Cardas Myrtle Wood Blocks
Oct 21, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #61 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you e-mail him, I am pretty sure he will still make them for you. I read this while searching other threads for Cardas Myrtlewood, and Panda Audio came up as well. The person who posted it said to e-mail him if you wanted something. I believe his e-mail is on his home page...

Yip, you can find it if you use Google's cache. It's a pity that the site seems to be down though. Pandafeet are a very interesting product. While the success of all vibration / isolation products is very much subject to individual setups, Pandafeet have an excellent value for money ratio.

Oct 23, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #62 of 195
EDIT: i was wrong about the G08. the bottom is covered in a different kind of material than the top, but it is not rubber. it is hard kind of plastic. only the corners have the rubber protrusions. also, i experimented more with the blocks and actually do think they make a subtle difference under the G08 - but i noticed that placement is key. before i was using two blocks in back an one front. after playing around with the player, it is clear that the front end is heavier than the back end. so i now use two blocks up front and one back and i think this combination has a beneficial effect - although it is not as apparent as using the blocks under the Apache power supply. to be safe, it is probably easier to use four blocks under all pieces of equipment. i may buy some more just for this purpose.

i now also place a thick and pretty dense soft cover book on top of the player. i think this has a beneficial effect as well. i also experimented with placing the magnetic disk from a 5 1/4 floppy on top of the CD during playback. i A/B'ed for about an hour and could not find any noticeable differences. i think i will try it again though as there is clearly something to CDs becoming magnetised or building up static electricity.

Oct 23, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #63 of 195
CDs are made of mylar and plastic. They can't become magnetized.

See ya
Steve

Oct 24, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #65 of 195
that's okay. i've read otherwise.

bigshot: don't even bother responding to any of my threads or posts. you're on my ignore list, so i don't read any of them.

Oct 24, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #66 of 195
Static electricity won't affect the laser, but it can cause pops through the line as it discharges. But once it's discharged, it's over and done with. The big cause of static is dry weather. Putting a floppy disk on top of your CD player won't do diddly to prevent it. A room humidifier might help.

See ya
Steve

Oct 24, 2007 at 10:15 AM Post #67 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Static electricity won't affect the laser, but it can cause pops through the line as it discharges. But once it's discharged, it's over and done with. The big cause of static is dry weather. Putting a floppy disk on top of your CD player won't do diddly to prevent it. A room humidifier might help.

See ya
Steve

The problem is, i think, that people hear a difference when they use such things but that the sellers or manufacturers don't even have a clue of how it exactly works.

Oct 25, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #68 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem is, i think, that people hear a difference when they use such things but that the sellers or manufacturers don't even have a clue of how it exactly works.

Thing is, even if it's only a placebo, you might think it sounds better, even if you're aware of it most likely being a placebo. All you have to do is decide on whether it is worth the money to you. You can get some very nice whiskey for the price of some "enhancements".

Oct 25, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #69 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver :) /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thing is, even if it's only a placebo, you might think it sounds better, even if you're aware of it most likely being a placebo. All you have to do is decide on whether it is worth the money to you. You can get some very nice whiskey for the price of some "enhancements".

Any other ideas for non-drinkers? My parents drink... lots.. however I can't muster the taste of hard liquor, or beer for that matter.

A nice brew of tea is my thing..
icon10.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #70 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any other ideas for non-drinkers? My parents drink... lots.. however I can't muster the taste of hard liquor, or beer for that matter.

A nice brew of tea is my thing..
icon10.gif

Yes... "tea"... that might be another possibility. Maybe you can find out why the top end on Cyprees Hill records always sounds so... numb.

Oct 25, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #71 of 195
Quote:

Yes... "tea"... that might be another possibility. Maybe you can find out why the top end on Cyprees Hill records always sounds so... numb.

I like black tea over all brew's, however will settle for green tea, if black is not available.

Eh, can't say I understand the second sentence. I'm not a fan of Cypress Hill.. sorry.
frown.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #72 of 195
Quote:

Everything that is not completely understood is placed under the label placebo. I know of a lot of audio things that are NOT placebo but give real improvements.

Oct 25, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #73 of 195
I think all these threads degenerating into the same boring aruements is ridiculous. Although I agree with people like bigshot I think it would be nice to just leave these threads alone. There is nothing constructive gained by arguing, no one is convinced.

Admin can we have a sceptics forum?
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 26, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #74 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by peelax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think all these threads degenerating into the same boring aruements is ridiculous. Although I agree with people like bigshot I think it would be nice to just leave these threads alone. There is nothing constructive gained by arguing, no one is convinced.

Admin can we have a sceptics forum?
smily_headphones1.gif

Just because you sceptics never listen yet judge something you don't know anything about.

People who actually used em, say thay make a difference in sound. I use other firbation reduction products and i can tell you that they make a huge impact on sound.

Placebo is something that doesn't do anything, these products do and it can be heard.

Oct 26, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #75 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just because you sceptics never listen yet judge something you don't know anything about.

People who actually used em, say thay make a difference in sound. I use other firbation reduction products and i can tell you that they make a huge impact on sound.

Placebo is something that doesn't do anything, these products do and it can be heard.

Ahmen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back