Cardas 6 inch mini-to-mini
Feb 25, 2008 at 8:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

DJGeorgeT

Headphoneus Supremus
Is this a good cable to connect my sansa clip to Hornet amp, or should I spend a little more and get me something better?

Feb 25, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #2 of 6
It's really good. I don't at all mind using the Cardas with my iMod/amp/Etys even though I do have a well-regarded expensive cable I could use instead. The plug on the Cardas doesn't get in the way of my amp's volume knob the way the expensive-cable's plug does, and I really don't prefer the sound of the expensive cable. YMMV of course.

Feb 25, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #3 of 6
I figured that expensive does not always mean better. Plus the cardas uses 20 AWG conductors, the lower the better. And of course the right angle always helps with strain relief to the female plug. I think I will go ahead and buy this cable if nobody else has any comments against it.

Feb 25, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by episiarch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's really good. I don't at all mind using the Cardas with my iMod/amp/Etys even though I do have a well-regarded expensive cable I could use instead. The plug on the Cardas doesn't get in the way of my amp's volume knob the way the expensive-cable's plug does, and I really don't prefer the sound of the expensive cable. YMMV of course.

I concur. Portable audio isn't quite as sensitive to IC differences but they are there. To my ears nothing beats a well burned in multistrand silver mini-2-mini. But just behind those I find the Cardas HPi provides the best SQ (of the dozen or more mini-2minis I've tried through a FLAC/iRiverH140/SR71 or Mini3/Livewires setup).

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I figured that expensive does not always mean better. Plus the cardas uses 20 AWG conductors, the lower the better. And of course the right angle always helps with strain relief to the female plug. I think I will go ahead and buy this cable if nobody else has any comments against it.

Go for it. You won't regret it.

Feb 26, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the only thing I regret is the length. 6 inches is just way too long.

Well you could ask them about a shorter length or consider that it is a very thin and flexible cable - I find little concern flexing it in alongside my player/amp combo within their carry case.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back