Carot one Fabriziolo - small Tube amp.
Jun 18, 2012 at 1:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

ExpatinJapan

Headphoneus Supremus
Should this be in portable amps? Probably not, but its small form begs to differ.

I thought it quirky and interesting so i decided to post some pictures.

It has AC power, does it contain a battery also? I`ve no idea.

Have I tried it? Not yet, but my local store stocks it and I will soon.

Do I picture myself buying it, well I have a home amp, portable amps and a Fostex hp_p1 and although this would look great on my shelf, I have no more need for yet more gear.

It looks very cool though.

I seems to be the smaller sister of the previous more bulky Carot One ernestolo
(shown on the right)

Jun 18, 2012 at 8:21 AM Post #4 of 14
Well, I much prefer e_earphones, and since they are local (Osaka/Tokyo) and not the man (big camera box shops), and quieter (seemingly), I'll prefer to visit them. My money goes to local bicycle shops, skate shops, headphone shops. When I have it.

Jun 18, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:
Well, I much prefer e_earphones, and since they are local (Osaka/Tokyo) and not the man (big camera box shops), and quieter (seemingly), I'll prefer to visit them. My money goes to local bicycle shops, skate shops, headphone shops. When I have it.

I also like to give my money to the small shops, but I do like to test my commute headphones in noisy biccamera to test out isolation before I buy :)

Jun 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #10 of 14
Wow those are pretty! :) Please update if you end up buying it.

Feb 27, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #11 of 14
Mar 24, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #12 of 14
Hey all. So I was having a little Sunday fun romping around eBay when all of a sudden i stumbled upon the carot amp. Looking at it, I though "well thats quite nice. I wouldn't mind having one of those, but i think it's just a touch overpriced." So I continued on looking and stumbled upon this. At only $80 I couldn't believe the similarities to the $500 (or $275 as you all seem to have found it). And by similarities, I mean they're EXACTLY THE SAME. I even wrote all the specs from the carot down and compared them. They're exactly the same with the only exception being case size, granted I'm still a bit confused as to what it actually is (there are multiple dimensions listed).

images

I mean look at this thing! I want to call rip off, and i totally would, if not for those matching specs! Can someone please explain.

Oh, and by the way would you mind posting/directing me to your impressions of the carot. I'm rather curious now. Might they sound the same???? 
rolleyes.gif
confused.gif

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #13 of 14
So, I did some more snooping around head fi. I managed to dig up a thread on the muse. It seems that (according to one person) it has some serious sound floor issues. They noted humming, ripples, and all sorts of issues. But they also seemed to be having trouble with the adapter. in fact, when changed it improved but not enough. I wonder if it just need the right juice?

Jun 1, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #14 of 14
This power of Muse is no different in sound from Muse should only make ground and lower the voltage to 6.30v. 
listened through Creative Elite Pro with headphones Audio-Technica ATH-A900x.
I see no reason to overpay.Bought Muse TU-20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back