Carolina CanFEST 5 Head Fi Meet, March 19, Charlotte, NC
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #106 of 294
  They have already addressed the headphone amp won't happen due to them only having one review unit and it's currently being reviewed by a publisher right now which is great for them. And I'm looking through the emails and I found that they couldn't allow any IEM's due to sanitary reasons (which is absolutely understandable) but I also believe they said they can't loan any headphones either. So far the only thing @MoonAudio said could be a potential is some of their cables.

It's a shame all they are bringing are Cables :/ for That Matter I have 1 Cable by Brian at BTG and 3 by @PETEREK :/ I'd love to show you guys how well built an how great affordable cables sound, compared to the some what over priced offerings by Moon 

You can update my list to include my Yggdrassil and Ragnarok.  Why not.  I'll bring them.  Should be fun.

oooh very awesome :D I know that system is a R2R dac based balanced set up! I'll be super excited to hear my HE 4 running out that :D 

Haha soon as I get back to the com I certainly will but didn't you just upgrade those a short time ago haha a couple more days they'll be called the alpha primes XD

even better man! This is getting exciting! 

Army if you would message me to, I've got some updates to what I'm bringing with me as well 

Jan 21, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #107 of 294
  You can update my list to include my Yggdrassil and Ragnarok.  Why not.  I'll bring them.  Should be fun.

God I would love to plug my JBLs into that setup.

What do you guys think about me bringing the 530s to listen to?  Do want to have any speakers or do we want to keep it purely a headphone event?

Jan 21, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #108 of 294
  I am planning to have the festivities at a hotel and they will supply the tables with table cloths. I am currently awaiting hearing back from the sales people at the hotel to see what the availability is for certain rooms in February and March. I think using a hotel will simplify things especially for those who may need to stay over night. Also, it makes for a nice venue. Finally, regarding speakers at the Meet, I'm afraid it, by necessity, will need to be a speaker free zone. This has been an issue in the past and speakers and headphones just don't play well together. I'll chime back in soon. 

PS: are there any Saturdays in Feb or March that are bad for people to attend? Please let me know as I want to try and accommodate most if not all of our attendees. 

Post #44
  God I would love to plug my JBLs into that setup.

What do you guys think about me bringing the 530s to listen to?  Do want to have any speakers or do we want to keep it purely a headphone event?

Perhaps you can see if jfoxvol will allow you to test this out privately after the meet.

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #109 of 294
50% chance I'll be there and I'll be bringing friends who are interested in sliding down this slippery slope.  If we stick to the 19th I'm at 99% - 26th and I'm at 1% chance.  I'll be bringing LCD2.2 non-fazor + WooAudio WA7.

Jan 21, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #110 of 294
  50% chance I'll be there and I'll be bringing friends who are interested in sliding down this slippery slope.  If we stick to the 19th I'm at 99% - 26th and I'm at 1% chance.  I'll be bringing LCD2.2 non-fazor + WooAudio WA7.

I think were set for the 19th, at least I hope so because I've already taken those days off from work! 

Jan 21, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #111 of 294
  It's a shame all they are bringing are Cables :/ for That Matter I have 1 Cable by Brian at BTG and 3 by @PETEREK :/ I'd love to show you guys how well built an how great affordable cables sound, compared to the some what over priced offerings by Moon 

oooh very awesome :D I know that system is a R2R dac based balanced set up! I'll be super excited to hear my HE 4 running out that :D 

even better man! This is getting exciting! 

Army if you would message me to, I've got some updates to what I'm bringing with me as well 

It's a great setup, the Rag/Yggy.  I have never heard HE-4s before.  Looking forward to trying them out.  

Jan 21, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #112 of 294

Well I hope that 50% is the possitive half cause we'd sure love for you and your friends to be there! I've out you down good sir.

Jan 21, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #113 of 294
  It's a great setup, the Rag/Yggy.  I have never heard HE-4s before.  Looking forward to trying them out.  

haha right, mine are a little special though. I've had the same pair of DT 880 Pads on them for about a year now [I do wash them about every 2 months] an I've got a custom Cable an Wood Cups on it

Well I hope that 50% is the possitive half cause we'd sure love for you and your friends to be there! I've out you down good sir.

Like wise, I've only heard the Fazor'd LCD 2. It'll b nice to hear a Non Fazor'd variant! 

Jan 21, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #114 of 294
Looking forward to this quite a bit. This will be my first meet, since I missed the last one in Charlotte. Pretty excited to hear some new gear. Here's what I have to contribute:

Denon D2000 (stock)
Limitless Creations HP3BK
JVC S400
KZ LP-S
Fostex HP-A4
Fiio X1
Fiio E11K

Thanks to Mshenay, DannyB, Army-Firedawg (and anyone I might have missed) for their work in setting this up!

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #115 of 294
Looking forward to this quite a bit. This will be my first meet, since I missed the last one in Charlotte. Pretty excited to hear some new gear. Here's what I have to contribute:

Denon D2000 (stock)
Limitless Creations HP3BK
JVC S400
KZ LP-S
Fostex HP-A4
Fiio X1
Fiio E11K

Thanks to @Mshenay, @DannyB, @Army-Firedawg (and anyone I might have missed) for their work in setting this up!

AWESOME my friend WELCOME!! I've got you down and honestly likewise with this being my first. I think I was doing something Army related last year and had to miss the Charlotte meet. 

Jan 22, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #116 of 294

AWESOME my friend WELCOME!! I've got you down and honestly likewise with this being my first. I think I was doing something Army related last year and had to miss the Charlotte meet. 

this will be my First too :D 

Jan 23, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #118 of 294
Hey everyone,

I'd like to attend this event, I'm in Charlotte. This will be my first meet up and I can bring the following gear:

- OPPO HA-1
- LCD 2 (w/ fazor)
- Grado 325is

Awesome! Pleasure to have you aboard. I'll update you as soon as I get home. Really excited to try out the Oppo, their PM-1 are currently m my dream headphones.

Jan 23, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #119 of 294
  Hey everyone,

I'd like to attend this event, I'm in Charlotte. This will be my first meet up and I can bring the following gear:

- OPPO HA-1
- LCD 2 (w/ fazor)
- Grado 325is

Awesome man good to have ya :3

Im looking forward ot hearing a proper grado lol! 

Jan 24, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #120 of 294
Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to it.

Be prepared, the 325is is notorious for being the harshest in the line up (sharp highs) and is very polarizing from what I've seen. However I have always enjoyed them and the Grado sound in general since buying the SR80's as my first cans around 7 years ago or so resulting in my first hi-fi headphone experience. So I'm a bit biased :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back