Cartridge for a BIC 960 turntable?
Apr 22, 2011 at 4:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tnmike1

Headphoneus Supremus
Just restored a BIC 960 turntable but looking for reasonably-priced cartridge for it.  Playing only classical--mostly DG or RCA Red Seal mono and stereo--and all records are in perfect condition so would like a cartridge to bring them into their full beauty.  Any help appreciated

Apr 23, 2011 at 4:07 AM Post #2 of 3
Well, I know nothing about your turntable.

However, you can find inexpensive cartridges at Garage 'A Records. If you want a wide selection including expensive stuff, try the Needledoctor.

For an inexpensive cartridge, I enjoyed the Shure MX97xE. The Grado Black also offers good performance.

I don't know what your budget is, but I love the Denon DL103. I have a couple of Cinemag step-up transformers and it sounds wonderful with them. I don't see any reason to spend a fortune on a wear item like a cartridge with this combination.

Apr 23, 2011 at 7:55 AM Post #3 of 3
Been a couple decades since I used a turntable, so I didn't know if I should find a cartridge that matched the particular turntable or just pick one in my price range with the consideration of whether Iwanted MM or MC.  So thanks for the suggestions.  Will check them out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back