Carolina CanFest 8 (Charlotte/Concord NC area) Cancelled/postponed per City Parks & Recs. Dept.
Feb 3, 2020 at 10:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

Army-Firedawg

1000+ Head-Fier
It's getting to be that time of year again so thought I'd go ahead and start getting an interest check and an idea for a date range.

EDIT 1: For those who're interested, please post what and all you'll be able to bring and where you're coming from if/when we can get us a date for the event. If my grid fills up, DON'T WORRY I'll simply just make another one.

EDIT 2: So far, since it's FEB. already I'm thinking the earliest we should have this meet should be late April and possibly into May. That should give people plenty of time to arrange their schedules accordingly.

EDIT 3: Needing votes for the day of the meet. So far a Sat. looks to work best (for at least 2 of us anyways) and the sooner I can get a date to get a reservation for the community room the better. So the date I've planned is 16MAY PENDING a reservation. I have to wait until I get paid next week to put the money down for the room.
Previously our meets have been apr. 4-5 hours. Is that still enough time for everyone or should it be longer?

EDIT 4: I have submitted my application for reservation of the Community Room at Fire Station #9. This is where I've tried to previously make a reservation for for it's the largest, and IMO the nicest, of the 3 Community Rooms offered. If I get the reservation I'll post pictures of the interior.

EDIT 5: The date and time has been reserved! HOWEVER it had to be for 30MAY (still 10-1400) due to 16MAY being taken up before me.

EDIT 6: The City of Concord Parks & Recs. Department called me and to inform that they're remaining closed throughout the Month of May. So, unfortunately, that means as in this format of CanFest 8.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #2 of 53
Rules:
1. Don't be a jerk. We're all here to have fun, enjoy each others company and, of course, listen to some amazing stuff. Be polite and respectful.
2. Selling your gear is acceptable by means of having a small card, sticker or other similar posting of what's for sale and it's asking price.
3. When listening to/demoing a piece of gear that isn't your, get permission by the owner first. You break it, you buy it.
4. PENDING APPROVAL of application: Station Tours are not only allowed but encouraged! Just please let me know you're interested and I'll ask on scene personnel if it's alright (more than likely they'll be more than fine with it).

@Army-Firedawg

Possibly +1 Guest
Concord, NCHeadphones
-Audio-Technica ATH-W1000z
-Edifier H850
-Empire Ears Hermes VI (ciem)
*w/ bal. Effect Audio Eres II cable
*w/ unbal.BTG Audio Starlight cable
-Oppo PM-1
-Sennheiser HD660S
-Sennheiser HD650

Amplifier
-Audio-Technica HA5000

D.A.C.
-PS Audio DigitalLink 3
*w/ Cullan Stage 4 upgrade.

D.A.P.
-Luxury & Precision L3
-Hifiman SuperMini
@Crion629

Possible +X Guest(s)
Greenville, SCHeadphones
-Audeze EL-8 Open
-Audeze LCD-X
-Heir Audio 4.ai
-Sennheiser HD600
-Shure SE525
-Ultimate Ears 4 Pro (ciem)
-Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered (ciem)
-Fostex TH-X00 Ebony

Amplifier
Asus Xonar Essence One
JDS EL DAC/AMP
Schitt Magni 3

D.A.C.
Schiit Modi 2

Potential
-AudioQuest Dragonfly
@ebiesterWilmington, NCHeadphones
-Beyerdynamic DT770
-Focal Elex
-MonopriceM1060
@fatcat28037Denver, NCHeadphones
-Denon D7000
-Grado RS-1
-Hifiman HE-400
-AKG K-1000
-Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic System

Amp
-Woo Audio W22

Source
-Yamaha S-CD2000
-Fiio X3vIII
@16hz loverCornelius, NCHeadphones
-Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro
@jamwagon

Possibly +1 Guest
Headphones
-AudioQuest NightOwl
-Sennheiser/Massdrop HD6XX

Amplifier
- Bottlehead Crack
* w/ Various tubes
-Topping NX4 DSD

Dac
-Schiit Modi 3
@ok computerHeadphones
-Sennheiser HD600 (modded)
-Verum Audio 1
-Fostex/Massdrop THX-00 Purple Heart

Amplifier
-RME Audio ADI-2 Pro.
-Little Labs Monotor
@SupperTimeHeadphones
-Dan Clark (Mr. Speakers) Ether C Flow v1.1

Amplifier
-RME Audio ADI-2 Pro.
@claud W Raleigh, NCHeadphones
-ZMF Verite
*w/ Norne 8 wire cable
-Sennheiser HD 600
*w/ Norne Draug 3 cable
-Sennheiser HD 800
*w/ specially tuned Norne Draug 3 cable

Amplifier
-Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon

DAC
-Schiit Modi Multibit

Source
-Ibasso DX 220

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #4 of 53
Definitely interested as would be several friends of mine.

That'd be awesome, we'd certainly love to have any and all of you. Do you've an idea what you would be able to bring by chance if/when we get this event going?

Feb 8, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #5 of 53
That'd be awesome, we'd certainly love to have any and all of you. Do you've an idea what you would be able to bring by chance if/when we get this event going?
Personally, I've got JDS EL DAC/AMP, Schitt Magni 3, Modi 2, Asus Xonar Essence One, plus the headphones I've got listed in my sig. I know one of my friends who is interested has a Audioquest Dragonfly. Not sure what other gear is in question. I may have some more to bring depending on CanJam NYC next weekend.

Feb 8, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #6 of 53
I'm interested as well, though I (still) don't have that much to bring. (Elex, Monoprice m1060, dt-770) - I may just bring the Elex in case someone is interested in comparisons and come to hang out. If someone expresses interest in hearing lower end gear for comparisons, I can bring it. :)

Feb 8, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #7 of 53
I'm interested as well, though I (still) don't have that much to bring. (Elex, Monoprice m1060, dt-770) - I may just bring the Elex in case someone is interested in comparisons and come to hang out. If someone expresses interest in hearing lower end gear for comparisons, I can bring it. :)

What you can bring, regardless of amount/value etc... is ALWAYS very much appreciated. I'm excited to listen to your Elex and the M1060 again.

Feb 19, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #9 of 53
Any Saturday in April/May will work.

Headphones
Denon D7000
Grado RS-1
Hifiman HE-400
AKG K-1000
Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic System

Amp
Woo Audio W22

Input
Yamaha S-CD2000
Fiio X3vIII

Feb 23, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #11 of 53
count me in for any date in May, for now still have my 27 year old Beyer DT 990 Pro

31 posts in 15 years????

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #13 of 53
The 16th would be nice as it's right in between two other me to the beginning and ending of the month

Once we get confirmation I'll see if I can't get the time off approved as I should be able to bring some really cool top of the line stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back