it rewards you for the well recorded ones.

Jan 30, 2021 at 1:47 AM Post #2,156 of 2,728
The Cascade is kind of a different beast than the Mobius. If you use the right source, the Cascade will scale to great heights. Mobius is a good bluetooth headphone. The Cascade will beat it in every category with a wide margin. To get the most out of the Cascade, you may need a very good DAP like a Fiio M15. Many use it as a desktop setup. I take it to work with me everyday, and I love it.

Cascade works with pretty much all genre's of music. It's got great treble, very good mids, and insane bass. The soundstage and imaging are remarkable for a closed can with small driver. The oversize pads will give you more sense of space, so should be benefit your music interests.

One thing to know is that the Cascade is a little unforgiving. Poorly recorded tracks will get revealed, but it rewards you for the well recorded ones.
Thanks for the feedback! I'm definitely looking to pick up a pair and have them replace either my DT 177x or the Mobius. As you said I do like the Mobius for gaming/bluetooth use but don't use it much more often than that. I've got an XD-05+ and an Dragonfly Black, hopefully between those two it should be enough to push the Cascade (and an R3 Saber Pro for on the go listening). Appreciate the response!

Jan 30, 2021 at 5:49 AM Post #2,157 of 2,728

Thank you!
Can't tell you about 177X, but Cascade is well suited to heavier/darker genres, eg I love mine for EDM, Rap, and the heavier side of indie/alternative/classic rock.
It also plays well with most sources, phone/DAP/desktop amp, Cascade will sound good/better/best with them all.

Jan 30, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #2,159 of 2,728

I agree and what makes the Cascade even better is a pure silver cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back