Cardas LCD-2 Prototype Cable
May 25, 2011 at 4:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Austin_J

Head-Fier

I emailed Cardas Audio a few months ago and asked if they had any plans for a LCD-2 cable. They did not yet have a pair, but were interested in learning more. So I sent them my LCD-2 stock cable for them to evaluate. 

A few weeks ago, I received a package with my original cable and a prototype of their new LCD-2 cable. They had acquired a pair of LCD-2s in the meantime and had tested a bunch of their cables. They settled on a mini version of their Clear cable.

Compared with the excellent ALO Chain Mail 8 cable, I have to say I'm really impressed. It seems a bit more resolving than the ALO, a touch more extended on top, and things seem to pop out of the mix with sharper relief. The ALO seems a bit more energetic and seems to put more of a focus on the fundamental than the harmonics, which may serve some records, systems, and preferences well. They are both great cables.

They are not sure about availability or pricing - they need to finalize a finished product (mine is held together with shrink wrap I think). 

I have not heard the LCD-2 with any other cables beside this one and the ALO. 

Given that I'm listening to a prototype, the best thing to take away from this post may be that there are more good things in store for LCD-2 owners!

May 26, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #3 of 9

Here's a pic of the cable. It's very light.

From Josh at Cardas:

"The cable, as you can tell, is actually a pair of cables, with each side of the Audeze having it's own dedicated cable.  Inside, each of these cables contains a pair of concentric conductors.  Together in this configuration, this is basically a miniature version of our Clear speaker cables.

I'm not sure about retail pricing, and it definitely is not available yet.  I would guess that we'll continue working on the aesthetics before going to market, such as adding a customized splitter where the cable branches off to each earphone, as opposed to the shrink-wrap that's on your cables."

May 26, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #4 of 9
Oh man, I hate reading stuff like this!

(throws wallet across room)

(runs for wallet)

May 26, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #5 of 9

These are really nice looking!!

J.  If you're reading this..................you need one of these to go w/the ALO cable!!!!
Quote:

Here's a pic of the cable. It's very light.

From Josh at Cardas:

"The cable, as you can tell, is actually a pair of cables, with each side of the Audeze having it's own dedicated cable.  Inside, each of these cables contains a pair of concentric conductors.  Together in this configuration, this is basically a miniature version of our Clear speaker cables.

I'm not sure about retail pricing, and it definitely is not available yet.  I would guess that we'll continue working on the aesthetics before going to market, such as adding a customized splitter where the cable branches off to each earphone, as opposed to the shrink-wrap that's on your cables."

May 28, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #6 of 9
I LOVE completely split cables like this. I've seen an HD 800 with this as well (from another company, of course), and they just look...quality.

May 30, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
I LOVE completely split cables like this. I've seen an HD 800 with this as well (from another company, of course), and they just look...quality.

Reminds me of my old Complement HD800 cable. I'll be in the market for this when I get the Audez'e.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back