Cartridge for the Rega P3
Sep 24, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #16 of 16
I wouldn't be too worried about what cart to use with my turntable if it is my first. I just went through your situation deciding on a turntable purchase and finally settled on a P3-24 rega with Elys 2 cart.

What I really learned from the purchase however, is this turntable is really what you'll ever need if you entire chain is pretty much set up. The subtle difference you might or might not hear from upgrading to some thing better do not mean it should be something more expensive. What I also learned from this purchase, is buying new or better equipment will indeed will make you music sound better, but only to the first couple of months. What better gear really does, imho, is it tunes your brain to pick up things you can't with your old gear. What is really interesting tho, is after that mental burn-in, your music will sound better with your old gear because your brain is tuned by the new gear and you will now hear things you can't hear before with you're old gear.

So imo, if you buy the exact up front, you might be wondering what if you install something cost twice as much after you get use it couple months down the road anyway, why not start with something cheaper and you might find that's what you'll ever need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back