Card with digital out for gaming?
Sep 20, 2007 at 5:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

OverlordXenu

Headphoneus Supremus
My X-Fi Platinum sounds like crap. It has digital outs, but I read somewhere on here that they aren't bit-perfect.

Anyway, I'm looking for a bit-perfect soundcard with coaxial or optical or whatever out, that is good for gaming. Reason being, my PC isn't really beefy anymore, and I think that if I were to just run my iBasso D1 over USB, my processor would be working too hard to sustain the DAC, and my game.

So, recommendations? Juli@? Auzentech X-Fi Prelude? Should I just see what impact running the iBasso D1 over USB has on my games, and then decide if I need to get a hardware card?

(I won't have the D1 for at most a few weeks, as iBasso is out, and I doubt anyone around here is going to sell theirs.)

Sep 28, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #3 of 5
The digital outputs of the prelude and your card will probably be identical.

They use the same APU, so the digital will be very similiar.

I think your problem is all the extra crap like CMSS and such, which degrades sound quality.

The outputs are bit perfect, but only in audio creation mode.

They can't be bit perfect in gaming mode since effects like EAX are being added.

Sep 28, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The digital outputs of the prelude and your card will probably be identical.

They use the same APU, so the digital will be very similiar.

I think your problem is all the extra crap like CMSS and such, which degrades sound quality.

The outputs are bit perfect, but only in audio creation mode.

They can't be bit perfect in gaming mode since effects like EAX are being added.

x2

get a DAC

and switch over to gaming mode when you game, otherwise keep it on audio creation mode and bit accurate output for music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back